• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Potential Wayne/Westland Weeklies/Biweeklies?

Level One

Smash Rookie
TL;DR Tinkham Adult Ed needs more funding so I could probably convince them to let us use it as a venue what ya'll think

Yo so I wanna get straight to the point since this plan isn't very far into action and I just wanted some early opinions, advice, and I'm just generally new to this sort of thing lol

I almost never see smash activity in east michigan (unless I truly am lost) and driving an hour+ out into west michigan for maybe a day of smash if you're lucky? Kinda sucks. So, I wanted to try to knock down a few problems in one go, and potentially get a nice venue going for smash events.

There's a nifty little place called Tinkham and the major point of it is to offer up an alternative education to those who had to drop out of high school for whatever emergency reasons. Classes there are holding up as well as the program, but as far as I know are lacking funding and I've been working closely with some teachers for the time being about it.

I thought about how ridiculously easy it would be to convince staff to let us use the building when it's off-schedule for tourneys and weeklies, with tourneys obviously having their fees that could contribute to the program (still with prize pools if there's an entry fee for that, obviously) and I could present it as a cool lil' fundraiser of sorts.
So if there's a somewhat lowkey tourney happening in east michigan, who's in? And would anyone be down to show for weeklies/biweeklies if it's more nearby or somethin'?

Also of note, PM's just my piece, if there's enough demand for other games or if you just want to bring a setup and play friendlies on it I certainly wouldn't stop ya and could switch it up from time to time or permanently add it in. There's a lot of room.

They'd likely be held in the cafeteria which is damn spectacular since in terms of setups we'd literally only need the systems/tv's and I could easily handle the rest along with a few setups of my own.

Lastly, advice on TO'ing would be nifty. I'd very much like this to work but it'll obviously crumble if I mess something up about it real bad (if it even does garner enough attention)

I'll try to pay attention to this thanks for readin'.

-Sylveon

Last edited:

Level One

Smash Rookie
Decided I'm gonna give it a go after talking over it with others for a few days, it's got enough potential for me to at least see where I can take it.

Top Bottom