• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Big Leicester Upcoming Tournament!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Basically I've been in Leicester the past few days and my brother showed me a venue

Rileys!

(Will upload a pic soon)

Basically its a Pool/Darts club, the renting space is one side of the long venue which where they usually play darts + most of the front space where people usually watch the BIG GAMES on a projector.

This space can hold 200 people, but with tables + chairs I'm guessing about 100-130 people can be in that space
However! Not everyone has to be in that space anyway since that's only about 1/3 the venue, there are spaces around the pool tables and by the bar where you can get food + drinks for a semi-reasonable price.

Date? Maybe around May - July

Days? 1-3 Days, depends if Europeans are interested or if the UK community wants a 2/3 day tournament

Venue Cost? NOTHING or a very small price because of electricity maybe =).

TV's? They will provide the CRTs since they have 5 in each Rileys, they said gathering 15 would be no problem ,and maybe 20-25 would be doable =D

Willz, Brad and Cals also have about 5-8 t.vs

Housing! is a problem, I may go around Leicester and find a youth hostel deal which would probably be £5 a night with a good amount of people

Food! They also do catering so I may be able to get a cheap deal for everyone to have drinks + food at the venue =D

Travel! Easier for Midlands + Notherners, Londoners can book a coach + train together probably not costing more than £10-15. Europeans might find it hard getting to Leicester

An amazing fact about the venue is the fact they're very open with times, they will stay open till 4/5am if we want them to =)

So how would everyone like an awesome big tournament in Leicester!?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sounds sick, you already know im interested.

How can an event be unconfirmed yet I have won it already?

The venue deal is SICK, free or small fee and most of the money they want is just us buying food at the place.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
I'll house a few people and I'm sure Brad, Cal and Marni may house a few as well. If you really want to make this work though guys you're gonna have to find a hostel.

I can bring a few TV's and cubes down as well :)

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
I have about 5 TV's available, and Brad and Cal have about 1 each as well.

Leicester is a ****ing awesome place to hold tournaments. The town itself is sick. I'm sure I can get quite a few randoms from college coming to this as well. :)

I can go take a picture of the venue tomorrow if you want me to. Is this the Rileys you're on about?
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/1214/trainstationroute9.png

(This is from Willz' tourneys thread on the directions to mine :L)

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Btw, there's a bus which runs from East Midlands airport straight into Leicester, so if any Europeans wanna come, try and get a flight to there. I could meet people there and get the bus straight back into Leicester with em :D

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
hello hello hello whats this then?
I have 2 tv's could defiantly get more from family/cheap pawn shops

And as Willz said, I should be able to host a few peeps in my house and on a whole i had a quick look for hostels in Leicester and I couldn't find any, and the cheapest hotel in Leicester is this http://www.hostelbookers.com/hotels/england/leicester/42853/ twin room will cost £20 a night which is obviously 10 quid per person per night
Btw, there's a bus which runs from East Midlands airport straight into Leicester, so if any Europeans wanna come, try and get a flight to there. I could meet people there and get the bus straight back into Leicester with em :D
Yeah the skylink, runs 24 hours 7 days a week

But nice find fuzzy, actually hyped
Also happy to help out in anyway

Top Bottom