• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible New Doc AT?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHbIR6qfj-c

I was messing around with Doc vs the CPU and then that at 0:25 happened. What I did was UpB out of shield. The hitbox came out but it got cancelled by something. It reminds me of Doc's old UpB cancel in melee. I'm not quite sure what I did, but maybe you guys can figure out how to replicate it. I haven't seen anyone talk about this, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't known. If it was, then I'm sorry. Also, sorry for the potato quality :p

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Hmm...yep, now that you said that, it makes sense. For a brief moment you can see bowser start a down b. The dream is dead :(

BloodL10N

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BloodL10N
Its interesting after slowing it down and then spacebar holding for even more slow-mo you exit the Up-b into a roll, there's a couple wonky physics with Doc's up B especially at the first 3 frames. If it wasn't a clash looks like you were bounced back into the stage by the initial hit teching into a roll.

I'm more confused by the 25-27 because Bowser wavelands?

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Its interesting after slowing it down and then spacebar holding for even more slow-mo you exit the Up-b into a roll, there's a couple wonky physics with Doc's up B especially at the first 3 frames. If it wasn't a clash looks like you were bounced back into the stage by the initial hit teching into a roll.

I'm more confused by the 25-27 because Bowser wavelands?
I didn't catch it guys I'm sorry, when did it happen?

And YEAH, it's Bowser's revenge for Melee where he could barely wavedash. NOW WHO'S SMOOTH MARIO?

Not only can Bowser waveslash using two of his custom side-B's, I read this in a Bowser thread:

"Bowser can slide backwards from a short hop while landing, while sliding he can do EVERYTHING like a wavedash let us do everything. It can be done by a few characters also.
It's a short hop forwards then rolling the control stick back then let it return to neutral to do a crawl slide back when you land right? If it is then there are a few other things you can do with it, it can be done after autocanceling Fair at the cost of distance but this also make it easier to perform on platforms. You can do it on platforms normally but it's incredibly hard because you can get a platform drop instead.

Now the reason you'd want to aerial to do this on platforms is because it could be incredibly good on Yoshi's Island. This is because when doing this while facing down a slope the slide distance is quite amazing even if you do it after an aerial I feel like this might have the potential to make Yoshi's a better stage for Bowser in certain match ups. I haven't found a great deal of uses either but it could probably be used for mindgames and baiting. For some reason I have a harder time using it while facing left, it still works though so I guess it's just a controller thing.

Finally, it's possible to do this out of a neutral hop as long as you press forward before doing the input before the crawl slide as you land, even with little to no momentum the slide should come out."

BloodL10N

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BloodL10N
Finally, it's possible to do this out of a neutral hop as long as you press forward before doing the input before the crawl slide as you land, even with little to no momentum the slide should come out."
The more you know! That's really fascinating I wonder what other characters can do stuff like this, I need a video

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
The more you know! That's really fascinating I wonder what other characters can do stuff like this, I need a video
Yeah, they mentioned it was actually on a few other characters but I'm not sure which ones or if it's a heavies thing. I think Ike had a sliding counter near the beginning, but I'll have to look more into it.

Top Bottom