• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rant / Other Possible to enjoy online?

jJOEe

Smash Rookie
Maybe I would enjoy offline play, but it is impossible for me to get regular offline play where I live unfortunately and I can't do offline. I think Ultimate is really cool but I think the online just kills it for me. Everyone knows the problem with quickplay and while I would like arena some times you get into a situation where you are playing against someone far better than yourself in a 1v1 arena and they have been ****ting on you for like the past hour, or maybe they just play sonic, and I don't want to be a **** and kick them but I want to play another opponent. Is online cursed to fail? If there is no super secret to enjoying online I will probably just stop playing which would be a shame.

PURGE THEM LIKE THE

Smash Apprentice
For arenas I limit each opponent to a best of 5. The closest you'll get to having matchmaking is by making your arena elite only. It's not the most ideal solution; peeps often will still leave after one match or lag it up, and sometimes it takes forever to get an opponent, but it's the least frustrating way to fight randoms in this game that I can think of. You should be very liberal with your kicks. You're playing the game for your own enjoyment.

There exist discord servers dedicated to each character. You could find peeps to fight in them, though you might have to be quite proactive in your hunt.

Top Bottom