• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POSTPONED Big Ol Leicester Tournament! September 2012 - Hosted by Fuzzyness

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Update!

I know someone in Leicester who has 40 t.vs I can use as long as I sponsor them by using their name on our tournament =) (at least I think so, but yeah those 40 t.vs should be usable)

Europeans better come to this! I want 100 people =)

Willz-LC

Smash Cadet
Yep

Hopefully you or someone else will have a laptop just for Melee, that way we can have seperate laptops for both the games, and avoid the trouble of having just 1, like at OoC

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well..its not good for blastzone :/ but it means we can have a long event
Thanks for considering that....and then doing it anyway
Seriously man, i said i would know by the end of the week.
Either way, BZ2 is cancelled now. so im up for doing this now

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
"

basically next week I find out whether my plans are going forward or not, waiting for the owner to get back to me and the person who runs LAC to also get back to me because he has housing links in Leicester.

There will be a trial tournament in Leicester around April 6-8th if the plans go forward, probably being only 1/2 days because I cannot get housing for that since the student accomodation is extremely busy, hotels + youth hostels wont offer a good price and Rileys might only allow overnight for 40-60 people unless we all stay awake lol.

The proper tournament will be around September 7-9th

if plans go forward:

- Free venue fee or very damn cheap

- 40 t.vs (already 100% confirmed!)

- Housing locally in student accomodation for £20-25 a night (however, since an anime event is going on they aren't being maintenanced properly and we can shove 3/4 people in each room, meaning around £7-8 a night)

- Catering, possibly £10 a day for Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner (+ Soft Drink wtih each) and the food is really nice!

- Special Menu for food + drink, things only costing like £2-4 each, even some of the alcohol is cheap for a bar :D

So wanna know why this September tourney is hype?

- Better Venue (although the allocated space isn't as big as the SNY hall, the whole place is huge, its in an awesome Snooker + Darts club with a bar + food!

- Better Price (Travel + £10-20 Food + £10-20 Tournament + £7/8 Housing a night)

- Better Housing (Literally a flat, you get a bedroom + shower + kitchen + toilet)

- Better Tourney (I'll be running it properly)

- Better Food (SNY's food was awful haha, this time it'll be properly prepared + cooked meals by the Rileys staff! So things like grilled burgers and whatnot. British pub food is f***ing awesome)

"

burrhe

Smash Cadet
Fuzzy, can you change Fool on the interested list to Burrhe, it's my username for a lot of things, so I might as well get used to using it as my tag as well.
k, thnx :D
Definitely up for September, so hyped.
As for the April, would love to go, but I am booked holiday-wise until the 7th. if it's on the 8th at anytime maybe, but would be inconvenient for me, so maybe not. I'll have to see...

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
if this does happen (I'll find out within a month):

Costs will be like so
Singles - £5
Doubles - £5 each
2 Days Tournament + 1 Day Accommodation + Access to Alcon Anime Con for 1 Day (3 people a room) - £16
3 Days Tournament + 2 Days Accommodation + Access to Alcon Anime Con for 2 Days (3 people a room) - £32

If we're extremely lucky and theres a lot of accommodation rooms available costs will be like so

2 Days Tournament + 1 Day Accomodation (3 people a room) - £8.66
3 Days Tournament + 2 Days Accomodation (3 people a room) - £17.32
2-4 people will have to share a room, but there is a risk of being caught..its unlikely but there is that risk :/
the rooms cost £26 a night

split between 2 people thats £13
split between 3 people (a lil overboard and risky) thats £8.66 a night
split between 4 (definitely overboard and risky) thats £6.50 a night

Its still an amazing cost, either slightly less/more than SNY + A LOT better than SNY

gijn

Smash Cadet
If this is a go I'm in for the main in september and I'll probably bring my mate (loki), he hasn't signed up for the boards yet.

would do the trial as well but not in UK beginning April

we're both York/London based.

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
its not a go right now :/ I might find a diff venue + location with good accomodation

take my word for it, I'll make a sick European tournament in time

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well I've kinda found a venue already through my brother and a friend, gonna check it out cause it has a campsite right next to it :D

Top Bottom