• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post Your Alt. Costume Ideas for Zelda (Fun and Creative time)

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
With all the insanely creative alt costumes the PMDT put in PM 3.5. It got me wondering for what could the PMDT do with Zelda?
I myself know my fair share of the Zelda Universe but I always enjoy people coming up with ideas that I'd never even thought of.
And so more importantly I wanna see what YOU guys can come up with.

Post Pictures, post ideas, etc. it should be fun! :)

Also even if it's not perfect for the PMDT to put it in, or it would be too difficult it doesn't matter AT ALL. Make it as funny, creative, interesting, nostalgic, as you like. Anyone and everyone should post :)

I do ask that we keep it based on Zelda, and you can add whatever elements of anything you want. Much like what the PMDT did to Jet Set Sonic if you want a good example.
If you can come up with an idea for both zelda and sheik that's great. But honestly it's just supposed to be fun so whatever your heart desires. I just wanna here some of your great ideas

Edit= Btw if you really like your ideas pls link pictures as well, b/c it takes quite a bit of time for me to google the best pics for each idea

List of Ideas by the community (To be editted):
Skyward Sword
Link To the Past/Between Worlds
A Costume that makes People realize zelda and sheik are the same person
Twilight Zelda with Cloak (actually in game)
Sheik with an inspiration from Assassins Creed (make outfit grey to match zelda's cloak)
Hyrule Warriors Zelda and Sheik (idk and idc about possible copyright looks freaking awesome
Puppet Zelda and Sheik (but already in brawl vault if that is a problem)
90's Cartoon Zelda
Alternate Costume ideas from other Characters
Ideas without Pictures
-Super Hipster White Girl Costume with a Shirt that says "The Legend of ME" on it in a heart and also Zelda must have plastic black frame glasses with no lenses and shorter hair and leopard heels and maybe a black long skirt the end
-Salt, Paprika, and Pepper themed
-Secret Agent Zelda and Sheik
-Dress design of 3 goddesses on her dress (or something that represents them) Sheik could have the same symbols on her arms or wherever.
-A costume that emphasizes that sheik and zelda are one (idk what lol)
-Midna dual forms of Zelda and Sheik

Awesome Randomness ;) (To be editted):
Assassin's Creed Inspiration: Zelda and Sheik
Sound of Music: Maria Inspiration
Lord of the Rings
zelda = Galadriel
Sheik= Legolas
Wire Frame Zelda and Sheik (for laughs)
Hester skin (from The Scarlet Letter)

Ideas that I need to properly organize later
Outfit from A Link To The Past
Skyward Sword counterpart
Marin skin (Marin is from Link's Awakening)
Midna skin (her true form)
Malon skin

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
It still has to be "Zelda" right? Can't make Elsa or something? And it has to have a "matching" Sheik costume?

I LOVE Jet Set Sonic. I think its super cool that they took a obscure game that was well known for its artistic style (graphic and audio) and made it into a costume for Sonic. And who else is as rad as Sonic? Definitely fits him best.

I think of Zelda as being graceful and refined, and very wise. Wise enough that she knows to defend herself well. Sheik is graceful and sneaky, a ninja to the core.

I suppose you could make a sort of "Secret Agent" costume for them. Zelda wears a famous dress (maybe with a masquerade mask?) that makes her look like a famous character, like Cinderella or something. Sheik wears the slender sleek sneaking suit that those secret agents always switch into after infiltrating the party, so they don't have to wear the dress and heels into the laser vault.

Of course, team colors for Ocarina would be nice.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
...................................YYEESSS~
...................................PLEASEE~

But as Zelda players (as @ 4tlas 4tlas mentioned), we have to remember that we face an issue most characters don't have - we're just one part of the pair. Finding/making appropriate Sheik skins that aren't too far-fetched in relation is always a bit of an issue I'd assume, and probably why the PMBR/PMDT/whoever is in charge of costumes was hesitant in adding more alts.

Also, I agree that whatever additional alts are considered should emphasize her character traits.

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
Oh the Twilight Princess hooded Zelda could go with a dark Assassin's Creed Sheik.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Oh the Twilight Princess hooded Zelda could go with a dark Assassin's Creed Sheik.
Pic? Haven't seen it myself, but it still wouldn't seem completely relevant or appropriate, at least canon-wise (which I'm assuming is one factor they consider). Even ignoring canon, they wouldn't have much relating them other than both being black.

On a side note, here's a better quality pic of Robed Zelda by herself from a Zelda wiki - it's a bit easier to see intricacies of the robe's design lol.

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
...................................YYEESSS~
...................................PLEASEE~

But as Zelda players (as @ 4tlas 4tlas mentioned), we have to remember that we face an issue most characters don't have - we're just one part of the pair. Finding/making appropriate Sheik skins that aren't too far-fetched in relation is always a bit of an issue I'd assume, and probably why the PMBR/PMDT/whoever is in charge of costumes was hesitant in adding more alts.

Also, I agree that whatever additional alts are considered should emphasize her character traits.
I totally agree but I don't think we should limit people. If they can come up with an awesome pair for the two then awesome. But it is supposed to be our little fun. So we can go as far fetched as Jet Set Sonic (which I also love)

edit: KK ECHO thanks for that :)

edit 2: @ 4tlas 4tlas got some pictures that could inspire an assassins creed outfit in the "awesome randomness" for both zelda and sheik :)

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
Pic? Haven't seen it myself, but it still wouldn't seem completely relevant or appropriate, at least canon-wise (which I'm assuming is one factor they consider). Even ignoring canon, they wouldn't have much relating them other than both being black.

On a side note, here's a better quality pic of Robed Zelda by herself from a Zelda wiki - it's a bit easier to see intricacies of the robe's design lol.
Well the robes looked very similar to me, and it fits a theme of trying to remain hidden. Also the AC robes are distinctive enough to work as a "costume" that people would recognize, a la Jet Set Sonic. The pinpoint crown and intricate patterns on the cloth, along with the weaponry hidden in the outfit, would all fit Sheik well I think.

Can you think of something else to go with a Robed Zelda? Also it doesn't have to be canon, a la Jet Set Sonic.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
As I always say, we need Zelda cosplaying a salt shaker. Fine and simple.

As well as pepper and paprika with varying skirt lengths. Obvi paprika gets the short skirt, while salt would have the floor length.

The details can be worked out when the PMDT finally picks up this brilliant idea.

Salt just embodies the meaning of PM Zelda.

But seriously I WANT this.

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
Well just grabbing something off Google: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131014134656/assassinscreed/images/6/66/ACI-Ezio.png

It also looks good in varying shades of Gray, all the way to black. Make it match Robed Zelda however you wish.

On the note of salt-themed costumes, how about Demonic Zelda? Black-and-red color scheme with glowing red eyes and crimson sparkles for magic effects, and Sheik can do similarly. Everyone hates her and thinks she's Satan incarnate (apparently), so this could work and still be pretty. Like how we have Shadow Queen Peach.

Oh and if you wanted it "canon", does puppet Zelda seem doable?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Oop, another one is dual midna forms. Princessy midna for Zelda, and whatever the other one is called "the more recognizable" form for sheik. It could work.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
There's already plenty of BrawlVault retextures for Sheik/Zelda as Midna and Zelda robed (although the robed Zelda just looks like an KHII Organization XIII member lol). I'd link, but as I'm sure many of you know it's down. They exist, they just aren't of the most amazing quality (not enough to become official I guess...although some of those new ZSS alts look a bit sketchy, too).

4tlas

Smash Lord
Yeah Brawl Vault has been down for awhile now. And I think the ZSS alts you're talking about are the Charlie's Angels ones. Honestly, I think the problem there is just that its supposed to look like a real person from an old show (in that awkward decade where everything was in the uncanny valley). But the reference is clear, lol

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Viola from sc5. Just past her model over zelda :>. Or something.

Edit: Hyrule warriors zelda would make me cry doe. Do that.

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Honestly, placing Robed Zelda over the current Pink TP Zelda (to match up with the B&W Sheik), and adding the HW Zelda+Sheik (in which HW Zelda resembles and was based on the old Pink TP Zelda) wouldn't be so bad. Although idk where people would stand on mixing costumes up between Zelda/Sheik pairings.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
@ flying_tortoise flying_tortoise it's salt, paprika, and pepper, btw ;)
Maybe we should focus on actual skins that we could legitimately see making it into the official builds of furure PM releases. Salt shaker Zelda sounds cool, but it can sort of apply to any character; salt is sorta universal lol. I'm sure it'd be neat as a BrawlVault skin to download, but I doubt we'd ever see it added in otherwise >>

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
What the hell is a salt shaker zelda?
Also I don't care which shiek I get, and I'm sure most zelda and sheik players feel the same. So it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we should focus on actual skins that we could legitimately see making it into the official builds of furure PM releases. Salt shaker Zelda sounds cool, but it can sort of apply to any character; salt is sorta universal lol. I'm sure it'd be neat as a BrawlVault skin to download, but I doubt we'd ever see it added in otherwise >>
I've been trying to come up with an idea but to match Jet Set Sonic is very hard.
So like @ 4tlas 4tlas said in a previous post. Zelda is graceful, magical, wise, and enchanting. So what would be a formerly very popular game character that would trigger a lot of nostalgia in people, whom MORE importantly has those same characteristics of Zelda. Any ideas?

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
I've been trying to come up with an idea but to match Jet Set Sonic is very hard.
So like @ 4tlas 4tlas said in a previous post. Zelda is graceful, magical, wise, and enchanting. So what would be a formerly very popular game character that would trigger a lot of nostalgia in people, whom MORE importantly has those same characteristics of Zelda. Any ideas?

A problem here is that Zelda is a wise, graceful, capable, magical, woman. This is niche (not that it should be). Most women characters who are designed to be "capable" often exhibit "manly" traits, such as bravery, independence, aggressiveness, rudeness, and assertiveness. Zelda's other trait of grace is almost directly opposite of these traits. Furthermore, most wise magicians are from older stories, before women were considered to have characters that could fit these traits.

So I could find many male characters that would fit her well (Gandalf, Dumbledore, Merlin), but any female characters I can think of only fit 3 of the 4 traits (wise, graceful, capable, magical). Wise-graceful-capable would be scholars, politicians, etc. Wise-capable-magical could be something like Morgana, but that doesn't have a strong visual association to use as a costume. Things that are graceful-capable-magical don't have a graceful-capable-sleek counterpart for Sheik.

Another thing to consider is whether or not we can make the alts have team colors (red, green, blue). The masquerade princess/secret agent I suggested could easily be recolored for multiple different costumes, for example. Also, if we aren't afraid of a C&D, Disney princesses have super recognizable dresses in different colors.

4tlas

Smash Lord

Peeta

Smash Cadet
I think musical notes would be perfect for the magic effects! But I'm starting to think perhaps Maria would be better suited as a Peach alternate (but for now I'll stick to thinking she's a Zelda alternate).

I would think she would end up looking more like Zelda-as-Maria than Maria herself... I'd give her her blonde or very light brown hair, wear the black dress, cover up all jewels making the dress as plain as possible, no gloves or sleeves and make the triforce flap thing into a grey pinstriped apron. It would end up looking most like how she is in the opening scene. It could work. I have confidence.

As far as Sheik goes, I'd probably want her to have her scarves and such made from the curtains, so she looks like Maria would look like in disguise:
http://www.edelweisspatterns.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/som-4.jpg
(and maybe her armor replaced with lederhosen?)

(Side note: I'd love if Maria were her own character... I'd main her. She'd be a fast hitting lightweight who can whack people with her guitar, spin and dance across the stage, do some kind of sewing attack and (Final Smash? Grabs?) control characters as puppets)

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
What about a dress design different from what we've seen. A kickass design that shows the 3 goddesses: din, nayru, and farora (through symbolism or something because I believe we don't know their physical appearance)?

ZeroPeachDedede

Smash Rookie
Here are some ideas:

1. Her outfit from A Link To The Past
2. Her Skyward Sword counterpart
3. A Marin skin (Marin is from Link's Awakening)
4. A Midna skin (her true form)
5. A Malon skin

As for Shiek, she (or he, whatever) could have a Nabooru skin.

4tlas

Smash Lord
Here are some ideas:

1. Her outfit from A Link To The Past
2. Her Skyward Sword counterpart
3. A Marin skin (Marin is from Link's Awakening)
4. A Midna skin (her true form)
5. A Malon skin

As for Shiek, she (or he, whatever) could have a Nabooru skin.

You joined to post here? You must really love some of your ideas! Welcome to the forums! Hopefully the obnoxious people don't make you angry and scare you away lol

I love the idea of Nabooru for Sheik. What do you think would go best with that?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Guys just thought of a legit way to use Ezio for a Sheik alt.

Go with Viola from SCV. Zelda's 3.5 dins draw huge parallels with Viola's ball thingies. They're both magic-y chicks. They both have purple-ish color schemes. It works out.

For the Sheik, we could just go with Ezio or one of the many other ninja/assassin-y characters SCV's roster offers. My personal choice would be Natsu lol.

4tlas

Smash Lord
Guys just thought of a legit way to use Ezio for a Sheik alt.

Go with Viola from SCV. Zelda's 3.5 dins draw huge parallels with Viola's ball thingies. They're both magic-y chicks. They both have purple-ish color schemes. It works out.

For the Sheik, we could just go with Ezio or one of the many other ninja/assassin-y characters SCV's roster offers. My personal choice would be Natsu lol.
As a dire SC2 fan, I vastly prefer Taki over Natsu. Then again both would need re-rigging because all the SC girls have massive...eyes.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Super Hipster White Girl Costume with a Shirt that says "The Legend of ME" on it in a heart and also Zelda must have plastic black frame glasses with no lenses and shorter hair and leopard heels and maybe a black long skirt the end

Karmaic Avidity

Smash Cadet
Super Hipster White Girl Costume with a Shirt that says "The Legend of ME" on it in a heart and also Zelda must have plastic black frame glasses with no lenses and shorter hair and leopard heels and maybe a black long skirt the end
Which dimensional gate of hell did you pull this idea out of? :p

4tlas

Smash Lord
Yeah Brawl Vault has been down for awhile now. And I think the ZSS alts you're talking about are the Charlie's Angels ones. Honestly, I think the problem there is just that its supposed to look like a real person from an old show (in that awkward decade where everything was in the uncanny valley). But the reference is clear, lol
So I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this, like at all. I guess I saw 3 ZSS costumes in different poses with guns and just thought "Charlie's Angels, DUH"

But I stand behind that idea because it would have been awesome, even if people don't like Charlie's Angels. ANYWAY

Zelda costume: Galadriel.
Sheik costume: Legolas.

4tlas

Smash Lord
Wow that looks great! It feels odd to see Zelda with Native American skin, but other than that I totally love it!

EpicCupcakez

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicCupcakes
3DS FC
0018-1627-8120
I really like the Hyrule Warriors model of Zelda, I think it's nice to see her in a not so dress fashion but it keeps her elegance ^_^

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
I really like the Hyrule Warriors model of Zelda, I think it's nice to see her in a not so dress fashion but it keeps her elegance ^_^
Unfortunately, the Twilight Princess costume in Hyrule Warriors looks like absolute ass, like all the costumes in that game tbh.

But the Hyrule Warriors take on Zelda really is great, gets me thinking of maybe Zelda being a magic-swordsman like Robin in Smash... but with a badass rapier.

EpicCupcakez

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicCupcakes
3DS FC
0018-1627-8120
Unfortunately, the Twilight Princess costume in Hyrule Warriors looks like absolute ***, like all the costumes in that game tbh.

But the Hyrule Warriors take on Zelda really is great, gets me thinking of maybe Zelda being a magic-swordsman like Robin in Smash... but with a badass rapier.
Oh yeah, that was crappy as hell. But hey, I thought it was a decent game. I definitely enjoyed it!

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Warriors Zelda, of course, w/ sheik costume to match for transformation.

Skyward sword Zelda red costume:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...ft_zelda_reference_by_shrubbynerb-d4ztklc.png
sheik transformation as impa recolor:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/340/e/4/impa_over_sheik_by_demonslayerx8-d4id8z7.png

Skyward Sword Zelda Goddess:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...ord__surface_zelda_by_shrubbynerb-d4ztkqm.png
sheik transformation: white recolor of the impa costume

Link to the Past/between worlds Zelda:
http://1u88jj3r4db2x4txp44yqfj1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/zelda-hilda.jpg
sheik transformation: Isn't anything likely from those games, but possibly a outfit restyle like this?
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...a_Hyrule_Warriors.png/revision/20140610203350
Also, I'd love to have a sheik costume where it was more apparant it's actually Zelda:
with her hood thrown back: http://www.renders-graphiques.fr/im..._sheik_transformation_pouvoir_triforce_ba.png
Or a zelda themed recolor:
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE...eik_costume_details_by_know_kname-d60t795.png

90s cartoon Zelda:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/083/2/f/princess_zelda_by_inspector97-d5z3dml.jpg
sheik Transformation:
http://cdn.vanillaforums.com/pennyarcade.vanillaforums.com/editor/dq/49ohm5jn8r5k.gif

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...ft_zelda_reference_by_shrubbynerb-d4ztklc.png
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/340/e/4/impa_over_sheik_by_demonslayerx8-d4id8z7.png

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...ord__surface_zelda_by_shrubbynerb-d4ztkqm.png

http://1u88jj3r4db2x4txp44yqfj1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/zelda-hilda.jpg
sheik transformation: Isn't anything likely from those games, but possibly a outfit restyle like this?
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...a_Hyrule_Warriors.png/revision/20140610203350
Also, I'd love to have a sheik costume where it was more apparant it's actually Zelda:
with her hood thrown back: http://www.renders-graphiques.fr/im..._sheik_transformation_pouvoir_triforce_ba.png
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE...eik_costume_details_by_know_kname-d60t795.png

90s cartoon Zelda:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/083/2/f/princess_zelda_by_inspector97-d5z3dml.jpg
sheik Transformation:
http://cdn.vanillaforums.com/pennyarcade.vanillaforums.com/editor/dq/49ohm5jn8r5k.gif
The pictures to Sheik that you link is Impa. The Hyrule Warriors Sheik makes it very apparent that it's Zelda.

EpicCupcakez

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicCupcakes
3DS FC
0018-1627-8120

90s cartoon Zelda:
sheik Transformation:
I really like all of these :O ^_^ especially the zelda themed sheik!

Top Bottom