• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new/reworked FS? - Discussion

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
If you guys have noted in the official footage of Ultimate's Robin: H/she is still an unfinished character. If you want to see for yourself note the Bronze Sword at the end of Thoron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBxtnTgUwcM Invisible sword is "there" too in the reveal trailer. Glitch or the character fighter still getting some animation tweaks.

However, this tells me there is more than meets the eye with Robin's tweaks in this installment - possibly a new Final Smash?

Now, people have been speculating and hopeful that Robin's FS gets reworked so Chrom has a shot at getting into the roster. If that were the case, what do you think could change?
My suggestion would be a different(stronger)version of Pair Up that randomizes various Fire Emblem Awakening units to make a cameo and not just Chrom: Tharja, Sumia, etc. But that's wishful thinking as that FS alone would require a lot of work.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I can't believe you caught that. I never noticed that Robin's sword disappeared toward the end.

As for his Final Smash, I think Blárraven would be a simple, yet effective attack. It's Robin's signature tome in Fire Emblem Heroes. To see it, skip to 1:59 in the below video. It could basically function similarly to Mario's Final Smash, only the ravens carry the enemy to the top of the screen instead of the side. Quite frankly, I would very much prefer this over a pair up-based Final Smash, as it would require less precision.

If they really wanted to jump outside the box, then they could have Robin summon Grima, whom would roast the enemy with its dark fire breath.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I think Robin's Final Smash should be some sort of Thunder magic, but otherwise original, like how Mario's Final Smash is a superpowered fire attack.

Altais

Smash Champion
I think Robin's Final Smash should be some sort of Thunder magic, but otherwise original, like how Mario's Final Smash is a superpowered fire attack.
Hmm, I have to agree with this, since Thunder is pretty much Robin's theme in Smash. That said, perhaps his Final Smash could be Mjölnir, in which he summons a giant lightning bolt from above. It could be close-ranged, but quick and deadly.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I have to agree with this, since Thunder is pretty much Robin's theme in Smash. That said, perhaps his Final Smash could be Mjölnir, in which he summons a giant lightning bolt from above. It could be close-ranged, but quick and deadly.
I disagree with the idea of Robin's Final Smash being Mjolnir. It's the strongest Thunder tome in Fire Emblem: Awakening and usable by anyone with the proper weapon rank, but it was originally exclusive to Reptor, Bloom, and Ishtar in Fire Emblem: Geneaology of the Holy War. It's not Robin's spell by any stretch of the imagination, so it shouldn't be used as his Final Smash.

Altais

Smash Champion
I disagree with the idea of Robin's Final Smash being Mjolnir. It's the strongest Thunder tome in Fire Emblem: Awakening and usable by anyone with the proper weapon rank, but it was originally exclusive to Reptor, Bloom, and Ishtar in Fire Emblem: Geneaology of the Holy War. It's not Robin's spell by any stretch of the imagination, so it shouldn't be used as his Final Smash.
Hmm, I have to agree about Mjölnir not being Robin's unique spell. That said, Blárraven technically isn't unique to him either.

Each Fire Emblem character's Final Smash relates to their own unique weapon/skill--Ike being based on his Aether skill, Roy's being based on his Sword of Seals, Corrin's being based on his Dragon Stone, and Marth's final smash being based on his unique animation in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.

In Awakening, the only skills I can think of that were unique to Robin were Ignis and Rally Spectrum--and I don't know how those would be incorporated. That said, the last idea I have left right now is Robin teleporting the opponent(s) on Grima's back, then blasting them with the dragon's breath.

[EDIT] If they do keep Robin's Final Smash as Pair Up (and assuming Chrom is playable), then I could see his new partner being Tharja--if nothing else, for fan service. It would also be fitting, due to Tharja's obsession with Robin.

Last edited:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Hmm, I have to agree about Mjölnir not being Robin's unique spell. That said, Blárraven technically isn't unique to him either.

Each Fire Emblem character's Final Smash relates to their own unique weapon/skill--Ike being based on his Aether skill, Roy's being based on his Sword of Seals, Corrin's being based on his Dragon Stone, and Marth's final smash being based on his unique animation in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.

In Awakening, the only skills I can think of that were unique to Robin were Ignis and Rally Spectrum--and I don't know how those would be incorporated. That said, the last idea I have left right now is Robin teleporting the opponent(s) on Grima's back, then blasting them with the dragon's breath.

[EDIT] If they do keep Robin's Final Smash as Pair Up (and assuming Chrom is playable), then I could see his new partner being Tharja--if nothing else, for fan service. It would also be fitting, due to Tharja's obsession with Robin.
It would be more sensible if it was more than just Tharja. Robin is a war tactician responsible for the fighting ability and perseverance of his friends' lives. When I stated my logic, I acknowledged that would be a lot of cameos(even if it were just...3 cameos), new models, voices to diversify Pair Up a bit. I do like the Grima idea though! If anything, the Grima teleport idea is more likely due to how Final Smashes work now in this installment; most FSes are like cutscenes.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
It would be more sensible if it was more than just Tharja. Robin is a war tactician responsible for the fighting ability and perseverance of his friends' lives. When I stated my logic, I acknowledged that would be a lot of cameos(even if it were just...3 cameos), new models, voices to diversify Pair Up a bit. I do like the Grima idea though! If anything, the Grima teleport idea is more likely due to how Final Smashes work now in this installment; most FSes are like cutscenes.
Most, but not all. Marth, Lucina, and Roy's at least still function almost the same as in Smash 4, and several others remain unchanged, like the Mario Finale and Zero Laser. I admit, I kinda like the idea of Robin's Pair Up calling in different units, like Lissa or Sumia. I feel like that would mean they should appear in his victory poses, though. Chrom shows up in one for Smash 4. It'd be pretty cool.

Maybe Robin could call in Lissa, Sumia, or Tharja to help out, with Lissa wielding an axe, Tharja mirroring Robin, and Sumia alternating between thrusts with her lance and kicks from her pegasus.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Well, now that Chrom is revealed(as a Roy EF), this means our tactician boi/gurl is going to get a reworked FS!

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if they'll drastically rework the Final Smash. Pair Up is far more representative of Robin's character and Awakening in general than any of Grima's powers. I'm personally expecting/hoping they'll simply give Robin a new partner, like Lissa or Sumia.

Top Bottom