• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porting Stages

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I feel dumb, but I can't port stages anymore (It's been a while) and there doesn't seem to be a decent walk-through on how to do it. (I may end up making one after I figure out how!)

I'm hacking Skyworld to make it not suck, and I did so by porting all of the models to a STGONLINETRAINING.pac file. I then redid/fixed the collision, etc so that everything was working, renamed the stage STGFINAL.pac, tried to load it up, and bbeeeeppp.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something stupidly basic, but I just can't remember for the life of me what it is. And no, the stage isn't larger than the old FD.

Also just for future knowledge - How to use .rel files would be nice. If I'm porting an FD stage to Skyworld, do I just take the .rel file from FD and rename it or something? I have absolutely no experience with them (not even seen one) so I'm likely way off-base there as well.

Thanks.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Oh cool. Is that in one of the stickies? I didn't notice it. :(

Anyways, I'll try the .rel thing to check if it crashes miserably. If not, \o/

Thanks. :)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Thanks Mewtwo_2000 (You need a less clumsy name to type!) - I'll try your method.

I actually tried just rebuilding by importing 2 from one stage to another, but I was getting crashes. Guess I wasn't doing the steps M22K was doing.

Urgh. Screw attaching collision to models. I can't fix this:

I have no idea why the right platform works. And have no idea why the others don't.

Here's a copy of the stage.

Edit: Fixed it, I guess. Attached all the collision to the one bone that worked, because I doubt I'll end up moving the platforms anyways.

Top Bottom