• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Online Multiplayer Modes Discussion (Wishful thinking encouraged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
In depth discussion is not to be started yet. The current goal is to create a rough community-made list of ideas before we really discuss and fine-tune some of them.

In this thread, I propose we suggest and speculate on ideas to optimize online content for the Smash game(s) that will eventually release on the Switch. Some ideas won't coexist with others but that's OK. I may highlight a few of the most seemingly crucial ones to have in future Smash games. I'd appreciate if it you tell me how to tidy up this thread.
  • Categorized public rooms with predetermined rules set by hosts
  • Co-op modes (May depend on online capabilities)
  • For Fun/Glory Team Smash team with an online friend option (Offline and online teams are separate)
  • Competitive doubles matchmaking mode (Offline and online teams are separate)
  • Separate With Anyone modes with Mii Fighters allowed (Automatically hiding other players' Miis' names optional)
  • Option to disable use of equipment for everyone in the room while keeping custom moves on (Locally, equipment can be easily detected by looking at the same screen. I hope equipment don't return)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom