• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new yoshi infinite combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
So I was messing around with Yoshi in training mode since its already been known that he has some weird glitches with and without custom moves. I decided to see what else his neutral b tongue attack could do. Anyways to the combo. The combo is performed by first successfully landing your opponent into an egg through his neutral b attack. At this point ANY moves that are connected onto the egg while your opponent is stuck in egg is considered a combo.

Now of course this is pretty standard stuff. It was already known in Super Smash Bros Brawl and even Super Smash Bros 64 that Yoshi could attack his opponent after trapping them in an egg.

The next step is a little tricky you need to make sure to follow up after your opponent breaks out of egg the instant (possibly a 1 frame window) that they fall out with another neutral B. This will lock them back into the egg and the next time they break out they will be stuck in an undiable hitstun until they hit the ground.

I think this might be the real reason why japan had Yoshi in top tier over a week ago, but they have been keeping this a secret. I've also recorded a video below to show this insane new technique.

I'd like to call this the SouthGod combo if no one has a problem with that

B0NK

Smash Lord
Wow, I didn't think this could be possible until I tried it myself in training mode. Nice find!

10/10 combo. This is the 2nd known infinite right? The first being ZSS on Robin?

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
So Robin just gets locked into infinites?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
That is insane.

So they can't do anything until they land, and you just gotta egg them again?

Funbun

Smash Cadet
I just tested this on Heavy Monado Shulk, Link, and Jigglypuff and I can confirm it works for at least them. I presume it'll work for all weight classes in between. This is going to be crazy!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Sadly it doesn't seem to work on Bowser, as he can move after he gets out of the egg.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Have you tried this against a human opponent? The training mode combo meter isn't reliable at all and will sometimes keep counting even if stuff was escapable.

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
Have you tried this against a human opponent? The training mode combo meter isn't reliable at all and will sometimes keep counting even if stuff was escapable.
hmm, you might be right. I can try testing tomorrow in person with someone for you

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I just tried against my friend.

He could attack while in midair, but he pretty much followed the same up-down trajectory, and he himself said it was legitimately hard to get out of it. He only did so on the off chance he was close to the ledge and fell, or I was too close and got hit by his air attack (though since the jump is high, this wouldnt serve as a counter to this combo)

He was using Ganon BTW

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I just tried against my friend.

He could attack while in midair, but he pretty much followed the same up-down trajectory, and he himself said it was legitimately hard to get out of it.

He was using Ganon BTW
Could he double jump? That would disrupt this easily. If not, airdodges and spotdodges?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
It's good that people like you come along, even if the truth hurts.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I fought a level 9 Link in Training mode (set it to attack) and Link was able to use a d-air after he broke out of the egg at 168%. Furthermore, characters are easily able to move in any direction they please once they break out of the egg.

Thor

Smash Champion
hmm, you might be right. I can try testing tomorrow in person with someone for you
Could he double jump? That would disrupt this easily. If not, airdodges and spotdodges?
It's good that people like you come along, even if the truth hurts.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I fought a level 9 Link in Training mode (set it to attack) and Link was able to use a d-air after he broke out of the egg at 168%. Furthermore, characters are easily able to move in any direction they please once they break out of the egg.
This.

On the plus side, this is a new and very easy way to max out the combo meter (at least as Yoshi). So there is that (for those who want to clear out the challenge boards).

Last edited:

B0NK

Smash Lord
Well, or you can just grab pummel to your heart's content...

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
This.

On the plus side, this is a new and very easy way to max out the combo meter (at least as Yoshi). So there is that (for those who want to clear out the challenge boards).
This actually got me the "do a 100 hit combo in training mode" challenge today lol

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I totally discovered this infinite yesterday.

Because of that, I hereby name this advanced technique toungewavecancelbouncevectorhoggoring

Last edited:

Nairo

Banned via Administration
there is no way this actually works on people im testing this out with someone using yoshi and me as both male/female robin and I can get away just fine normally with both lol

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ayyyyyyyyy

EDIT: To clarify this is not an infinite just a bug with the combo counting tool in training mode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom