• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Banjo-Kazooie Skins (and a new idea for a Banjo Kazooie character)

Henrything4You

Smash Rookie
I was thinking about how the Banjo-Kazooie skins in Ultimate are kind of meh when it comes to what they could've done so I've come up with some suggestions for skins they could incorporate into the game.

Fat (or Gamer) Banjo Kazooie from BK: Nuts & Bolts:

This is what started this whole idea in the first place. We all hated the designs for Banjo and Kazooie in Nuts and Bolts, but the opening sequence where we see that Banjo and Kazooie are fat, lazy, gamers would be a pretty funny skin for them. I'm not sure if the fat part could be added due to the proportions of the model already, but the gamer side definitely could be added and played with. Kazooie sporting the headset (an updated modern headset) and adding something to Banjo would be a pretty cool nod to gamers.

Yooka Laylee:

This could be a fun alternative skin for Banjo Kazooie, using Yooka Laylee. For those who don't get the connection, Yooka Laylee was made by the same people who made Banjo Kazooie and called Yooka Laylee the spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie. While the game itself had some issues the main characters Yooka and Laylee would be perfect alternate skins for Banjo Kazooie.

Human Banjo from Project Dream and Dragon Kazooie from Banjo Tooie:

This is the final and most ambitious alternative skin I came up with for Banjo Kazooie. I know they already have Dragon Kazooie in Smash Ultimate, but Banjo looks the same so I came up with a unique way to make them both different. Just use the human, Human Banjo for this case, that was supposed to be the main character of Banjo Kazooie way back in it's early development when the game was called Project Dream for the SNES. It played like a typical adventure game, exploring and defeating enemies as you go. This would be a very clever easteregg and it makes sense for an adventurer boy to carry a backpack with a dragon inside it.

Those were three skins ideas I came up with for Banjo Kazooie that I think could be added. But there's one more thing I came up with relating to Banjo Kazooie. What if the magical shaman who aides Banjo and Kazooie in all their games, became a playable fighter. You could control Mumbo Banjo Tooie and you could base his powers based on the various spells he would perform throughout the games. There's even cool skins options for Mumbo such as Mingy Jongo from Banjo Tooie, who is the evil cyborg that looks exactly like Mumbo. You could even give him a female counterpart, Humba Wumba his shaman rival, as alternative skins like Villager and Pokemon Trainer. Just an idea of course.

FazDude

Smash Master
  • I think an alt with Banjo & Kazooie wearing tuxedos would be a better nod to Nuts & Bolts, since we see them wearing suits (or in Kazooie's case, just a bowtie) in the game's ending. Just adding gamer gear is kind of a stretch.
  • I think Yooka-Laylee would be much better as an echo for BK - I don't like the idea of the already limited costume slots being taken up by a character who isn't even a BK character (or even a reference to another Microsoft/Rare property).
  • Human Banjo would be kinda weird proportions-wise IMO. Dragon Kazooie is totally based, though.
  • I think we're fine with just having Banjo & Kazooie as playable characters from their franchise, but Mumbo Jumbo would be a nice addition - Humba Wumba's too different of a model to work as an alt, though.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd much prefer a homegrown Microsoft rep over another Rare rep, especially a second Banjo rep - feels kinda just forced for the sake of Nintendo connection as opposed to a proper representation for what Microsoft has done for gaming. Wouldn't mind Sabreman or a SOT pirate though.

I really like Edison's design and would love to see him in a finished game some time, but Smash isn't the place, especially when Microsoft provides so many more iconic franchises acquistions excluded (Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Windows, Age of Empires, Crimson Skies, e.t.c.) that even Banjo, a character from a popular and released game, is kind of a questionable choice when detached from Rare's history under Nintendo.

Top Bottom