• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post Treehouse changes you find!

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Aesthetics
Updated model and a bunch of new animations that look great:
-jumping and running
-ftilt
-charging the mega punch (looks awesome)
-jab
-grab/cargo
-when DK has a mega punch charged, his face is permanently scowled. He looks pissed the **** off the entire time!

Gameplay
-side b is less useless, but I think they removed the knockback reduction on being buried, so sakurai combo returns
-mega punch might full charge faster
-aerial down b is still pretty useless
-fair comes out a little faster
-nair didn't seem to get the PM treatment, meaning The King will have the same problems he always does
-directional airdodge should help him out a bit

Bair animation looks the same, but I haven't seen anyone try to do the two in one short hop

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Lol I didn't even notice that he looks so angry while having a pully charged punch. Not yet sure if I like it though.

Here's what I've seen from footage:

Fair
- seems to finally be able to autocancel?
- has MUCH less landinglag (like basically any laggy aerial)

Dair
- has MUCH less landinglag

Here's what someone said in the stream:

SideB
- has superarmor

Other things I've read/heard or am unsure about:

DownB
- apparently less laggy? (didn't look less laggy to me from the footage, but who knows)
- could be less laggy while landing - it kinda looked like it, but not sure (could have gotten the same treatment as aerial landinglag)

Here's decent footage of DK to look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvXRnHaQNU#t=9m
At 9 min a match starts, before that they're showing directional airdodge and some other stuff.

EDIT:

Okay, this is big. Someone (kevinkaywho) on twitter made a long list of changes/stuff he found/tested. Here's the beginning post: https://twitter.com/kevinkaywho/status/1007119607302197248

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Directly from E3 build playtesting (source is iDK from San Diego)

Neutral B - The charge can be jump canceled in the air (buff). No more freefall in the air (buff). Massive KB when fully charged (buff). There doesn't seem to be a reason to go for 9 wind (nerf). No more charge glitch not counting your first wind-up (buff). Punching a shield at the ledge won't push you off anymore (buff).

Side B - Has Super Armor frames when he pulls his head back (buff). Buries longer than in Smash 4 (buff).

Down B - Has much less lag on the ground (buff). Seems to have slightly less range than the visuals show. Aerial version has practically no landing lag and can combo into stuff (buff).

Up B - Multihits seem to suck them in for both the air and ground versions (buff). Does way less damage in the air (nerf). Seems to last shorter and is harder to control (nerf). Laggier landing (nerf).

Jab - Tipper jab no longer sets up into anything but Jab 2 (nerf)

Ftilt - Less damage, slightly faster

Utilt - Seems to be weaker. Better for combos, but worse at KO's.

Bthrow - A lot stronger (buff)

Cargo Ftoss - Has 45 degree angle now (buff)

Cargo Utoss - Higher KB growth, so it still combos into everything, but not for as long (nerf)

Dash Attack - Laggier, maybe with more active frames (nerf).

Fsmash - Stronger than before (buff)

Dsmash - Stronger than before, better hitboxes too (buff).

Usmash - Stronger and bigger hitboxes (buff)

Fair is faster and less laggy, but weaker (buff)

Less landing lag in general

SH Dbl Bair still in

All aerials can autocancel in a short hop except Fair/Dair

Smash Attacks can be charged infinitely now lol.

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Directly from E3 build playtesting (source is iDK from San Diego)

Neutral B - The charge can be jump canceled in the air (buff). No more freefall in the air (buff). Massive KB when fully charged (buff). There doesn't seem to be a reason to go for 9 wind (nerf). No more charge glitch not counting your first wind-up (buff). Punching a shield at the ledge won't push you off anymore (buff).

Side B - Has Super Armor frames when he pulls his head back (buff). Buries longer than in Smash 4 (buff).

Down B - Has much less lag on the ground (buff). Seems to have slightly less range than the visuals show. Aerial version has practically no landing lag and can combo into stuff (buff).

Up B - Multihits seem to suck them in for both the air and ground versions (buff). Does way less damage in the air (nerf). Seems to last shorter and is harder to control (nerf). Laggier landing (nerf).

Jab - Tipper jab no longer sets up into anything but Jab 2 (nerf)

Ftilt - Less damage, slightly faster

Utilt - Seems to be weaker. Better for combos, but worse at KO's.

Bthrow - A lot stronger (buff)

Cargo Ftoss - Has 45 degree angle now (buff)

Cargo Utoss - Higher KB growth, so it still combos into everything, but not for as long (nerf)

Dash Attack - Laggier, maybe with more active frames (nerf).

Fsmash - Stronger than before (buff)

Dsmash - Stronger than before, better hitboxes too (buff).

Usmash - Stronger and bigger hitboxes (buff)

Fair is faster and less laggy, but weaker (buff)

Less landing lag in general

SH Dbl Bair still in

All aerials can autocancel in a short hop except Fair/Dair

Smash Attacks can be charged infinitely now lol.
It seems this list is almost just the stuff from the kevin who twitter I put in my last post, but it doesn't include everything.
For example he said you can't cancel giant punch without airdodging anymore (only jump out of it), do you know if other people tested this and were able to cancel without dodging?

Top Bottom