• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential dates for newcomer reveals.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I remember hearing somewhere that the reveals for Smash 4 were mostly scheduled at relevant times for those characters and franchises. I could be wrong, but what if we can use this to predict who will be revealed and when?

For example, Fire Emblem The Blazing Sword: This game was the first Fire Emblem entry to be localized outside of Japan and holds many fan-favorite characters of the franchise. These characters include likely FE reps like Lyn and Hector which would be optimal to make into Smash at some point. Characters like Lyn and Hector have won recent official character voting polls competing with other FE characters making them good choices for Smash if the game includes old but beloved characters (Lucario/Ike in Smash 4.) Whether its Lyn using bows and katanas or Hector being a heavyweight with an axe, they can definitely be justified in Smash for gameplay and popularity. Blazing Sword was released first in Japan on April 25, 2003, making 2018 its 15th anniversary. Quite a significant milestone. The potential date lines up with a good amount of time between the March 8th Direct and E3 in early June. It's actually almost right in the middle, being one and a half months after the March 8th Direct which was 3 months away from E3, making a good balance between announcements.

This isn't a Fire Emblem thread though, it's a prediction thread. What are some other potential dates for reveals that can line up marketing wise and character speculation wise?

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
I'd imagine that ARMS tournament might be a good time to reveal Spring Man.

We also have Tropical Freeze coming out on Switch in May, which would be a good time to reveal whatever new DK character we're getting.

Persona 5's birthday is in September, which would be a good time to announce Joker assuming Smash will be aiming for a holiday release, but that's just my personal character.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I love this whole date reveal prediction thing. It almost always fails, but it’s still lovely.

Possible dates are the Captain Toad rerelease (July 13), Ocarina of Time’s 20th anniversary, the new WarioWare and Dillon games, Crash’s port, Mega Man 11’s release, and the anniversaries of either Sonic Mania or Forces. I’m not too savvy on other important anniversaries.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I would put money on a third party newcomer at E3 (Crash?) and someone at EVO

Top Bottom