• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i dont even kno where im housing for this. i might need to share a hotel room with ppl. is there gonna be one giant hotel where everyone is at like genesis? that was so cool

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yep chibo i got a hotel deal at these 2 really nice marriot hotels next to each other o:

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
woooord play some sick jamz! you got a setup?
I used to have one but I had to leave it at my old college in Pennsylvania. So I definitely gotta save up money and buy another one. Although me playing tunes for everyone, I won't be able to win money matches with WarriorKnight doing double Bowser and me & Green Mario doing double Mario lol.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol so much love and hate for my bro. Although he has 3 times the posts I do in here... hahaha

DJN. Do you post any of your mixes or samples of your work online?

Oh and to make this post "relevant" for Pound 4...
I'm hoping to see maybe someone will do a killer awesome 1337 uber kewl cawmbo and completely annihilate his opponent while going over 9000!!!! and making everyone watching blow their minds out due to sheer greatness... probably Shiz.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol dang it. I forgot people are all over complaining about complementing other players skill.

I can't pull off even a small fraction of what they can. So I'm not gonna say prolly me. So I thought of someone I met at Genesis who's combos left me in shock and awe... low and behold Shiz. Jeez lol. Sorry to anyone who might get upset by someone besides them getting complimented.

/major dickriding to any pro who is too dam* sexy and good at this game

"legitimacy" time.
Oh ya I finally registered lol. Finally got the money =]

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Lol dang it. I forgot people are all over complaining about complementing other players skill.

I can't pull off even a small fraction of what they can. So I'm not gonna say prolly me. So I thought of someone I met at Genesis who's combos left me in shock and awe... low and behold Shiz. Jeez lol. Sorry to anyone who might get upset by someone besides them getting complimented.

/major dickriding to any pro who is too dam* sexy and good at this game

"legitimacy" time.
Oh ya I finally registered lol. Finally got the money =]
lol what I was agreeing with you! that one phrase made your post great.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I know. I was just commenting on people who call other dickriders lol. I see how I should have phrased it better... all well. Too late now right.

<3 toasty

lol great. More dickriding... hmm....

Oh and thanks :D

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Where are my MM's???
I need at least like 20 to make this trip even remotely worth while, I can't just settle for first place. :p

Don't post them here because I will NOT read/accept them.

If you wana MM lemee know through PM!!!

This thread is tooo active for me to check back every page looking.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Also::

Attention to those with interest of entering both events!!!

If you enter both events I will pay you back $20 at the venue, just come and remind me!

Because the venue fee is included in entry, there is no need to pay it twice if you're joining both events!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
also whoever registered as maxedchic

ur payment went to my paypal but it says its "verifying"

what sort of payment method did you use...whoever you are XD

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
How will bracket seeding be chosen? Will it be based on pool records? Or will they be fixed so that the popular players won't have to fight each other.

I'm not attending the latter.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
first round of pools are seeded ahead of time, and will be posted online so we make sure they are perfect.

next rounds of pools plus brackets are ALL seeded by the previous rounds. if people know anything about me it's that I make sure the brackets are fair to the seeding which created them.

i'm not going to move chudat out of one pool and give him an easier pool because he went pikachu in pools round 2 and lost to anther in pikachu dittos. if someone gets a 2 seed, theyre getting placed in a 2 seed spot... the pools are made multiple rounds for a reason XD

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
first round of pools are seeded ahead of time, and will be posted online so we make sure they are perfect.

next rounds of pools plus brackets are ALL seeded by the previous rounds. if people know anything about me it's that I make sure the brackets are fair to the seeding which created them.

i'm not going to move chudat out of one pool and give him an easier pool because he went pikachu in pools round 2 and lost to anther in pikachu dittos. if someone gets a 2 seed, theyre getting placed in a 2 seed spot... the pools are made multiple rounds for a reason XD
Too cool. I'm only asking because I heard bad things from friends about Genesis.

I'll most likely be going.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Haha that's silly. Pound 4 had some crazy pools because people didnt take them seriously, thats why I may make pools smaller. More incentive for people to try

rhan

Smash Hero
Since we're on the topic: what is your ideal pool size, Plank? And how many will make it out from that?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I already posted that I would prefer pools of 4 with top 2 making it out, rather than pools of 8 with top 4 making it out. It's way faster this way and people are forced to take pools seriously rather than ****ing around because they know they'll make it out anyway. Some people don't like this cuz they feel they wont get enough matches, so they want more people even though it will make the tourney run way longer and have way less time for friendlies/other events.

This being said i'm not positive what we are doing yet, will depend on # of entrants and setups and such.

pockyD

Smash Legend
pools of 4 are too small and pretty much force you to accurately seed literally half of the entrants

taking 3/6 sounds like the best to me

Handorin

Smash Hero
What's the difference in seeding half and seeding half?

(3 of 6 rather than 2 of 4)

pockyD

Smash Legend
you don't need to seed everyone that you would expect to make it out of pools

but if only top 2 make it out, your pools need to be more accurate than top 3

plus letting half of your entrants, many who pay hundreds of dollars and travel thousands of miles only get 3 matches for sure and in many cases, be predestined to not get more is really unappetizing

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I already posted that I would prefer pools of 4 with top 2 making it out, rather than pools of 8 with top 4 making it out. It's way faster this way and people are forced to take pools seriously rather than ****ing around because they know they'll make it out anyway. Some people don't like this cuz they feel they wont get enough matches, so they want more people even though it will make the tourney run way longer and have way less time for friendlies/other events.

This being said i'm not positive what we are doing yet, will depend on # of entrants and setups and such.
this sounds legit

Handorin

Smash Hero
The larger the pool gets, the more time it takes.

Which means you get less time for friendles.

And more time for friendlies means more matches.

pockyD

Smash Legend
friendlies aren't real matches

why not just have plank choose the best 48 players and make them play a bracket, and everyone else can treat it as a smashfest

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
you don't need to seed everyone that you would expect to make it out of pools

but if only top 2 make it out, your pools need to be more accurate than top 3

plus letting half of your entrants, many who pay hundreds of dollars and travel thousands of miles only get 3 matches for sure and in many cases, be predestined to not get more is really unappetizing
Yeah that's understandable, hopefully I can have enough melee setups on the first day to be able to have 2 tvs per pool on round 1. Rounds 2 and 3 that shouldn't be an issue. I'll probably do pools of 6 or so as Pocky said, just to make a happy median for everyone.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
That's not what I'm trying to say Pocky. I know people enter the tournament because they want to get the most out of their tournament experience. I just don't want to Genesis it where people get no friendlies in ever. lol

stelzig

Smash Lord
The larger the pool gets, the more time it takes.

Which means you get less time for friendles.

And more time for friendlies means more matches.
If i'd rather play friendlies than tourney matches then i wouldn't be paying to play in the tournament in the first place, but just settle with a spectator pass.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
If i'd rather play friendlies than tourney matches then i wouldn't be paying to play in the tournament in the first place, but just settle with a spectator pass.
Yeah, this is pretty much the exact reason i'm NOT gonna do the pools of 4, just because I don't want people to feel jipped out of their tourney money.

I also am kinda still on the fence about letting people pay $10 and just pay friendlies. We will see what I end up doing with that. :D

pockyD

Smash Legend
That's not what I'm trying to say Pocky. I know people enter the tournament because they want to get the most out of their tournament experience. I just don't want to Genesis it where people get no friendlies in ever. lol
1) genesis just didn't have enough TVs
2) I got a lot of friendlies in at genesis, people are just complaining that it wasn't 2 people per TV

and anyway, that was addressed at the guy who said less time spent playing tournament matches = more friendlies = more "matches"

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, i hear you. Hopefully with the sheer volume of TVs, it won't be an issue at all, especially with all the pre-planning.

As long as people bring cubes/wiis, everything will be perfect o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom