• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Same, but we will never have an answer as to why they couldn't put him in as a spirit when they brought back every other major Earthbound characters that appeared in Smash. They even went through the effort to give Ness and Lucas their friends in their FS!
Frankly it was his best shot, but after Ultimate, I don't see Porky making it as playable anymore, sadly.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Can’t be mad about anything really. I’ve always been neutral on Sora in Smash, but I don’t think you have to be a fan of him to see that this was a fitting way to end Smash DLC. Sure, there were more characters I’d rather have, but I’m already really satisfied with Ultimate. No use in complaining when it won’t change anything. It’s been quite a ride, lots of ups and downs. And there are still a few questions to be answered as to why certain elements are missing, but I think the bulk of what Smash is, has been represented well.

Now that Smash speculation is over for the foreseeable future, I’m not sure how long I’ll be sticking around. I’ve got quite a few other priorities in my life. I won’t say this is goodbye, since I’m sure I’ll pop in here and there with little comments, I just don’t know how frequently (or for that matter, how active the site will be now). I hope I’ll talk with you all again, but for now, take care my fellow Pigmasks, and thanks for the ride.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Same, but we will never have an answer as to why they couldn't put him in as a spirit when they brought back every other major Earthbound characters that appeared in Smash. They even went through the effort to give Ness and Lucas their friends in their FS!
Frankly it was his best shot, but after Ultimate, I don't see Porky making it as playable anymore, sadly.
Me too to some extent.
Sure it’s not IMPOSSIBLE, but I still feel like ultimate was his best chance.
I guess all we can do is wait and see what kind of game smash 6 is ( if we do get another smash) and if Sakurai continues working on the games

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Gotta believe the Absolutely Safe Capsule gag is real. It's feasible as the Mother spirits obviously had a series fan with a sense of humor behind them (Ness's Dad, Buzz Buzz). On the other hand, I'm unaware of any other spirits that have this sought of meta twist. Regardless, it's weird not seeing Porky's face in a game that has spirits for tutorial characters from 3DS street pass and majong. If we got a tweet or something confirming the ASC gag, we could at least smirk at it instead of being bewildered at this character's absence.

I only ever really saw Porky coming as DLC to promote a Mother 3 localization/remake/new game. It's still possible.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Gotta believe the Absolutely Safe Capsule gag is real. It's feasible as the Mother spirits obviously had a series fan with a sense of humor behind them (Ness's Dad, Buzz Buzz). On the other hand, I'm unaware of any other spirits that have this sought of meta twist. Regardless, it's weird not seeing Porky's face in a game that has spirits for tutorial characters from 3DS street pass and majong. If we got a tweet or something confirming the ASC gag, we could at least smirk at it instead of being bewildered at this character's absence.

I only ever really saw Porky coming as DLC to promote a Mother 3 localization/remake/new game. It's still possible.
Yeah that’s why I feel like porky isn’t in the capsule. The joke of him being in there is a little too out there and very few people in the community would have gotten the joke initially.
I still feel like the capsule was chosen because they needed something to be the strongest defence spirit in the game and honestly I can’t think of anything else it would have been other than maybe the Hylian shield or Deoxys defence form.
But yeah that’s what kind of stings for me, nothing to do with Sora or Porky not being a fighter but Porky just not being in the game at all.
Oh well. Is what it is I guess

Last edited:

FoursideKM

Smash Cadet
honestly it was probably just an absolutely safe capsule joke the whole time. It's not like the smash team forgot about porky when he has his helicopter, his song and an entire stage

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Gonna make a statement before cp11 and see if it will age like fine wine which it will most likely will.

Porky is not the last character and is in the Absolutely Safe Capsule which was an oversight
Aged like fine wine. I told you guys Sephiroth stole Porky's spot. There can only be one iconic villain

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I'm indifferent on Sora, never played KH but saw my brother beat the first and second games when they came out all those years ago, not a fan of the character but I liked the soundtrack a lot, and again, while I am indifferent on his inclusion, I think it's a respectable send off to Smash Ultimate.
Don't be sad, Smash is currently one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, it will eventually return with a new game, and when that happens, we must return too! We will support him even if we have to wait 1000 years!!! or 10000!!!

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Let's goooo!!!!!!! He is confirmed to be in the absolutely safe capsule! Congrats guys what a journey. Smash boards and 4chan were right holy crap. The joke flew over our heads lol

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Aged like fine wine. I told you guys Sephiroth stole Porky's spot. There can only be one iconic villain
The capsule isn't confirmed and wasn't an oversight. It was discussed to death. Assuming it is a joke, it would be a lot clearer if it used Pigma or the Cubivore Pig spirit in its creation.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Probably best not to dwell on it, what happened happened and we will probably never get a proper explanation. Believe what you wanna believe for why he’s not there

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Any news on the discord server some of you were talking about, so people here can keep in contact in some way? c:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Trolling/bait
The capsule isn't confirmed and wasn't an oversight. It was discussed to death. Assuming it is a joke, it would be a lot clearer if it used Pigma or the Cubivore Pig spirit in its creation.
Like what she said "We've been over this. He's been in the capsule since DAY 1"

Holy **** I cannot believe Sora and Sephiroth got in Smash before Porky. Lmao of course, the character with the most evidence towards it's "inclusion" does not make it in.
Patterns are broken all the time.

darling.. it's an absolute waste of time trying to argue with a child who believes debunked leaks from 4Chan, and, despite being shown the facts, still believes that Mother is a """dead""" franchise.

In my honest opinion, they're clearly influenced by the leaks circulating around, as well as the loud minority who spread them. Whatever they say is the truth because its "aCcOrDinG tO tHe LeAK" ... whatever WE have to say is just irrelevent to them.. I'm almost certain they're here just to try and get under our skin..
=__=
Lmao. Just came back here. "Debunked" when it came true. That's funny

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I like how you’ve come into the thread, claiming to be a Porky supporter and even having a Porky clay figure as your pfp for a while, yet most EVERYTHING you’ve said on this thread has been trying to “prove” how Porky isn’t/wasn’t going to be in Smash.

Ya, Porky didn’t make it in. But this is all speculation. Literally nothing that anyone says is proof for or against a character’s inclusion because, until said character is revealed/deconfirmed, we have no idea if any of our speculation is “correct”. Speculation is supposed to be fun. Not hard truth. Coming onto a character’s support thread with nothing but pessimism and trying to claim random arguments from wherever on the Internet as hard truth makes it less enjoyable for everyone involved. On the flip side, nothing that optimistic people are saying should be taken as hard truth either. However, it is much more fun to enjoy the ride over ruining it for everyone. I’m fairly certain most people on this thread always knew Porky was a long shot, but we chose to keep optimistic hope that “Hey, maybe there’s a shot.”

Clearly, it didn’t end up that way. But that doesn’t give you an excuse to continually bash everyone for trying to enjoy something, or having a dream. Besides, none of the arguments that have been presented can ever be confirmed other than the argument that “Porky isn’t a fighter in the game.” I never heard Sakurai give a reason for excluding Porky, so don’t act like any of the arguments against his inclusion are fact. Sure, maybe those arguments are the reasons Porky was excluded, but we’ll never know unless we receive confirmation from an official source. Maybe Sakurai just never thought of Porky. Maybe he did, but didn’t think he could make the character work. Maybe Porky is supposed to be in the ASC Spirit. But has Sakurai said anything on those matters? No. So please don’t go around touting some 4chan/SmashBoards user’s opinion as gospel. I’m not saying that you can’t/shouldn’t give reasons for why you think a character will be excluded, just don’t present them as fact because “4chan/SmashBoards user said so.”

Yes, they correctly predicted that Porky wouldn’t be in the game. Whoop de doo. I could’ve provided a thousand arguments for why Crash Bandicoot should/shouldn’t be in the game. I could’ve designed an entire character pack for Hat Kid. I even created a moveset for Octoling, one of my other most wanted characters. Guess what though? I’m just a random SmashBoards user. Does my creating a character pack/moveset guarantee the character gets in? No! Does my argument on why I want character X to be included guarantee said character is included? No! Anyone can make a lucky guess and back it up with any reason they want. For example, “Master Chief won’t make it in Smash because Halo is stupid.” Well dang, I’ve correctly predicted that Master Chief wouldn’t be in Smash. Guess that also means Halo is stupid, because that’s the reasoning I gave. Prediction was correct, so reasoning must be correct. That’s not how it works.

In the end, somebody else’s thought process never guaranteed that Porky wouldn’t be in. Only Sakurai’s thought process could do that.

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
I like how you’ve come into the thread, claiming to be a Porky supporter and even having a Porky clay figure as your pfp for a while, yet most EVERYTHING you’ve said on this thread has been trying to “prove” how Porky isn’t/wasn’t going to be in Smash.

Ya, Porky didn’t make it in. But this is all speculation. Literally nothing that anyone says is proof for or against a character’s inclusion because, until said character is revealed/deconfirmed, we have no idea if any of our speculation is “correct”. Speculation is supposed to be fun. Not hard truth. Coming onto a character’s support thread with nothing but pessimism and trying to claim random arguments from wherever on the Internet as hard truth makes it less enjoyable for everyone involved. On the flip side, nothing that optimistic people are saying should be taken as hard truth either. However, it is much more fun to enjoy the ride over ruining it for everyone. I’m fairly certain most people on this thread always knew Porky was a long shot, but we chose to keep optimistic hope that “Hey, maybe there’s a shot.”

Clearly, it didn’t end up that way. But that doesn’t give you an excuse to continually bash everyone for trying to enjoy something, or having a dream. Besides, none of the arguments that have been presented can ever be confirmed other than the argument that “Porky isn’t a fighter in the game.” I never heard Sakurai give a reason for excluding Porky, so don’t act like any of the arguments against his inclusion are fact. Sure, maybe those arguments are the reasons Porky was excluded, but we’ll never know unless we receive confirmation from an official source. Maybe Sakurai just never thought of Porky. Maybe he did, but didn’t think he could make the character work. Maybe Porky is supposed to be in the ASC Spirit. But has Sakurai said anything on those matters? No. So please don’t go around touting some 4chan/SmashBoards user’s opinion as gospel. I’m not saying that you can’t/shouldn’t give reasons for why you think a character will be excluded, just don’t present them as fact because “4chan/SmashBoards user said so.”

Yes, they correctly predicted that Porky wouldn’t be in the game. Whoop de doo. I could’ve provided a thousand arguments for why Crash Bandicoot should/shouldn’t be in the game. I could’ve designed an entire character pack for Hat Kid. I even created a moveset for Octoling, one of my other most wanted characters. Guess what though? I’m just a random SmashBoards user. Does my creating a character pack/moveset guarantee the character gets in? No! Does my argument on why I want character X to be included guarantee said character is included? No! Anyone can make a lucky guess and back it up with any reason they want. For example, “Master Chief won’t make it in Smash because Halo is stupid.” Well dang, I’ve correctly predicted that Master Chief wouldn’t be in Smash. Guess that also means Halo is stupid, because that’s the reasoning I gave. Prediction was correct, so reasoning must be correct. That’s not how it works.

In the end, somebody else’s thought process never guaranteed that Porky wouldn’t be in. Only Sakurai’s thought process could do that.
But I was right. I did remember Idon saying that it was completely reasonable for them to exclude Porky completely from the game and 17 people agreed with him.
D156EC65-EBAB-483B-A9C5-66257BB28B0C.png

found the image here
damn he was right

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
But I was right. I did remember Idon saying that it was completely reasonable for them to exclude Porky completely from the game and 17 people agreed with him.View attachment 334596
found the image here
damn he was right
Also this thread shuts tomorrow, just gonna say one last farewell to the speculation scene. See ya in a few years porkybros

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ah, this thread is shutting down too, huh? Dang, gonna be weird not coming to SmashBoards every day now. Might pop in every now and again to one of the social threads or something, but not entirely sure how frequent that will be. I wish nothing but the best for you all, it’s been a fun ride. Not sure I’ll be around for the next Smash game but I won’t be forgetting this journey anytime soon. Thanks all, I hope to speak with you guys again at some point. And if not, I hope everyone can enjoy all that Ultimate has to offer. Happy Smashing, all!

If you guys want, feel free to send a dm or a Discord FR my way (info. on my profile), just make clear that it’s you. Can’t guarantee I’ll be able to do much outside of conversation but hey, it’s a good way to stay in touch. Thanks again, guys!

:ness:

Top Bottom