• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post-Apocalypse Texas Showdown (PATS) 2- feat. DoH, Mojo, AustinRC, Brolylegs, and more!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
On December 22nd, a battle enthralled,
Between the strongest of the the strong, to find the strongest of all.
48 people journeyed to test their skills
From the swamps of Louisiana to the Californian hills.
One man named Wobbles climbed to claim first,
As climbing is natural to the Ice Climbers.
I suck at poetry and don't know what to say,
but this time Texas will surely seize the day!

Venue
Texadelphia (http://www.texadelphia.com/find-a-location/houston/12)
6025 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77057
We will have an entire rather large room to ourselves, plenty of onsite parking, and NO VENUE FEE (keep in mind that the venue is free under the assumption that some people who attend the tournament will buy food/drinks here, so eating here is highly encouraged. The food is great, I highly recommend their queso.)
Doors open at 12:00, and tournament registration will end at 1:30, SO GET THERE BEFORE 1:30. The tournament will then start as soon as brackets are made.

Tournament Rules
  • The number of stock is set to 4
  • The time limit is set to 8 minutes
  • Pause is set to off
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • Double Elimination
  • All sets are best of 3, except semi-finals and finals rounds (in winners and losers), which are best of 5
  • FOR BEST OF 5 MATCHES- Dave's stupid rule: A player cannot counter pick a stage they have previously won on in a set. However, there are no bans. (there are bans for best of 3 matches)
  • Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
  • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a stock and percentage tie, a one-stock match will be played.
  • Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
Stage List
Singles:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Dreamland
Battlefield
Counter Picks: Pokemon Stadium

Doubles:
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland
Battlefield
Counter Picks: Kongo Jungle 64

Entry Fee
Singles: 10
Double: 5 (each)
NO VENUE FEE!!! (this means EAT AT THE VENUE)

For out of city smashers, Megabus is selling $1 tickets for all Texas travels in February if you use the promo code "IHEARTTX"
If tickets under that promo code sell out, use "TRYMEGABUS"

Last tournament was a huge success, with roughly 60 or so people at the venue. The videos are all here. Let's make this one even better!! Bring setups! Eat at the venue! NO LATE ENTRIES, SO SHOW UP ON TIME, DOORS OPEN AT 12:00, REGISTRATION ENDS AT 1:30. Let me know if I left anything out!

Gea

Smash Master
Interesting ruleset. There is a decent chance of me showing up, depending on family stuff.

redongor

Smash Rookie
I have been waiting for a smash tournament that fits with my calendar since June! Count me in! Can't wait for this! By the way, I can probably give someone a ride if they live in Houston and can't make it :)

redongor

Smash Rookie
By the way, is bringing setups encouraged? Or any specific part of a setup? Also, what does a setup consist of in your opinion?

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
By the way, is bringing setups encouraged? Or any specific part of a setup? Also, what does a setup consist of in your opinion?
Bringing setups is definitely encouraged. I define a setup as a cube+melee and a tv, but if you can only bring a cube+melee or a tv that's awesome too.

I'm glad to hear that you might be able to make it Gea, I hope to see you there!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
baka told me that he and sung will probably come, i'll make a post when it's official though

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If I come, do you mind if I bring recording setup?

Gea

Smash Master
Would be cool to see Baka again. Just a question. Not complaining, but who no venue fee?

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Would be cool to see Baka again. Just a question. Not complaining, but who no venue fee?
They didn't charge for the venue since it is in a separate room that they don't use so it doesn't detract from their business, and also because it is expected that at least some of us will eat there, I know I will.

redongor

Smash Rookie
Bringing setups is definitely encouraged. I define a setup as a cube+melee and a tv, but if you can only bring a cube+melee or a tv that's awesome too.
What about controllers and memory cards? And for the tvs, does LCD or CRT matter to you?

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
What about controllers and memory cards? And for the tvs, does LCD or CRT matter to you?
Don't worry about memory cards if you're missing one, but make sure you bring your own TV. CRT tvs are the only tournament legal tv as anything else has too much lag.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
People usually bring their own controllers, so you only need to bring one for yourself. The tv has to be a CRT, and if you bring a cube, go ahead and bring a memory card with it. I'm guessing this is your first tournament?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
dude hype lets go. frisbie me and sung confirmed baby.

Gea/Robert it'd be tight to see you again, it's been wayy too long dude

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I might just Megabus my way over since SA tends to not travel much. Anyone that could give me a lift to and from the bus stop?

:phone:

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Frisbie, you're the best.

I have a big guest room at my house AND a spare apartment so I can house as many people as needed.

I might just Megabus my way over since SA tends to not travel much. Anyone that could give me a lift to and from the bus stop?
I assume I'll be able to. You should try to bring SOS and the rest of SA as well.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I'm coming with QPAC (maybe some others)

Bringing a full setup most likely. Will semi-finals be 2/3 or 3/5?

Lastly, could anyone house us the night before? (Coming from Dallas)
Awesome, glad you can make it! Semi-finals will be 3/5, I'm glad you asked.

dude hype lets go. frisbie me and sung confirmed baby.

Gea/Robert it'd be tight to see you again, it's been wayy too long dude
Awesome!! SUPER HYPE!!!

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Frisbie, you're the best.

I have a big guest room at my house AND a spare apartment so I can house as many people as needed.

I assume I'll be able to. You should try to bring SOS and the rest of SA as well.
Do I smell a pre-tourney Hannah fest?

Also, I made this

redongor

Smash Rookie
People usually bring their own controllers, so you only need to bring one for yourself. The tv has to be a CRT, and if you bring a cube, go ahead and bring a memory card with it. I'm guessing this is your first tournament?
Yes it is my first tourney :p I had assumed all this, but just wanted to confirm. One final question (for now, at least), is there a size minimum for the tvs? I can bring possibly two full setups, maybe three.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Yes it is my first tourney :p I had assumed all this, but just wanted to confirm. One final question (for now, at least), is there a size minimum for the tvs? I can bring possibly two full setups, maybe three.
You can bring any size tv you want, so far i have never not played on a tv because it is too small. And that's awesome that you can bring that many setups!

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Of course! If the people I'm housing are ok with it that is.
I am always down to play and help people learn (not that I'm amazing myself or anything)

This tournament is looking great, and so far I see no problems with the venue (has space, food, and most likely AC PLUS no venue fee!?)

Lastly, if anyone wants to MM I'll be super down $5 min plz, if anyone wants to do less, then let's just play a serious friendly set

Top Bottom