• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post-Apocalyptic Texas Showdown 4 Results & Shoutouts [3/15/14 Houston, TX]

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to Frisbie for making another great PATS tournament happen, and thanks to everyone who came (especially OOC), brought setups, helped run the tournament, and helped run the stream/commentate! Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the tournament and hope everyone else did too. I recorded videos in 720p along with the stream and upload all the tournament matches to www.youtube.com/texasmelee. Here is the YT playlist: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ_fmBeIteWfwKtwOxPpwcey7c27LuRJa.

Singles (38 entrants):
1: GameGuys Mojo ($209.00)
2: Tirno ($114.00)
3: AG | Arc ($38.00)
4: MT ($19.00)
5: Salsa Creek
5: SOS
7: Timerbomb
7: Best Friend John
9: Dawn
9: Mouf
9: Pawl
9: Bro
13: JF
13: Frisbie
13: GlibbyGlobby
13: King
17: Victor
17: Kamikaze
17: 52pickup
17: Zhea
17: Chill
17: Crawfish
17: Nyan
17: Sizzle
25: Onion
25: Bloke Cinco
25: BabaR
25: Smoom
25: Jay
25: Stark
25: Jason
25: Sunny
33: Merc
33: SRG
33: Jewemy
33: Surplus
33: MIG
33: ShadowMessiah

Bracket:

Doubles (12 team entrants):
1: MTirno ($84)
2: SOS + AG| ARC ($24)
3: BlueBallz ($12)
4: Best Friend John + JF
5: GG | Mojo + kailo
5: Mouf + Pawl
7: Bro + Kamikaze
7: Ending Careers (Glibbyglobby + BabaR)
9: Frisbie + DMT
9: Smoom + 52pickup
9: SRG + Miguel
9: ShadowMessiah + Jewemy

Bracket:

Last edited:

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone who came! It was unfortunate that Houston had some really bad weather, Louisiana and Beaumont people didn't show up liked they planned to because of it, not to mention several Houston players. About seven people had to leave before singles started too, so that didn't help. Austin and SA showed up pretty strong however, so the tournament was still decently stacked. Special thanks to everyone who helped me set up and to those who brought setups, and good **** to Mojo for taking first! See you all next time!

1: GameGuys Mojo ($209.00)- needs more Doc ;)
2: Tirno ($114.00)- only second? what a scrub
3: AG | Arc ($38.00)- your losses depressed me :( You posted on FB about how you learned a lot, so I'm glad you got something out of it.
4: MT ($19.00)- one day I will be as patient as you
5: Salsa Creek- scrubbbbbbb. Thanks for taking pictures, I'd appreciate if you could post them in this thread or on imgur or something
5: SOS- glad you made it out, hope you had fun
7: Timerbomb- your tech skill is sick! I had fun in our set, next time I'm going all doc against you for sure. If you are in Houston over the summer I definitely want to play you
7: Best Friend John- I'm pretty much always rooting for you since you play luigi. You've been improving a lot as of late, I'm excited to see how far you push it!
9: Dawn- I wish I got you vs jf on stream! that fox is too good!
9: Mouf- Glad you're getting back into melee, I hope you had fun!
9: Pawl- that Ganon is sick, we definitely need to play/go rock climbing over the summer
9: Bro- you did pretty good bro, glad to see you improving
13: JF- Glad you made it down. You'll do better next time, don't get down on yourself
13: GlibbyGlobby- dat samus
13: King- damn, did bro play yoshi or something?
17: Kamikaze- we never money matched! oh well, next time i suppose
17: Zhea- I feel dirty for falcoing you. Glad you made it down
17: Sizzle- glad you made it, let's get some friendlies in next time
25: Bloke Cinco- damn, you had a rough bracket! I must not have seeded you well cause i didnt know you were Joe at the time lol. I kind of want to team with you at some point, Doc Pika sounds like a crazy team. Gimps out the wazooooooooo

Thanks again to everyone who came, see you all next time!

Last edited:

MT_

Smash Ace
Tight tourney. Had fun and left salty so I'd say it was a success. GGs to everyone I played and thank you to Frisbie/Noc/GlibbyGlobby for running everything with a great stream and stuff. Looking forward to the next one!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
that was uncalled for....
Don't take things so seriously all the time...I only poke fun at him cause we both know he's mad good. Bro actually has a really good Yoshi btw, it's better than hamyojo's imo

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Don't take things so seriously all the time...I only poke fun at him cause we both know he's mad good. Bro actually has a really good Yoshi btw, it's better than hamyojo's imo
this one make's more sense. I thought you were referring to king's losing streak against hamyojo.
he's pretty salty about me always bringing it up at smashfests losing to hamyojo.

Last edited:

Zhea

Smash Ace
Really fun tournament. I like the venue and we had a good number of setups. It also fulfilled the strange fantasy I had of having a semi outside tournament during a rains storm.

@ Frisbie Frisbie Again, fun tournament and good stuff to you and yours. I am salty about our match. Next time will be different.
@oscarmalherbe And with that you now have a clean sweep of the entire top 6 of Texas. Good **** dude, I think that cements you as the current guy to beat. Also I'm making an effort to keep what we talked about at Chris's place in mind. I need to step up my confidence game in smash.
@S.O.S. Dust off that Shiek and use the bodies of Marths to pave the way to #1.
@AustinRC Always fun hanging with you, I'll get that booty one day!
@JesusFreak Arg I keep not playing you at tournaments! Making a point of playing you next time
@strawhats Whooped me in Falcon dittos, wish you had entered in tournament. I'll try and dig out that link to where I got my falcon shirt/hoody.
Admrial We finally got around to playing! I felt like you were holding back, but friendlies were friendlies, I'll just MM you next time.
@ MT_ MT_ Good stuff taking out SOS. I know he's salty, but you and Tirno put in work.
Tirno WITHOUT THE GOLDEN THRONE OF AUSTIN YOU ARE NOTHING. Just kidding, you didn't look like you were playing on point and you still gave mojo a run for his money, I know you won't be at crescendo 2, but I hope to see you at more events in the future. Also thanks for the advice about being more crisp with my aerials, it's a common problem I always end up revisiting every couple of months.
Pawl NEXT TIME GADGET! NEXT TIME!
Best Friend John Stop playing a broken character! Seriously though good **** in doubles and singles, was really fun to watch
@Sizzle Again continuing the proud tradition of never playing each other during an event, though that's more my fault. If I end up at crescendo 2 next week I'll end that streak
Jose God damn, if only I could turn pale ale into tech skill too...
Bro - I wish we had Falcon dittoed instead of like the one fox/falcon match we got when Mojo was distracted.
@ D Diglob - SHAMUS! You and your character rotations. Must be all that sand. Glad we got to play, think we hadn't since forte when you dunked me with Falco
Smoom/David Man you were more nervous in our match than I was against Pawl/Frisbie. You played way better during our friendlies.
@Wobbles Didn't end up playing you, I should make a point of it next time.
ShadowMessiah + Jewemy I think you were the two guys asking me advice earlier? I'm terrible with names, which is a bad flaw for a TO to have, but such is life. We'll play more next time.
New Falcon Player who talked to me at the bar I don't remember your tag or name, what was it again? Next time I'm at a Houston tournament we'll play.

Last edited:

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
1: GameGuys Mojo - congratz on the win. we should drink and joke around whenever you come to austin, yo. also, u was so scared, ma *****. curly won't go so easy on you next time, boi
2: Tirno - EDGAR YOU ARE GODLIKE WAY TO STICK IT UP TO THE MAN
3: AG | Arc - WAY TO BE A MAN AND GET IT STUCK INTO. jkjk let's quit melee and get some vices in
4: MT - MT i proud of you but i expected more. i truly believe you are the future of texas! best asian fo sho
5: Salsa Creek - yeah buddy
5: SOS - we didn't play. next time we should get friendlies up the wazoo
7: Timerbomb - MM next time salty man
7: Best Friend John - we didn't play. you should ask me to play early on in the tournament 'cause i kinda get smashed out by the end ( i was also very full of sandwich)
9: Dawn - i think you shoulda beat me but IDK MAN LETS PLAY NEXT TIME MAYBE IM BETTER THAN U
9: Mouf - yooooooo i felt like you weren't playing to your potential. runback plz
9: Pawl - damnit paul at least i got a gbye hug
9: Bro - your FOX is ON a-nother LEVEL SON!
13: JF - yoooo don't let those fox scrubs get the best of you. play as if every stock is your last stock. i mean, for real. otherwise you're gonna keep getting unrepresentative results.
13: Frisbie - DIS BOI THO. nice tournament, good venue, good organization. GREAT jorb
13: GlibbyGlobby - sandbag more. you're as good as me what r u doin
13: King - climbing climbing. i see you brah. you'll hit top ten soonish
17: Victor - nice games, man. I hope to see you again!
17: Kamikaze - this doc caught me off guard (by which i mean doc is broken and upthrow kobe is much 2 strong. nerf plz)
17: 52pickup
17: Zhea - yooooooo i might run tourneys like that
17: Sizzle - cmon man! u can do it.
25: Bloke Cinco - yeah, kamikaze was a little surprising, huh? he p good
25: BabaR
25: Smoom - nice games dude!
25: Sunny
33: Jewemy - i feel like i see at a bunch of tournaments lolz
33: Surplus - u too ^^^
33: MIG - keep at it! the tournament level here was a little higher than usual

Last edited:

Smoom77

Smash Master
Thanks to everyone for making my first melee tournament great! I had a great time learning from and playing lots of different people. Great TOing from Frisbee (and others). I definitely plan on coming to the next one!

Jarbinks9/11

Banned via Warnings
Money match me loser. Im not those kalo tsc whatever. they sound godly good though. Are they from Houston? if they are assuming they aren't gays/losers/girls I assume they are good. I bet they lift too.
Like lifting weights is supposably supposed to be a good thing? Try to understand this: melee tournaments are far too masculine to have any kind of success in the smash community. Face it, this tournament had a turnout even smaller than freesbies circumcised penis, and the TOs are not the ones to blame. Simply put melee players have too much body mass to hold successful tournaments. This intimidates new players and makes them reconsider enlisting for these kinds of events. Do you really think an aspiring young smasher fresh off of the documentary really wants to see the chiseled bodies of successful melee players, with good fashion sense and a collection of women? No, a young smasher wants to attend tournaments that have attendants that can make them feel good about themselves and raise their self esteem. You cant expect someone to play their absolute best when theyre too busy focusing of the raw oiled muscles of their competitors and the spanking hot **** and ass of their girlfriends that melee players tend to attract. If this wasnt true then youd see players like ken and isai still playing, but the moment smashers evolved and began pumping iron they had to find other means of competition. The recent rise in popularity of project melee over regular melee is a testament to that.

Fortunately there is a formula to success that can be learned. Take a look at players such as Oracle from the DFW area. He has the oily hairdo and fatty build that real in a sufficient playerbase. His cheeks display a kind of flabber that only mountain dew and cheetos can satisfy. This is the kind of man people can be comfortable win, one that in comparison makes an average guy feel like a god amongst men. Take my advice, and harness that energy, become that man if you want to save your community. Currently the houston scene is the biggest offender of bad TOing habits, nearly everyone has a girlfriend and they all work out which is a detriment to success, and will need a lot of luck and a lot of work to reverse, which is not always possible. Putting on a few pounds and breaking up with your girlfriends should help but the damage may have already been done. Luckily for you however, as a project melee player i have the adresses of a few all you can eat buffets, anime conventions, and gay bars saved on my computer, and if you decide to hold project melee at your next pats then ill see what i can do to get you all into top smashing shape like the pmers are doing.

Also in regards to your question about tsc and kalo, i believe they were at the venue for doubles, but they werent good at all because they both were eliminated by austin players.

Shadowmessia

Smash Rookie
ShadowMessiah + Jewemy I think you were the two guys asking me advice earlier? I'm terrible with names, which is a bad flaw for a TO to have, but such is life. We'll play more next time.
New Falcon Player who talked to me at the bar I don't remember your tag or name, what was it again? Next time I'm at a Houston tournament we'll play.
That might have been me if it was at the bar lawl. Me and my friend Jewemy are trying to show up at as many tournaments as we can in order to get better :D

Zhea

Smash Ace
Ah okay, then that duo was you guys at the bar. Hmm then who was the other Falcon main I did play that wasn't strawhat.

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
I didn't talk to a whole lot of people this time, I should get around a little more next time, but I had a good time. Wished I played a little better, but that's how it is sometimes.
Of the people I spoke to/played:
1. MTirno - Was a fun, pretty close first game and then got stomped game 2. You guys are too good.
7. John - Always support mid-tier players and Luigi is one of my favs. Will play some more again.
9. Bro - Fun team, I'd definitely do it some more and get some consistency in teams going. I'll have to either learn Sheik better or not be a *****. Either works.
9. Mouf - Looking forward to playing you some more, either DK dittos or learning how to not get 100% dumpstered by Peach
13. JF - I don't know if you went Falco against me this time just to be nice or what was the reasoning, but it was a close set until you clearly outplayed me in game 3. I choked and need to get better. You've beaten me in out of all 3 PATS events I've been in so I am determined to get the better of you at least once.
13. Frisbie - We did miss our money match, I didn't look around for you too much since you were running the tournament. It will happen though.
13. King - Fun set, a little sad about game 1 and the fact I forgot I could tell you not to go back to Battlefield lol. You definitely had a better read on me by game 3 though and deserved the win.
25. Bloke Cinco - Should have stayed Pikachu! It was so close til you decided to go Marth game 3. Let you learn your lesson about picking higher tier characters.
Admiral - I always like playing ICs just because it's so different. I think after a few matches I was starting to figure out a little more what to do to not get grabbed but still struggling.
Anyone else I played friendlies with - I forget names so I'm sorry, but I had a good time playing everyone.

Note 1: Make sure I have a name in memory before leaving person I meet.
Note 2: Get better, do better, place better next time :)

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
1: GameGuys Mojo ($209.00) BEST IN TEXAS HOUSTON REPRESENT
2: Tirno ($114.00) You seem really good and I don't think I've ever played you before. I'll get some matches wit you next time
3: AG | Arc ($38.00) Yo I was rooting for you vs Tirno, you got it next time. You're a cool dude
4: MT ($19.00) Ledge hogginest marth ever. Good ping pong match son, I'll play you more next time, I gotta get at least one DK vs Marth win
5: Salsa Creek No johns but yeah I agree I wasn't playing to my potential. We'll run the MM back next time and I'll stay sober until the tournament and my mm's are over. I'd consider myself back in the scene now so i'll be attending more events
5: SOS I didn't get to play you cept in doubles but I like your style, we'll get sotme singles in next time
7: Timerbomb Yo I got *****...if you thought i was salty last time lol...you've gotten way better and we'll chill some next time, also LET THE MM'S BEGIN
7: Best Friend John sick luigi as always
9: Dawn Best kept secret in Texas
9: Mouf you suck, BUT DAMN THAT DK IS SICK
9: Pawl mouf+pawl, future best team in texas
9: Bro i refuse to acknowledge your new tag, you are velox! you're gettin better
13: JF we barely played but i'll never forget how much fun that FC drive was lol
13: Frisbie good tournament, we didn't do our mm but its all good. also i didn't play you at all
13: GlibbyGlobby GET WRECKED, use falco
13: King
17: Victor
17: Kamikaze yo we'll get some matches in next time for sure
17: 52pickup I think this was the guy i mm'd late, you have a lot of potential for just starting so i expect to see you rise in the ranks. don't sleep on that dk tho
17: Zhea
17: Sizzle
25: Bloke Cinco sick pikachu
25: BabaR change your tag
25: Smoom
25: Sunny youre gettin better but don't stress too much about shdl's, they're pointless. just make sure your wavedashing and shffl'ing are completely on point before you start trying to do too much
33: Jewemy
33: Surplus
33: MIG

Hannah: Why didn't you enter? Also WHATS UP WITH THAT MM WHERE YOU AT
Killawhale: ***** you didn't enter either man but good games bro

Overall good tournament, my first PATS was fun. I'll drink less and smash more next time.

52pickup

Smash Cadet
9: Mouf haha yeah that was me. Good MM, and thanks. I just need to play more people lol.
17: Kamikaze played some more friendlies against you...and still completely lost lol. I need to improve!
25: Smoom yo thanks for driving me and being cool! :D
25: BabaR nice teaming with you for some friendlies haha.

Fun tournament again! I don't got much, but...it'll do.

Diglob

Smash Cadet
GlibbyGlobby here. I just want to say that this tournament was critically flawed due to the lack of pools. Going straight to bracket disallowed me from using my Samus, which I had been training intensely for months to ruin Frisbie's day as a TO, to ruin Frisbie's day as a TO. Other than that, this tournament was pretty sick, just like all the other PATS tournaments. Those burgers? Sick. Shoutouts to the worker who heard me saying that the burger was so good that I had to kill myself. The bartender was also a very nice lady. Really, the Texadelphia employees are just extremely accomodating of PATS in general and are amazing.

Noc is godly, by the way. He bought a 50 foot ethernet extension cable just so that he could stream this tournament. And then when he got to the venue day of and realized that 50 feet weren't enough, he went out and bought another 50 foot ethernet extension cable. Holy ****, this guy is ****ing hardcore. Without him, we wouldn't have been able to have a livestream on which four really devoted trolls could get into the chat and talk bad about Tirno's hair while the remaining forty viewers or so stayed silent. Definite shoutout to whichever Texadelphia employee taped the ethernet cable down to the floor in the restaurant so that nobody would mess it up (it was only a small section of the ethernet cable). Also, shoutout to Noc for forgetting 100 feet of ethernet cable at the venue. It's all sitting in the trunk of my car. Lol, I can't believe you forgot 100 feet of ethernet cable...

GameGuys Mojo - Noc would've gotten first.
Tirno - Keep rocking the hair. Forever and ever.
AG | Arc - You played really well at this tournament! Congrats. It was really great to watch you play to the best of your ability.
MT - GOOD JOB
Salsa Creek - Nice job on your placing! I think we talked to each other in the bathroom more than we've ever talked to each other anywhere else... >__>;

And then I got lazy and realized that I don't want to finish these shoutouts. You know what? Thanks for showing up, everybody. PATS was all the better for it. I hope that the next PATS is awesome as **** and that we'll all be there.

aspirin cookie

Smash Cadet
I wish I had talked to more people . But as a spectator I had a damn good time . Great sets from everyone . In a storm no less . The finals preowned . And the parking lot was green-smoke friendly . :colorful:

Top Bottom