• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V.5 Results

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey All,

I have most of the Pound Results, JCaesar has the P:M stuff so i'll edit the post when he posts in this thread. I also have to wait for Plank to give information on payouts.

Also, Chestie = Chinesahh

Melee Doubles:

1: Mango/Mew2King
2: Cyrain/Chillindude829
3: Vist/Thumbswayup (God **** trololololz)
4: DoH/Cactuar (Froto and Neo's Excellent Adventure)
5: Chestie/Plank (White Rice)
5: Green Ranger/Abate
7: Milkman/Arcadia (Milk****)
7: Zanguzen/Sensei (Bang arang zang)
9: Bones/Voodoo (Bones is a ratchet *****)
9: Aho/Fonz (Team Nasty)
9: Megachuck/Fear (MegaFear)
9: Oro/Soa (Kenichi)
13: Carroll/S1 (Falcons collide on a waterslide)
13: Big Wenz/Dkuo (Offstage)
13: Cavedweller/Sweet
13: Wenbo/Crimson Blur
17: Hova/Egy5 (Jancc)
17: Nate/Dairdevil
17: Lincoln/Darkseide (Dark Triforce)
17: KP/Paul
17: typo/stone free (Team First State)
17: Perry/BrianYDG (Clickity Clack)
17: Will/Kup (Team Brinstar)
25: Newb/Twig (Colin is a N00B)
25: Nello/Poehlcat (Veni vidi whisky)

Melee Singles:

1: CT EMP | Mew2King (Sheik/Marth)
2: Mango (Falcon/Mario/Marth)
3: Chillin (Fox)
4: Abate (Luigi)
5: Cactuar (Fox)
5: Vist (Luigi)
7: the irish mafia (Peach)
7: Plank (Sheik)
9: Wenbo (Fox/Falco)
9: G-reg (Falcon)
9: Omni (Fox/Sheik)
9: zanguzen (Falco/Sheik)
13: taki
13: DoH
13: Velocity
13: Green Ranger
17: ThumbsWayUp
17: cavedweller
17: Voodoo
17: chestie
17: rayqr
17: KP
17: sensei
17: BigWenz
25: salt
25: Machiavelli
25: The Crimson Blur
25: Milkman
25: Hova
25: hot$
25: twig
25: brianYDG
33: Fonz
33: Sweet
33: peanutphobia
33: archangel
33: beanwolf
33: definitely_not_link
33: Tdude51
33: Aho
33: perry
33: bones
33: Alcohol
33: logan
33: $1 the god
33: Arcadia
33: pgh Carroll
33: fear
49: Pepsi Laijin
49: Dkuo
49: Thurnis
49: arstneio
49: jh
49: Rickr
49: Nello
49: marthmcglynn
49: BMBZQDSoljer
49: Tre
49: klunky
49: Nate
49: Lincoln
49: oksas
49: serbian ice
49: Egy5
65: gerg
65: emodinosaur
65: KevenDubrow
65: h masta j
65: marf
65: kupo
65: mordicon
65: Dairdev1l
65: Awc
65: typo
65: Mooseeatsbear
65: Nick Hazard
65: game wad
65: ivalice
65: twenty percent
65: EEvisu
81: sg
81: Dwebre
81: polecat
81: stone free
81: Megachuck
81: marthdodge
81: skip
81: Jippythelion
81: Darkseide
81: shuffla
81: graphite
81: electran
81: S1 The God
81: Dolphin64
81: tweed

Project M results:

1: CT/EMP | Mew2king (Fox/Falco/Sheik) - $160
2: Zhime (Zelda) - $80
3: Mango (Falco/Falcon/Jiggs) - $40
4: Chillin (Wolf/Fox) - $20
5: JCaesar (ROB) - $10
5: Vist (Luigi) - $10
7: Oksas (Falcon)
7: [Pepsi] Laijin (Sheik)
9: Sweet (Ivysaur)
9: Plank (Metaknight)
9: Omni (Lucario/Marth)
9: Vanguard (Lucario)
13: 9K (DDD)
13: Archangel (Pit)
13: SOJ (Ganon)
13: G-Reg (DDD)
17: Aho
17: Ruin (Ivysaur)
17: BMBZQDSoljer
17: Fonz (Ivysaur)
17: Count Kaiser (Ness/Metaknight)
17: marthmcglynn
17: Crescent Monkey (Falcon)
17: Jesse (Link)
25: Searing Arrow
25: Inside Story
25: Dolphin64
25: Green Ranger
25: Exdia (Lucas/Zelda)
25: hot$
25: Marth Dodge
25: dyebre
Help me out with character usage if you can please.

1: m2k/chillin (mew2king + chillindude)
1: J-Regulate (G-Reg + JCaesar)
3: Mango + Cactuar
4: Team Triforce (Zhime + Laijin)
5: Team Teamwork (Jesse + SOJ)
5: Oksas + Sweet
7: Beauty and the Beast (Antasma + Inside Story)
7: Din's fire (exdia + jsp)

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Mafia best EC peach? ;) Btw, this was a great tournament to watch from the stream. Great job Plank and the VGBootCamp team.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Man so sad I wasn't there. Everybody else from (ex)MD/VA including Crimson, Travis, dkuo was there. MI is bad, but they had a legit reason to not be here.

Good showing from all the College Park players!

Any chance of bracket and pool images?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Wasn't plank the one who stole everyones money back at that Brawl tourney a long time ago?
He used the prize money in addition to some of his own to pay for the Pound 5 venue because he overestimated how many people would attend and the hotel/room block was booked on a sliding scale or something (so like, the more rooms you fill, the cheaper the venue becomes). This tournament, he fronted the venue money himself so that wouldn't happen.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
had so much fun in the sun. shout outs to all i had the pleasure of meeting,playing. I will be definitely stepping my game up.
VG like always making sure they deliver good stuff out there, totally support you guys
JC good tourney glad you were there to watch my back(xD)
and to all who didnt get the results they wanted keep going to these events and try harder next time,feel the drive,and Meditate on the new things you learned.

#NJ2COOL
#SWEETS

Dakpo

Smash Lord
He used the prize money in addition to some of his own to pay for the Pound 5 venue because he overestimated how many people would attend and the hotel/room block was booked on a sliding scale or something (so like, the more rooms you fill, the cheaper the venue becomes). This tournament, he fronted the venue money himself so that wouldn't happen.
But the winners never got fully paid out?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'm happy with my placement. Was expecting much worse.

Had a great time commentating with EE. More to come later.

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
That Abate vs Cactuar set was intense. Are any of the sets going to be uploaded to youtube?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
playing on stream sux -.-

ggs all

zanguzen is the man

many others as well

thx for coming

p6 next summer....date suggestions? will probably use same venue or a slightly bigger building but still will be at the fairgrounds

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
playing on stream sux -.-

ggs all

zanguzen is the man

many others as well

thx for coming

p6 next summer....date suggestions? will probably use same venue or a slightly bigger building but still will be at the fairgrounds
Earlier in the summer is best for me as I will likely be moving to California sometime during the summer.

CTL17

Smash Lord
July4-July6. Lol maybe not a week before EVO. It is pretty important whether you want it before or after EVO, though.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This was a great event. Shout outs to come a bit later but yeah...pretty fun.

this is the first time Me and Mafia were at the same event and we didn't play at all. not even friendlies...weird.

@ Mafia....so are you saying that you came in like a wrecking ball?

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
the return of the king. congrats to u m2k

Varist

Smash Lord
the generous lord of smash mango throwing bones to everyone this tournament
isai levels of sandbag
ily mangoon

Abate

Smash Journeyman
Fun tournament! The venue had a lot of space and there were plenty of setups. Met a lot of awesome people and I look forward to see you all again soon!

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
This was my first large regional since I got back into the game, and I had a great time. It was really nice seeing people from way back when, and of course it was great meeting a bunch of new people as well. So many shoutouts to give:

Plank: Thank you so so much for hosting this and running a great show. From helping finding us housing to playing intense teams and singles matches against me, you made this awesome weekend possible, and I really appreciated it all. Looking forward to seeing you again hopefully soon man, and it was a pleasure meeting you in person.

Jerome: What a host. Can't thank you enough for the wonderful hospitality. You're a fun, chill dude, and hanging with you and the rest on Friday night brought me back to the good old days of traveling for smash. : P

VG Bootcamp crew: Many thanks to you as well. You all do such a great job making these tournaments more exciting, and your attention to detail and respect for the players is really admirable. The fact that you asked me for the spelling of my name was kind enough alone (I'm not used to that coming from old-school DA tournaments where they intentionally get your name wrong haha). See you at ROM!

Tantalus: Excellent TO'ing sir. Thanks for running things so well, and I'm happy to hear that it sounds like I'll be at least seeing you at APEX in a couple months.

Aho: Did not expect to see you but what a pleasant surprise! We're the sad proof that it's impossible to escape this game, but I'm glad I could share that burden with awesome people like you lol.

Mow: Freakin' ditto to the above. I still remember meeting you at GS2 for the first time and having a ton of great friendlies. Playing those friendlies against you yesterday brought back such good memories.

Bones: Dude it was a pleasure meeting you and playing all those friendlies with you - I really think they helped me out a lot for my bracket matches (my only 2 wins were against people who went a spacie + Marth against me lol). You ought to move to NJ haha because I think we would both really benefit from playing against each other more. Hope we get an opportunity to do this again soon.

TheCrimsonBlur: Talk about a pleasant surprise meeting you. I think it's really cool how you have such a familiarity with the community and metagame across several regions in the country. It would be great picking your brain and hearing more of your thoughts next time we happen to be at the same tournament. In the meantime, I'll just keep listening in on your commentary lol. Also, thanks for the fun friendlies.

Salt: Super chill guy - it was great talking to you about playstyles and the differences between old-school vs. new-school. Those were also really fun matches we had. I'd like to play you when you're even more inebriated and then when you're completely sober so that I can get a feel for the entire gamut of your style haha.

DoH: Great friendlies, sir. It was nice talking to you again after all these years, and I really appreciate the advice you gave me. I play against a Sheik almost every week, so I'm going to strive to implement your advice when I get the chance.

Chinesah: Still such a fun, nice guy after all these years haha. Glad we got a chance to play both in teams and singles. Great seeing you again, man.

Taki: Nice playing against you, dude. You seem like an awesome guy - hope to get to chill with you and the rest of the hilarious Pittsburgh crew next time.

Vist: That was a very fun match we had - congrats on doing so well in the tournament, and it was certainly nice meeting you.

Mafia: Wooo, congrats dude. I'm really happy you were able to come along and represent our state so well. Thanks for cheering me on in my matches as well haha. Your screams of excitement at me shooting lasers brought back great memories of DA cheering me on when I did the same to Team Ben 8 years ago lol.

Sensei: I blame your wooden collarbone for your performance (and for carrying me in teams haha). But yeah, really glad you came along for the ride man. Always great chilling with you - looking forward to more good times.

M2K: I always learn something new from hanging with you. Thanks for the in-game and out-of-game tips (like snagging a couch as soon as you come in so you can get your sleep haha). Congrats on the excellent weekend performance. Hope you had a good time all around.

Abate: Congrats on doing so well once again, dude. I was watching you do that awesome repeated nair-on-platform trick. It's crazy the stuff you do with Luigi haha. Hope we get a chance to play either at the next tournament we're at together or when you come back to Wayne.

G-reg: You're awesome lol. Way to wreck me on stream haha - even though I was the victim of that humiliation, I have to admit that was the perfect way for you to end it all lol. Happy I got a chance to play you 7 years later.

Voodoo: Wish we could have played more, but it was nice at least getting to play you in teams. Definitely hope to get in more friendlies next time we see each other.

Perry: Nice meeting you as well. We had a bunch of good friendlies, and I hope to see you at more tournaments going forward.

To anyone else I forgot, sorry! I'm still a bit sleep-deprived. But yeah, basically thanks to everyone for making this tournament so successful and enjoyable.

Till next time,
Zang

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
#m2knation

M2K got me sold again. Same reason I love LeBron James and Miami.
I just love seeing people be the best

M2k better win everything smash at apex. Unless tx wins something then never mind

Top Bottom