• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Wavedash Uses?

BagrB0y

Smash Cadet
Its commonly said that Zelda's Wavedash is basically useless, but I feel like it might be an unexplored option.

I.E. Could you wavedash OOS to a short hop kick for spacing, or could wavelanding onto a platform be relevant?

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's wave dash is not useless : p It's significantly faster than her run.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
I think WD is useful for every character in various cases. As in Zelda, her short length WD isn't good but doing long length ones is pretty useful. She can fair or bair sweet spot to space, but the ratio of hitboxes being out to the lag of WD, jumping again then the lag of the attack and the landing lag (even if L-canceled) is a lot. Though, wave landing on platforms is good for her overall moviement.

Victawr

Smash Cadet
Shorthop -> bair/fair -> waveland is a very good spacing option to keep your movement going.

Also a really good option to move into a quick tilt.

Wavedash edge cancelling is a perfect follow up into bair/fair as well.

In general its a good spacing option for most characters.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Wavedash jab is pretty good. Spaced jab is just a pretty good option in general, because it's not really a commitment if the opponent isn't in a position where they can jump over it (and it can set up mixups for you).

Last edited:

Meshmaster101

Smash Cadet
on fountain when the platforms are low you can short hop, waveland off the platform and throw out a bair, which is significantly faster than a normal short hop fair for smaller characters.

Top Bottom