• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol DAM N YOU! hahahaha. Good eye good eye. but a quick edit fixes my Haiku problem. Thanks for the heads up =]

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Just a quick reminder I need about 30 more registrants by august 1st just to prove to the venue this is the real deal, so if you can at all please register!

Refunds are available if need be.

Also on August 1st registration goes up $2.50 for each game, continuing each month until registration cuts off!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
what happens if there arent 30 more regs b4 the 1st? Like will the venue ppl be indian givers? just curious
I'd have to try and get a loan from somewhere/someone til more people register to pay it off because i don't physically have the money to do it myself.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm not gonna pre-reg because I don't plan to enter Melee or Brawl here, but I could lend you some $ for the venue.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Sweet, i'll let you know if it comes to that Brett but I would rather just have people register. I know tons of people are sure they are coming (especially from md/va) but I also realize it's a long time away. The downpayment on the venue is just very very gay. =p

Once that's out of the way, everything will be good.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i'll just pre reg for both events, and then you can pay me back when tournament comes around

remind me to do it though, I will forget

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
mute city really banned?
well then, i'll have to go to....
THE KONGO JUNGLE

HAIKU TIME!!
I think

mute city is banned?
well then, i'll have to go to....
THE KONGO JUNGLE

Is the best fix.

But I think

mute city is banned?
i'll just have to counterpick
THE KONGO JUNGLE

has a nice ring to it.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Well, PR is keeping an eye on this thread to see how things go. After genesis PR got hyped again and Melee is reviving! THANK GOD Finally! Take that Brawl.

We are gonna start our pro-fund tournament so more people can go to this. If theres enough hype on this tournament I would gladly spend around $700+ again to go!!! (off to find a job..) We already started our training and research again so we can grab our metagame back! Camping FTW! (you know right Jman ;]) I know I didnt do bad at genesis but my braquet and pools was **** but on friendlies I know I caught the attention of players.

Hype!

PS We are trying to make LordHDL come to this. Hes coming back to the Melee scene in PR and we started our hard training seasons again. lol

*subscribes*

rhan

Smash Hero
Is he going to play Melee? I totally need to play his Link if he isn't out of practice.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
oh man lord hdl is old school
He is. Hes mad good at smash. ;P

We started our matchups discussion. We were discussing Peach matchups yesterday specially Falcon since my exp against those are kinda low...(right Hax and scar? lol) Hes retaking Link back as his full time main!

Genesis was indeed a Genesis for Melee. :psycho:

strawhats

Smash Master
Is HDL your best player in Puerto Rico, and i hope you guys come down in full force to Pound 4. Do you guys have any connections w/. the south american region, i hear those guys are pretty good. Lets hope the mexican twins go to Pound 4.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I'll do everything in my power to convince The Doug to show up to this.

And then Europe can come through again and have a little reunion ^_^

If people have the means, I highly suggest they register "immediately" so that this tourney doesn't hit any roadblocks...especially because there's a guaranteed(?) refund if things don't turn out alright for your plans...

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Is HDL your best player in Puerto Rico, and i hope you guys come down in full force to Pound 4. Do you guys have any connections w/. the south american region, i hear those guys are pretty good. Lets hope the mexican twins go to Pound 4.
He used to be the best around here until some people caught up to him. 2006-07 was our peak at competitive Melee. After that everyone started quitting and **** so Melee communtity slowly got smaller. I guess hes still the bets if he comes back the melee and we would love to go full force over there!

We are trying to start all over again and prepare for our next big tournament, Pound 4 maybe? If pound looks like a big enough tournament worth our spend (by the looks right now, it is!) we would gladly gather and go over there!

My last year on college so I hope I can get some intense hardcore training with the PR crew! I expect good **** from this tournament like it was Genesis. Get hype! :)

EDIT: I was basically the only one representing PR in Melee. Excel_Zero quit Melee to focus on brawl because he got affected really bad. /johns lol

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
so my first post in this thread

im winning this ****ing tourney both singles and doubles

im going to hold on to my controller like it was a new born baby so no1 can get there hands on it

and this post is not me being cocky its just i have to show every1 how good i am cause some1 stole my controller and i played like **** at genesis

i still dont under stand how people can rate me at genesis when i played with a controller i never used be4

i placed ****ing 13th with a controller i never u be4 give me a ****ing brake

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Thats what the **** I'm talking about Jesus. Show all these people what you're made of. I know for a fact you can win this and you definitely could've won Genesis if it weren't for the controller incident. I'm hear to train you in whatever if you need it. Just look for me when you're gonna have a tourney match so I can give you ongoing support and advice. You and M2K are taking doubles and ya both gonna be in singles Grand Finals too. So Jesus, do your thing and don't give a **** in what anyone says against you. You got this.

I'm also striving to win this tournament, especially for doubles. I kicked *** in teams at Pound 3 getting 13th with Alukard (a person whom I never teamed with before at the time), imagine now. East Coast all day!!!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Good **** J and DJ. Can't wait to see you guys tere =] I want to do a trick with DJ's Bowser plushie. Maybe make it dissapear!!! Hahahaha

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Well, PR is keeping an eye on this thread to see how things go. After genesis PR got hyped again and Melee is reviving! THANK GOD Finally! Take that Brawl. \
You're an idiot. Did it ever occur to you that Brawl players are GLAD that Melee is being revived? I'm a Brawl player. I do not play Melee competitively anymore, and yet it makes me extremely glad that Melee is hype again. Is this concept too hard for you grasp. Hop off the **** for a second, jeez.

Oh, and for all of you thinking that I'm riding Brawl's ****, you're dumb. Brawl players that say ignorant **** like, "Melee is dead" are dumb as hell too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom