• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
It's fake. Thanks to a pic, I noticed Ness's shirt has always been curved in his model and his character selection picture in all 3 smash games. And in the picture of the leak, it isn't curved.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Well I think the curve short theory is a bit over thought but if anything we might know sometime this week due to earthbound a anniversary being on the 27th of august and if the artwork is totally off well then......#BunkTheLeak

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Well I think the curve short theory is a bit over thought but if anything we might know sometime this week due to earthbound a anniversary being on the 27th of august and if the artwork is totally off well then......#BunkTheLeak
They added the mark of naga to Lucina. At least you can actually see the curve on his shirt without zooming in.

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
Except Photoshop doesn't mean much here.

To me, that Wario image looks like a frame ripped right out of an SSE cutscene. Just use the quick selection tool and you're set, wouldn't even need to cover up any blemishes since the camera quality is so poor.

That's actually another thing about these photographic leaks - they always look like they were taken with the 2 megapixel or less kind of phones I would use nearly a decade ago. We live in the age of HD retina display smartphones, getting a clear photo of a handheld system ain't that hard:

If I bothered to do it with my 3DS it would look even clearer since the display is better than the DS Lite above.

Yet, these leaks are so terribly obscured, as if someone took them while running a marathon.
Super Princess Peach? People like that game other than me?

The artwork for Dr. Mario looks like an edited version of this image of Mario:View attachment 22643

Also, why are there five characters on the images that say, "Press Any Button"? I'm assuming that those screens are the battle start screens, but doesn't Super Smash Bros. support up to four players max?
My theory is its a main menu and it just scrolls through the characters or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Someone should look and see if Charizard's model matches up with the real one. I would do it but ehh.....
They look pretty much the same, But even if it was real the bad camera lighting would mess it up anyway.

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
I'm starting to think its real. I dont like it. I very much wanted king k. rool. If they do duck hunt dog right and bring in king k. rool as DLC then it might make up for this disappointing roster. I'd also love krystal and sukapon too. I don't think it is good to remove wolf but if he is dlc then that is fine.
Duck hunt Dog is not real cause Sakurai doesnt put characters into a game without a move set, or with a move set that doesnt make sense. What would his moves be? Will he stand upright, punch and kick? Id say that this is fake cause there is always one oddball character and this time it will be Chorus Men.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Duck hunt Dog is not real cause Sakurai doesnt put characters into a game without a move set, or with a move set that doesnt make sense. What would his moves be? Will he stand upright, punch and kick? Id say that this is fake cause there is always one oddball character and this time it will be Chorus Men.
Wii Fit Trainer.
F-Zero Guy.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It's using the same artwork, And since the artwork isn't located anywhere it can't be a different leaker.

And about Dr Mario's render...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The leak NEVER said anything about the ESRB other than the name, Which he could have entered to mess with people. Which is very common on real leaks and fake leaks.
Once the ESRB was mentioned, however, the leak instantly loses a lot of credibility.

ESRB0083

Doesn't anything about that name sound off to you? Maybe a little 1337 speak?

If you still can't see it, put your mind in pervert or disgusting mode. The only thing that could have made it more obvious would be if he placed a 1 between that 8 and 3.

Last edited:

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
Wii Fit Trainer.
F-Zero Guy.
Those are different. Wii fit trainer has basically hundreds of games she can pull moves from plus a basis as a yoga instructor. C Falcon has an anime and you can give any human any move like punches and kicks and knees. All of Falcons specials except the falcon punch move his a certain direction, which seems real lazy to be. His move have similar effects too. (Shots fired at Sonic). What can DHD do? Punch. Kick. I don't think so! And anyway, Duck Hunt Dog is a Dog and the duck(s). We have other duo characters such as Rosalina AND Luma, Ice Climbers, Olimar AND Pikmin. Why is Duck Hunt Dog called Duck Hunt. That is just the name of his 1 game. He has a name you know. The naming of this character is just the leaker being lazy. Why am I talking about this so much. We all know the leak is fake anyway. Case closed.

pokefan1223

Smash Rookie
Those are different. Wii fit trainer has basically hundreds of games she can pull moves from plus a basis as a yoga instructor. C Falcon has an anime and you can give any human any move like punches and kicks and knees. All of Falcons specials except the falcon punch move his a certain direction, which seems real lazy to be. His move have similar effects too. (Shots fired at Sonic). What can DHD do? Punch. Kick. I don't think so! And anyway, Duck Hunt Dog is a Dog and the duck(s). We have other duo characters such as Rosalina AND Luma, Ice Climbers, Olimar AND Pikmin. Why is Duck Hunt Dog called Duck Hunt. That is just the name of his 1 game. He has a name you know. The naming of this character is just the leaker being lazy. Why am I talking about this so much. We all know the leak is fake anyway. Case closed.

Attachments

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
The JPN and West will not have the same release date. I can JPN release in November/ early December and West late December/early January

Also I don't think this leak is the complete roster! I believe there is more characters you have to unlock namely Dixie Kong
Dixie Kong, Ridley, and Mewtwo may appear. Well, it's rumored. The rumor doesn't say if they'll be unlockables or dlc though.

banjofan47

Smash Rookie
I think Sakurai is fake leaking again.

I think it's fake because the characters are not group by universe. For example Lucina is nowhere near the other Fire Emblem characters.
It is entirely possible that when every character is unlocked, all of the characters will fall into place. I am not saying it is real, but at this moment i see no reason to question it's legitimacy

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
We will have our answer to this in about two weeks right? when the japanese version releases?
We should have our answer sooner than that, If any veteran is confirmed. Just compare the artwork and there's your answer.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
that's true, we will probably get a veteran before release, but if we don't we will know by then.
Oh my gosh if Ness if confirmed and the artwork matches i am going to hunt ducks irl.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Those are different. Wii fit trainer has basically hundreds of games she can pull moves from plus a basis as a yoga instructor. C Falcon has an anime
her moves were made for yoga, not fighting. There are some oddballs like that. Falcon's anime is based on Smash Bros in regards to Falcon Punch, smash bros MADE THAT MOVE FOR HIM. The anime just features it.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
No need to be an a hole. Just saying, for a franchise that already has the most chars, 3 "new" additions are a bit much.
You're right. I can't believe I'm not more outraged at this roster. Do you want to tell Sakurai, or shall I?

Bahahahaa, this is the best post in the entire thread. I love you.

Last edited:

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Aw man this post people are literally looking at everything now XD. I dont know if I should even count that as discrediting this DHD model but it sure is funny nice find. But if this is true so much for people being fascinated by this DHD model.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
If this is real I'm hoping that Bowser Jr isn't just a smaller, faster Bowser in terms of move set because when I wanted him to be in Brawl it was because I felt his move set should be based around the paint brush from Sunshine, it'd be the closest to a spear/staff type user in a Smash Bros game.

Admittedly though this IS quite a number of Mario characters but to be fair, I love the hell out of Project M and that has 7 Pokemon characters so this really doesn't bother me especially since, well let's be honest here, Mario is a bigger franchise than Pokemon to Nintendo.

Tryphus

Smash Rookie
I'm starting to think that at least the premise behind the missing veterans could be a real possibility. It makes sense that if certain characters were harder to implement on the 3ds, that they may be dlc in the future, and likely free, as I bet at least the ice climbers and maybe Lucas week actually be included day one on the wiiu version, and then downloadable on the 3ds...You know they've GOT to be pressed for time trying to get both versions out by Christmas, even with a bigger development staff. I could definitely see this being real.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
It is entirely possible that when every character is unlocked, all of the characters will fall into place. I am not saying it is real, but at this moment i see no reason to question it's legitimacy
The only problem with that is that everyone else is already grouped right..I don't see how the addition of characters would suddenly push Lucina next to FE, Dr. Mario all the way up to top row, or Yoshi to after the Mario series.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
If this is real I'm hoping that Bowser Jr isn't just a smaller, faster Bowser in terms of move set because when I wanted him to be in Brawl it was because I felt his move set should be based around the paint brush from Sunshine, it'd be the closest to a spear/staff type user in a Smash Bros game.

Admittedly though this IS quite a number of Mario characters but to be fair, I love the hell out of Project M and that has 7 Pokemon characters so this really doesn't bother me especially since, well let's be honest here, Mario is a bigger franchise than Pokemon to Nintendo.
He's in the Koopa Clown Car.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
That's the word on the street. Check out the Ninka/Vaanrose thread in the leaks group; that's where this leak began. More info in there.
Well if that's the case I'm up for that cause it sounds unique enough, and just imagining it reminds me of Tron Bonne in the Marvel Vs. Capcom games only with more zoning options.

joomragre

Smash Cadet

Well according to some leak I remember reading bowser jr is in some kind of kart or something like someone else mentioned. And the more characters the better as long as theyre unique in some way or another

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
her moves were made for yoga, not fighting. There are some oddballs like that. Falcon's anime is based on Smash Bros in regards to Falcon Punch, smash bros MADE THAT MOVE FOR HIM. The anime just features it.
Right! Not to mention characters like Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch who would be difficult to give a moveset to. Sakurai could make anything work! I hope this leak is fake (because of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit) but I hope Duck Hunt Dog is real.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
1) Green Hill Zone isn't a stage, Windy Hill Zone is.

2) Corneria is Assault themed, not Brawl/ Melee's Corneria.

Fake.

Ragna22

Smash Ace

Fake.
The 3DS version has a different set of stages and returning Melee and Brawl stages, and we've seen a screenshot of Green Hill in the 3DS version about a month ago.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Fake.
1. Green Hill Zone was confirmed in one of those photo-release things. (Like how the Polar Bear was first revealed.)
2. Seems like Brawl's or Melee's stage.....

Last edited:

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Your statement doesn't make any sense at all, for starters Captain Falcon never stepped out of his car and yet Sakurai had made a moveset for him. Most of these characters never once had a fighting game and movesets were made for them. Capcom did the same exact thing for Ace Phoenix, and they came up with a unique moveset for him. Yea I maybe kind of disappointed in this roster if it is real but to make some flawed logic about why a certain character wouldn't make it in the roster because of point A and B. Hell Capcom, made Amaterasu from Okami who is a dog into a fighter and it worked.

(Face Palm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom