• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
@JFox: Gears are in motion, but I have no one good to practice against. My progress is stagnant.

This has been discussed heavily. I don't sandbag. I often just don't care about placing in tournament, so I play very aggressive and choose to ignore better options. People who beat me playing like that still get a lot of respect from me. I don't make excuses about losing unless I'm sick or something.

Friendlies is a different story. I scale how hard I'm playing so that my opponent actually learns from playing me. People don't learn as well when it's completely one sided.
cactuar i would like to play you this week!!! whenever just not thursday. then if you get me as good as you you can have someone good to play against. lol

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
@JFox: Gears are in motion, but I have no one good to practice against. My progress is stagnant.
No sleep this weekend. We're taking top 2 at every tournament from now on. :laugh:
Btw, I think we're getting to your house thursday evening.

KageMurphy

Smash Master

This has been discussed heavily. I don't sandbag. I often just don't care about placing in tournament, so I play very aggressive and choose to ignore better options. People who beat me playing like that still get a lot of respect from me. I don't make excuses about losing unless I'm sick or something.

Friendlies is a different story. I scale how hard I'm playing so that my opponent actually learns from playing me. People don't learn as well when it's completely one sided.
This was an unexpected reply but one that seems legit, thanks for clearing that up guy.

Edit: So why do you enter?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Just..... No.

Also Cactuar can we play a lot at this?

We haven't gotten the chance to play like a decent amount of time in well... ever.
uhh, right now, yeah. Not only would he be rusty as hell, but I know the marth matchup well enough that I think I could take him in his current state.

Come to pound 4, ken. We'll see what's up. PROVE ME WRONG

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
there will be no splitting cuz payments are going to paypal

there will be no trophies because this isn't rec league basketball

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
cactuar i would like to play you this week!!! whenever just not thursday. then if you get me as good as you you can have someone good to play against. lol
Well I have class mon-wed. We could play in the game room from like noon till 6 on tuesday.

No sleep this weekend. We're taking top 2 at every tournament from now on. :laugh:
Btw, I think we're getting to your house thursday evening.
Sounds good.

Cactuar actually sucks at this game and isnt good.

<3'

(But srsly I'd like to see cactuar **** some faces at rom)
Lol. I'm okay.

This was an unexpected reply but one that seems legit, thanks for clearing that up guy.

Edit: So why do you enter?
Because I like putting myself out there as a challenge to other people. I hated it when other top players stopped playing because it meant that challenge wasn't there for me anymore. I want to give players the chance to beat me, even if its not me playing super serious.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Irish Mafia Ken would beat you.

But of course, u can dream as much as u want ;)

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
there will be no splitting cuz payments are going to paypal

there will be no trophies because this isn't rec league basketball
LOL

Too good!

So, i have to talk to new england figure out exactly how were getting here, etc. But super pumped for this. Going to try to get my hands on a good camera to record some footage for a promotional video i want to get made (if thats cool plank)

I can also provide live stream / recording equipment / take care of a live stream if you allow it, unsure whether i will actually enter events or not.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm going to try to make it out of the first round of pools at this tournament. I've learned how to actually combo now OMG.

Edit: Can the brawl+ info be added into the first post?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I scale how hard I'm playing so that my opponent actually learns from playing me.
For anyone who hasn't played Cactuar and has preconceived notions of any supposed douchebaggery on his part, this is mad accurate. What a swell guy :)

For the sake of Smash doing well, I hope there's good international rep for Brawl [though there really aren't as many people at the "pro" level given it's such a new game still so I don't imagine there would be too many people interested in the trip...relative to Melee I mean]

Also @ Plank - bout to send you a PM...serious talk here :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
sounds good toastizzle. i wouldnt count on a very clear-minded response now, but i will do by best ROFL

JFox

Smash Hero
You realize mm'ing someone who will never see your post is like barking in the dark right?

I $1000 dollar money match ken in super smash bros. melee

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I have class mon-wed. We could play in the game room from like noon till 6 on tuesday.

Sounds good.

Lol. I'm okay.

Because I like putting myself out there as a challenge to other people. I hated it when other top players stopped playing because it meant that challenge wasn't there for me anymore. I want to give players the chance to beat me, even if its not me playing super serious.
As expected from a fellow Warrior =)

Eggm

Smash Hero

PB&J

Smash Hero
no they arent..only like 3 seconds of it got converted wrong..im sure of it..its not speed up, but maybe you guys are joking.idk

they also have another player called perf who is to me there best player over there

Foxy

Smash Master
it's deff not sped up, but every now and then it gets jumpy and speeds up for a moment (it's obvious)

i can do the same fox stuff, that's definitely how fast it is.

btw awesome entertaining players, i love flashy foxes. =D

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Great technical fox. I have to agree and say it looks sped up. The first 30 seconds of the first video...just a tiny bit faster than what seems normal.

Where are these players from?

bigman40

Smash Master
I want to go to this, but I don't know if I'll be able to make reservations until possibly mid November (at the latest). I don't want to get shut out from pre-registration :(

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
That fox is absurdly technical And in a good way not useless stuff like silent wolf does(wall kick laser regrabs off the wall and stuff...). ;p I"m jealous.
If anything he does more useless stuff. Uthrow shine (whiff) uair? He's mad technical, but I don't think its going to translate into being legit in tourny. Still cool to watch though.

PB&J

Smash Hero
those were friendlies..just saying..some times i try to shine dair in friendlies or jump off the stage dair then shine gimp..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom