• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, this is pretty much the exact reason i'm NOT gonna do the pools of 4, just because I don't want people to feel jipped out of their tourney money.

I also am kinda still on the fence about letting people pay $10 and just pay friendlies. We will see what I end up doing with that. :D
This^

I'm not really in favor of letting the people that aren't even entering the tournament take up very many TVs to play friendlies. It just makes the tournament run longer for those of us that actually are paying the extra money to enter.

If I had it my way I'd probably reward the ones entering by upping the price of the venue fee for the people not entering to $20 or so, add that $10 extra from each person to the pot, and then lowering the entry fee to give people another incentive to enter. It really depends on how many people you expect to enter or just watch.

And I'm bringing my Wii... and chain fence to put around it, lol.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
And I'm bringing my Wii... and chain fence to put around it, lol.
^this

Theft has always been a big issue at larger tourneys. So what means can we come up with to make sure no ones stuff gets stolen? I'll most likely be bringing my cube and copy, but after I load it up I'm thinking removing the memory card would be the safest way to protect that (because those are so easily stolen).

Or are you just going to get a thing of duct tape and sharpie to label everything lol?

pockyD

Smash Legend
only let staffers set up // remove setups

and yes taking out your memory card is a must-do, there's absolutely zero reason to leave it in

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah I will DEFINITELY impliment something to reduce theft.

I just don't want people taking up venue and space and everything and playing tons of friendlies/possibly slowing tourney for only $10. We will see, it will just be ****ty for hordes and hordes of people to come without entering, though i doubt it'll be that many

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Yeah I will DEFINITELY impliment something to reduce theft.

I just don't want people taking up venue and space and everything and playing tons of friendlies/possibly slowing tourney for only $10. We will see, it will just be ****ty for hordes and hordes of people to come without entering, though i doubt it'll be that many
Get Eggm and some other big tough smashers to be security lol

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Juan I'll take your Fox.

White Mike, if I can convince the right people, you'll be facing the Brown Power crew sonnn...

key word: convince >_> [where you at Chillin, JihadIt, Spam??? oh and ndn if there's no one else]
Dayuuum sounds stacked and brown...sounds good though, like a brolic brownie.

Tink

Smash Hero
hunnnggrrryyy.....ill take a 5$ mm vs all those chars with all my chars....falco/falcon/marth/doc

Lovage

Smash Hero
i hope this tournament actually sets up pools before hand and ****, not like genesis where they had to scrap online registration halfway thru and it became hella confusing

Alukard

Smash Hero
i agree lovage ... but this time i think me swift azn lep would like to skip that death pool lol

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I'm only doing dollar MMs

but i'm doing that multiple times

i don't like directly taking too much of some one's money

nor do i like losing too much money...lol

but yeah, $1 MM's with everyone all around

nes Noob
toasty
tink
unknown
europhoria

time for my other chars to shine, lol

not just fox and falco

Lobos

Smash Master
i hope this tournament actually sets up pools before hand and ****, not like genesis where they had to scrap online registration halfway thru and it became hella confusing
One of reasons why plank is doing online registration with full payment.

tw1n

Smash Champion
mm's so pointless..they should be called pride matches
Lol only one problem with me here. The only pride I have left for the smash community is in my magic tricks and my MMA... My smash skills are relatively poor so there's 0 pride there. With this in mind I find it easier just to throw out some random fun $1 MM's with people I know are cool and laid back =] hence anyone from Florida hahaha

$1 MM PB&J??? Against your fox =]

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Get Eggm and some other big tough smashers to be security lol
OH OH OH SHOTGUN!!!

Lol ask my brother and I to watch for some of that stuff. I will drop anyone in the venue that tries to steal lol. Odds are I wont make it out of pools so I'll have the time to watch for it XP

Hey PB&J, I'll do a quarter MM against you. 25 cents to the winner :D

PB&J

Smash Hero
1 dollar is not any big money at a international tourny. people just want to beat the person in a money match and brag about it later and i watched people **** people in tourny and get 3 stocked by the same person in a mm..most of the reason is its a different motivation and i think people will try more in tourny anyway then a mm

plus i dont gamble and thats all it is so..thats the main reason i dont money match

i want even do it for a penny

zgetto- bring armsah please..talk some sense into him

west coast- all u guys need to come

east coast- ill see u there

the south-ill see u there..lol

midwest- see u there

midsouth- see u there

pr-see ut here..cant wait

dr- see u there cant wait

venezuela- see u there

mexico- plEASE COME..EVERYBODY

CHILE- PLEASE COME ...EVERYBODY

PB&J- PLEASE WIN..

CHU DAT- **** THIS TOURNY

AZEN- **** THIS TOURNY

LEGENDARY PLAYER- **** THIS TOURNY..LOL

NANA- YOUR TOO GOOD

THE SHINE- SHINE SPIKE EVERYBODY AT THE TOURNY

THE LASER- MAKE PEOPLE SHIELD MORE

PLAINK- YOUR THE MAN

THESE ARE THE DOMINICANS- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5MRNSL_AU4

COLBOL- IS THE SMOOTHEST FOX ALIVE..LOOK DOWN

Twin_A

Smash Champion
PBnJ is going to win this tourney we all know it. I'm just going so I can fight for second place :p

Haha everyone should be going to this tourney with the intent to win it (and have fun). It helps win that part of the mental game., If you go in thinking you're going to lose, then you will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom