• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potentially Leaked Footage of New Mii Costumes Surfaces

Leaks have been running rampant for Pokémon Sword and Shield but for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, it’s been pretty quiet. November 1st and 3rd, two big dates for Terry, have gone and past without much information. November 1st was important as a new Spirit Event was announced which featured SNK in the sponsors. November 3rd was when 7-11 in Japan was going to change their prepaid card ads. It’s important to note that Hero and Banjo & Kazooie were given this ad treatment a few days before their reveal and release. However, recent footage has come to the forefront. Please keep in mind that this supposed leak isn't confirmed and could be fake.

97CCA9B8-5312-4864-8297-101A6BBC4CF0.jpeg

Beware: Potential spoilers from this point on…

Please note that the Youtube channel “Violet” is not responsible for this potential leak but merely uploaded the circulating video onto their account.

Recent footage has shown two Mii Fighter helmet outfits which seem pretty believable. The most remarkable thing about these two helmet gear is that they belong to two properties largely left unrepresented in Smash. These two series both have a potential newcomer that have been generating quite a buzz for some time now.

Mallow

4DE04C3C-CE68-4136-ADCD-07C970E93353.gif
Mallow is one of the party characters from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. He uses a large variety of magic such as lightning and rain spells and even cymbals in battle. If this footage is real, he’d make the transition into the Mii Fighter costume. This begs the question: will Geno finally join the Smash roster as DLC? It is important to note that Geno and Mallow are Spirits in Ultimate.

Cacodemon

4FB76B83-6311-4A3A-9CE4-A0D8380EE81C.jpeg

The Cacodemon is a recurring enemy from the long-running and critically acclaimed series Doom. It’s basically a floating ball of flesh and evil. This is pretty startling considering many think Doom’s rather violent and gruesome nature doesn’t fit into Smash. I actually like how this head gear looks. More importantly, this possibly bodes well for Doomslayer as a possible DLC newcomer.

While these videos look authentic, please take them with a grain of salt. We have yet to see Terry in action so the timing seems strange to see Mallow and Cacodemon outfits. In addition, there have been some indications in the modding community on how hard it is to mod Mii Costumes in Ultimate.

3B5E00F6-A209-4A5B-B05A-31BF4A087B52.jpeg

There has been some developments in finding out if these are real or not with some individuals saying they know who claimed responsibility. If you wish to read more into this, please visit the Ultimate Social Thread and/or the Newcomer Speculation Thread. While it’s been a few days, the leak has yet to be 100% disproven. However, Terry’s reveal trailer announcement took some attention away from this potential leak. We don’t know whether they’re true or not but it’s fun to watch these videos and think about what Geno and Doomslayer could bring.

5F0C4089-B0E5-4D3D-9967-0CCC57716EEB.jpeg

Pictures sourced from Reddit
730A794C-417A-423A-8F65-04C3478639C9.gif

Picture by Sogoanda

Author’s Note: Do you these videos are legit or are they fake? Do you think Geno and Doomslayer are destined to be playable in Smash? Let us know below!

Last edited:
Venus of the Desert Bloom

Comments

Glad you made this article... didn't think you guys liked to promote this type of thing though.

A problem with this being a fighter leak is, if they are already finished, they're probably dropping with the Terry update meaning...not fighter related.

I know they haven’t done this with ANY DLC character in Smash, but I would love me some Doom Assist Trophies.
Revenant, Mancubus, Baron of Hell, Arch-Vile. Heck... Cyberdemon!

And of course the Doomguy himself would be amazing to me. I genuinely didn’t expect for Doomguy support would turn legit, and pretty common. I felt no different than Cloud supporters in Brawl, at the beginning of Ultimate speculation. But rules have been bent and broken, and Bethesda’s Nintendo support has been undeniable.
I can’t believe Doom is a serious contender to be a playable character.

Last edited:
D
Doubt it's anything. But dang man Geno... Really want him in. Doomslayer as well.

Still cool whoever made it!

A problem with this being a fighter leak is, if they are already finished, they're probably dropping with the Terry update meaning...not fighter related.
Mallow's Mii Costume was leaked before Banjo released.
I'd be more inclined to believe it wasn't character related if they weren't SECONDARY characters.
With the lone exception of Sans, Smash has not had a costume from a company without a playable character.

Mallow's Mii Costume was leaked before Banjo released.
I'd be more inclined to believe it wasn't character related if they weren't SECONDARY characters.
With the lone exception of Sans, Smash has not had a costume from a company without a playable character.
Were there pictures? Because having something on the list of things to do does not mean it was done. If this is real, then they look done and ready to "ship" which would support them coming tomorrow.

Since when did a recurring enemy constitute secondary character? Do you mean, not main characters? Technically, Geno isn't even a main character if Mallow isn't. It's also possible that there is a Doom Slayer Mii outfit that just wasn't shown in the leak.

One time is all it takes by the way, and we've had more from non-fighter franchises. Like Monster Hunter (yes, still Capcom, I know) or that Ninja dude with the pipe whose name escapes me (Konami I think). Either way, this hardly means, yep, we're getting fighters. Especially Mallow.

This seems like jumping to conclusions to me. Mii costumes really don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. There's no reason to instantly assume that this means fighters.

Were there pictures? Because having something on the list of things to do does not mean it was done. If this is real, then they look done and ready to "ship" which would support them coming tomorrow.

Since when did a recurring enemy constitute secondary character? Do you mean, not main characters? Technically, Geno isn't even a main character if Mallow isn't. It's also possible that there is a Doom Slayer Mii outfit that just wasn't shown in the leak.

One time is all it takes by the way, and we've had more from non-fighter franchises. Like Monster Hunter (yes, still Capcom, I know) or that Ninja dude with the pipe whose name escapes me (Konami I think). Either way, this hardly means, yep, we're getting fighters. Especially Mallow.

This seems like jumping to conclusions to me. Mii costumes really don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. There's no reason to instantly assume that this means fighters.
Goemon. He's from Konami. Konami has Snake, Simon, and Richter.
Cacodemon is Bethesda, who has NO playable characters, so you can infer that this confirms a Bethesda character if real, 99% likely Doom Slayer.

While you're right that Geno is pretty much in the same position as Mallow regarding "secondary" or "minor" or whatever you want to call it, Geno is clearly the more popular choice.

It does reason that this could mean nothing regarding Geno/Doomslayer, but I tend to agree. Why would you put characters from a franchise that are lesser in popularity if you're not going to include the more popular choices too.

Again, it could mean nothing. Doomslayer and Geno could be costumes as well. We just don't know. But Ben Holt's logic is sound.

Goemon. He's from Konami. Konami has Snake, Simon, and Richter.
Cacodemon is Bethesda, who has NO playable characters, so you can infer that this confirms a Bethesda character if real, 99% likely Doom Slayer.
I know it's not gonna happen, but I'd love the reactions if miraculously a surprise Bethesda character happened like a Fallout protag on the Dragon Born.

i really hope it's not Geno..sorry his popularity is just not well deserved since it is really just the nostalgia why people want him, (he wasn't even a very major character from what i read about the game he was in..if i am wrong then sorry ^^'') even Steve would be a better choice then Geno and i don't even want Steve...
and tbh for now i think we have enough Mario related characters anyway,
but even so most characters people want, made multiple appearances or had very major roles in the games they appeared,
that is why Geno to me is just..underwhelming and any other characters have earned that spot more then Geno.
though Doomslayer wouldn't be a silly choice not that i am into the game or the character but if i think about his role and game..then yeah he makes sense lol

i really hope it's not Geno..sorry his popularity is just not well deserved since it is really just the nostalgia why people want him, (he wasn't even a very major character from what i read about the game he was in..if i am wrong then sorry ^^'') even Steve would be a better choice then Geno and i don't even want Steve...
and tbh for now i think we have enough Mario related characters anyway,
but even so most characters people want, made multiple appearances or had very major roles in the games they appeared,
that is why Geno to me is just..underwhelming and any other characters have earned that spot more then Geno.
though Doomslayer wouldn't be a silly choice not that i am into the game or the character but if i think about his role and game..then yeah he makes sense lol
Before I rebuttal, I'll confess that I am a Geno fan who wants to see him in, and thus my response may be painted with that bias. For one, Geno was pretty major to Super Mario RPG, being a party member and one of the key reasons the story even happens. Now I will agree a lot of the fans wanting him want him for nostalgia reasons, but it's a little more nuanced than that. SMRPG was a great Mario RPG collab between Square Enix and Nintendo, and pretty much the grandfather of every other Mario RPG (Paper Mario, the Mario and Luigi saga series). It had charming art and in terms of gameplay we've debatably never seen Mario do any other thing like it (I say debatably since Paper Mario comes really close.). Geno's status is that of a character who fits right into the Mario world, and in a different timeline could have easily been in Mario karts, sports games, parties, even Smash, if not for the fact that after SMRPG, Square Enix retained the rights to all original characters from that game and no other cross-overs came from that, basically making Geno like K. Rool and Rare's situation in the 90s only Square Enix actually did own Geno and kept him under locks. If Geno had had some more appearances then he definitely could be compared to K. Rool's legacy. That's the primary reason SMRPG fans want Geno, on top of the fact that he's a arm gun mounted Pinocchio celestial CIA agent. Now tell me that insane description doesn't belong in Smash compared to what's already here.

Ideally, Smash would mark Geno's inclusion in future Nintendo works, building his popularity and creating a legacy he hasn't really had but many argued he should have, but at worst it would still be a good send-off to a character that a lot of Mario fans feel got shafted if he never showed up in anything ever again.

If Geno's exposure only grew after a hypothetical Smash roster pick, he would stand as an interesting cross over character in that he could shine best as a cross over character for both Nintendo and Squenix properties. As I said a lot of Mario fans would love Geno to be in Mario Kart, sports, parties, etc., but imagine Geno appearing as a secret boss in Kingdom Hearts 4, or as a character armor and costume in Dragon Quest 12, or the star gun being a weapon in the next Final Fantasy. The possibilities are nigh endless.

While you're right that Geno is pretty much in the same position as Mallow regarding "secondary" or "minor" or whatever you want to call it, Geno is clearly the more popular choice.

It does reason that this could mean nothing regarding Geno/Doomslayer, but I tend to agree. Why would you put characters from a franchise that are lesser in popularity if you're not going to include the more popular choices too.

Again, it could mean nothing. Doomslayer and Geno could be costumes as well. We just don't know. But Ben Holt's logic is sound.
The logic is still a jump. Going off what we have, especially after Sans, this means little on its own, especially with presumably several Mii costumes coming later today. We shall see, but I need more evidence.

The logic is still a jump. Going off what we have, especially after Sans, this means little on its own, especially with presumably several Mii costumes coming later today. We shall see, but I need more evidence.
But again, Sans is easily the most recognizable character in Undertale. I never even heard of the game but I knew who Sans was. The logic makes sense, and frankly, any speculation is typically a jump.

But again, Sans is easily the most recognizable character in Undertale. I never even heard of the game but I knew who Sans was. The logic makes sense, and frankly, any speculation is typically a jump.
Like I said, we shall see, but I think people are jumping the gun. Especially on account that just because these are the only two shown, it doesn't mean they're the only ones made. Really, people need to calm down.

Edit: Okay, so they didn't drop today, but I'm definitely not convinced Mallow will mean Geno as a fighter.

Last edited:
Like I said, we shall see, but I think people are jumping the gun. Especially on account that just because these are the only two shown, it doesn't mean they're the only ones made. Really, people need to calm down.

Edit: Okay, so they didn't drop today, but I'm definitely not convinced Mallow will mean Geno as a fighter.
Oh people are absolutely jumping the gun, as they always do.

I agree a Mallow costume doesn’t mean a playable Geno, but a Mallow costume without a Geno costume would be extremely curious.

I hope these are real and actually mean these characters are in. They both feel like they fully belong in the game as parts of video game and Nintendo history. I still love playing Doom 2 and Super Mario RPG.

I could also unfortunately see these getting in and being unrelated to the characters appearing, at least especially in the form of Mallow. The Geno mii costume returning but now with a Mallow hat too is an unfortunately full possibility. In the instance of these being real, Doomguy is probably in. I've said before but I just hope he gets an appearance inspired by his classic look or Quake 3. Never really loved the praetor suit. Holding out hope for both of these great characters while I can.

Oh people are absolutely jumping the gun, as they always do.

I agree a Mallow costume doesn’t mean a playable Geno, but a Mallow costume without a Geno costume would be extremely curious.
Well, we've already had a Geno costume, so it may have not gotten any new development and thus went unnoticed.

As for Doom, if it is in, I hope it's in wave 2 so I don't have to get it since I've already bought pack one. I really don't like Doom.

User was warned for this post
God dammit, there's another thing that the geno kids will obsess over for the next two months. I desperately want a leaker or a sora/nintendo employee to come out and say that he's not gonna get in smash (because he isn't) so that these idiots will shut up for good.

Edit: Welcome to Smashboards, where having an opinion that differs from a moderator can get you banned. Shoutout to Cyndane.

Last edited:
God dammit, there's another thing that the geno kids will obsess over for the next two months. I desperately want a leaker or a sora/nintendo employee to come out and say that he's not gonna get in smash (because he isn't) so that these idiots will shut up for good.
Any video game character can get in Smash boi.

And it's more like Geno manchildren.

Last edited:
I'm iffy about alot of these alleged leaks. Doomslayer isn't exactly a character loaded with personality, and Geno isn't a very important character in the Mario Universe. He's a relative nobody, even compared to Waluigi, and I sincerely do not understand why people love and push his inclusion like they do.

He was fine in the game he was in, but he was the least interesting actual character and went through no real development, Mallow at least had an arc.

Geno isn't a very important character in the Mario Universe. He's a relative nobody, even compared to Waluigi, and I sincerely do not understand why people love and push his inclusion like they do.
It's pretty much because he looks cool and has a great moveset. People love mystique as well.

I mean, he did save the Mushroom Kingdom, and then real-life issues got in the way.

I'm iffy about alot of these alleged leaks. Doomslayer isn't exactly a character loaded with personality, and Geno isn't a very important character in the Mario Universe. He's a relative nobody, even compared to Waluigi, and I sincerely do not understand why people love and push his inclusion like they do.

He was fine in the game he was in, but he was the least interesting actual character and went through no real development, Mallow at least had an arc.
Bandwagon mentality. If enough people say something loud enough, people are going to start convincing themselves that they want that too.

Top Bottom