• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Samus Tech?

Iblis_Doomed

Smash Rookie
Has anyone else noticed that Zair has the potential to hit an opponent twice? I was playing around with it in training mode and it looked like if you could proc the second hit of zair, you'd get an easy charge shot. I posted a vided to try and show it better but forgive the potato quality. The way I had the phone set up also cut off the combo counter, but I encourage you to try it yourself, charge shot does combo off of the SECOND hit of that zair, not the first hit.

Coopachabra

Smash Rookie
I noticed the double hit too. I haven't tried it out in training, but in CPU matches, I have used it to combo into charge shot. It may only be good on taller characters that you can hit easily when they're on the ground.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Samus Down B at the ledge could possibly be something used to set up for kills

Last edited:

Bahful

Smash Apprentice
Samus Down B at the ledge could possibly be something used to set up for kills
Yes to this, I was playing some online matches last night and started experimenting with laying bombs by the edge as an opponent would try to climb back on. The hitstun was often enough to land me a few spike kills. Occasionally, if I messed up, I'd either sour spot or bounce them off the ground which lead to an aerial follow-up.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Yes to this, I was playing some online matches last night and started experimenting with laying bombs by the edge as an opponent would try to climb back on. The hitstun was often enough to land me a few spike kills. Occasionally, (if I messed up, I'd either sour spot or bounce them off the ground which lead to an aerial follow-up.)
Samus Improvisation is pretty good.
Certain percentages Dair can set up for K.O.s because the stun is crazy

Savage1

Smash Rookie
Yes to this, I was playing some online matches last night and started experimenting with laying bombs by the edge as an opponent would try to climb back on. The hitstun was often enough to land me a few spike kills. Occasionally, if I messed up, I'd either sour spot or bounce them off the ground which lead to an aerial follow-up.
I've also gotten a few charge shots hits in from setting bombs ahead of me while the enemy tried to rush me. Although this might only work for now because many players don't know that Samus's bombs also work as proximity bombs when they touch another player. Once that gets figured out, it'll have to be used as more of a stage control tactic.

Manic Glint

Smash Rookie
NNID
AmphyTheDragon
I've had some success using bombs with uptilt, the bomb lifts em off the ground so the uptilt can launch them sideways. Haven't tested actual combo percents but I've definitely gotten kills doing this near the edge.

Top Bottom