• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Third Party Assist Trophies

D

Deleted member

Yes, I'm well aware that if you had the choice, they'd be full-fledged characters. Unfortunately, that reality doesn't pan out for everyone, but for some developers, like Yacht Club, being in Smash in any capacity is still a win due to brand recognition. And it has me thinking who else will get in as an Assist Trophy, be it in the base game or included in updates.

I'm aware there will be some debate here, and I'm not naming these characters as a slight to their fanbase, so don't get upset, alright?

Here's my list:

*Abe (Oddworld): Abe would be a relatively weak Assist Trophy at first, given how he doesn't exactly have a means to fight back besides farting (essentially a weak Wario Waft) and would likely be regarded like Starfy as an easy KO and point bonus, but if Abe sticks around long enough, he can use his energy to summon the powerful Shrykull that unleashes lightning throughout the stage. The Shrykull was a transformation Abe had access to in Abe's Oddysey (and the New 'n' Tasty remake) after completing Paramonia & Scrabia where he used energy to transform into a diety that closely resembled the two totemic creatures from both the aforementioned lands. In Abe's Exoddus, he had access to the transformation at the beginning, but the issue was that it required energy from freed Mudokons, making it a very finite transformation.
*Shantae: I'm well aware that Shantae is popularly requested as a fighter, but I imagine if she is an AT, she'd run around the stage whipping characters with her ponytail and occasionally dancing to cause status effects to fighters.
*Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot): This is largely assuming Crash is playable either as DLC or as another in-game third party rep, but I like to see Cortex hopping on his hoverboard and blasting characters with his ray gun. Because he'd be hovering away from the stage's platforms, KOing him would be difficult, but not impossible.

Top Bottom