• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible **** Tech, not sure, test please

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Basically, I was fooling around with jab cancel in training, and I'm about 85% sure that Jab cancel into grab is guarenteed for wolf on other chars. So think about this.

One jab = one grab

One grab = about 1-9 grab attacks, depending on %

= dthrow for about 13-21% damage.

So if you have a fresh jab, followed by a grab with 9 grab attacks with a fresh down throw, thats 24%. Thats a quarter stock for half the cast. Test nao my ppl

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
personally jabbing twice into a grab works better than jabbing once, but its really good for wolf seeing how he slides when he dash grabs.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure (Not entirely) that the second jab takes longer to retract (And thus longer time between the second jab and the grab), so it's probably more efficient to do one jab then grab. However if you wanted to mix it up and do the full jab combo, but realize that they're still shielding... then by all means, go for the grab ^_^

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure (Not entirely) that the second jab takes longer to retract (And thus longer time between the second jab and the grab), so it's probably more efficient to do one jab then grab. However if you wanted to mix it up and do the full jab combo, but realize that they're still shielding... then by all means, go for the grab ^_^
Well the gap after the 2nd hit won't seem as large if you do a d-smash after the 2nd hit without jab cancelling at first, but the trick is still pretty unsafe if the opponent knows what you are doing.

But I don't think you can jab-jab-grab since the 2nd hit has a bit of knockback, pushing the target out of grab range without dashing, but that's just my memory of Wolf's jab game.

You MIGHT be able to jab-grab, but I think it all depends on the target's grabbable box.

IMO Wolf's jab itself is good, its just that the options you can do out of it safely are pretty minimal. D-tilt's a nice move to jab cancel at low percents because of the trip, that's the only option I can think of atm.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
It's a mixup thing, any defensive option that they do, you can counter it. If they start to spotdodge expecting jab -> Grab, then why not finish the combo and punish them for it?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
It's a mixup thing, any defensive option that they do, you can counter it. If they start to spotdodge expecting jab -> Grab, then why not finish the combo and punish them for it?
Because DDD is gay and can spot dodge entire jab combos. Or powershield 2nd or third hit after dodge. Or Faux Super Armor grab you through one of the hits. -_-'

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
DDD hard counters Wolf anyway xD And I'm pretty sure if you wait between the first and second jab (Because you were intending to grab but then changed your mind) that it'll hit... I dunno, it depends on the situation.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Snake and ROB also have ******** spotdodges. Although jab -> grab is worth using against shieldwhores

Top Bottom