• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible evidence to support claims of DLC channel?

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/nintendo-files-lawsuit-over-leak-of-company-secrets-91014.html

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141779

Now, I won't make a long winded post, but does anyone find it suspicious that days after the 'leak' on Brawl Central about a 'revolutionary method to add time to Brawl that Melee never got' or whatever, an article arises about Nintendo filing a lawsuit against some anonymous people for leaking trade secrets? I guess companies do things differently than they say, like Nintendo has supposedly said it doesn't want to support DLC, yet it might actually do it (Unlikely...?), or Koei says Warriors Orochi is gonna be the last Warriors game on PS2 and then turns around and releases Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends, Gundam Musou Special, and Warriors Orochi Rebirth of the Demon Lord on the PS2 mere months later.

Of course, there is only one discrepancy that could make or break the case that I can readily: King County may be a county in the U.K., while the rumor-spreader was hired by Nintendo of
America, and thus most likely lives in America...unless King County is the county that Redmond, Washington is located in?

EDIT: Ah, that's weird, it works for me. I'll repost the link, and then I'll post the link to the article that the news site I go to links to

http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/nintendo-files-lawsuit-over-leak-of-company-secrets-91014.html

Oh, and it appears the original link comes from a newspaper in Seattle, Washington.

http://slog.thestranger.com/2008/02/nintendo_files_lawsuit_over_leak_of_comp

okor

Smash Apprentice
Worked for me.

I'm not sure if I believe there is a connection, but that first article is interesting.

Break

Smash Apprentice
It works fine. I'll copy-paste here since you folks obviously have ******** internet browsers or something.
wraggster said:
Earlier this month, Nintendo filed an incredibly vague lawsuit in King County Superior Court against 1-10 “John Does.” The court filing claims the unidentified defendants “misappropriat[ed] trade secrets,” but does not give any context about the information that was supposedly leaked. Nintendo also doesn’t appear to know the names of the people responsible for the alleged leak, and the suit does not specify whether the “Does” are Washington residents.

Nintendo would not comment on the suit, so it’s anyone’s guess what this is all about.

It could be related to massive problems with pirated games on the Nintendo DS, or it could just be a pre-emptive strike at folks who like to tip off game blogs.

I’ve got a few calls out to try and see what’s going on in Redmond.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
first link does work, just has a dns server problem sometimes. =P

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
First link works fine for me. Not very convincing though, "trade secrets" sounds too vague to confirm anything.

Its possible.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
I googled for the article and found one. Interesting connections, however they're suing unknown targets? :\

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I find it quite interesting...it seems to add up, but as you all have said, it's quite inconclusive until real evidence is found.Still, it adds a small amount of credibility to this so-called 'leak'.

BTW, rancor1985, I noticed you're in Worcester...I actually live 20 mins away from that town in Leominster.Small world, eh?

Top Bottom