• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
darling.. it's an absolute waste of time trying to argue with a child who believes debunked leaks from 4Chan, and, despite being shown the facts, still believes that Mother is a """dead""" franchise.

In my honest opinion, they're clearly influenced by the leaks circulating around, as well as the loud minority who spread them. Whatever they say is the truth because its "aCcOrDinG tO tHe LeAK" ... whatever WE have to say is just irrelevent to them.. I'm almost certain they're here just to try and get under our skin..
=__=
Yeah they’re a troll from a Porky discord.
But anyways, we now less than a week to go, guys and gals! I’m pumped for the final reveal!

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
And with Banjo too. So going full remixes with Porky is far from impossible.

My dude we are all aware that Porky is not relevant, that Mother is finished and that Nintendo is unlikely to pick him out of hundreds of characters. That won't make us stop supporting him. You've been going at this for five pages now. If he doesn't get in, he doesn't but every single of your post is basically asking us to stop asking or expecting him. That didn't work for the past months, with less than a week left that won't work either. Just be patient a little more, but it's tiring seeing every single one of your posts in this thread being "Porky is dead guys". Optimism!

To an extent, it'll never truly be debunked until we see the final character. I'm certain that the original poster also made the September post to recalibrate the release date, but we can't be certain for sure until October 5th.
Sorry for what I said. I think I'll just wait for October 5.

darling.. it's an absolute waste of time trying to argue with a child who believes debunked leaks from 4Chan, and, despite being shown the facts, still believes that Mother is a """dead""" franchise.

In my honest opinion, they're clearly influenced by the leaks circulating around, as well as the loud minority who spread them. Whatever they say is the truth because its "aCcOrDinG tO tHe LeAK" ... whatever WE have to say is just irrelevent to them.. I'm almost certain they're here just to try and get under our skin..
=__=
Sorry I was trying to compare Porky's situation to other third parties who have gotten in even though their series is "dead." Also, I tried to find patterns in the first party choices that were chosen for dlc. I did not mean to steer you guys away from supporting him.

1632937412300.png

I also found this post in the Sephiroth Smashboards thread. It really aged well lol

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm so excited with the final reveal drawing near.
What are your hopes besides, of course, the final character during the last Sakurai Presents?
Personally I'd like a little trailer a few minutes long featuring everyone as a final good bye from the team towards the fans.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I'm losing hope guys. Maybe Smashboards is right that we are overexaggerating Porky's importance. Porky's complete exclusion from the game makes sense and that he is in the capsule.
Mushroomguy12 showed me a list of first parties whose exclusions are more notable than Porky's exclusion.
Waluigi
Kamek
Poochy
Paper Mario
Toad
Toadette
Pauline
Birdo
King Boo
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong
Rhythm Heaven characters (Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, etc)
Isaac
Matthew
Metroid
Advance Wars characters (Andy, Sami, etc)
Slippy Toad
Peppy Hare
Krystal
Skull Kid
Impa
Midna
Ghirahim
Tetra
Ganon
Tingle
Bandanna Dee
Marx
Magalor
Adeleine and Ribbon
Dark Meta Knight
Susie
Ashley
Captain Syrup
Mona
Jimmy T
9-Volt
Kat and Ana
Elma
Rex
Octoling
DJ Octavio
Lyn
Tiki
Ephraim
Eirika
Hector
Anna
Claude
Dimitri
Edelgard
Euden
Viridi
Medusa
Hades
Balloon Fighter
Astral Chain Reps
Ring Fit Trainers
Tom Nook
KK Slider
Dillon
Excitebike
Ayumi Tachibana
Ray MK III
Glass Joe
Doc Louis
Spring Man
Ribbon Girl
Twintelle
Max Brass
Black Shadow
Samurai Goroh
Jody Summer
Dr. Stewart
Pico
Wonder Red
Louie
Brittany
Charlie
Starfy
Meowth
Eevee
Decidueye
Tons of Pokemon that I probably would break the page if I tried listing them all.
etc. etc. etc.

Also one guy compared Porky's exclusion in Ultimate to Diddy Kong's Exclusion as a trophy from Melee. And yes Porky(ASC) will never compare to Diddy Kong's absence as a trophy in Melee which was really sus.
Some chars on the list like susie are NOT more important than porky while others who arent on the List like Darkmatter are similar or more important than him
Still i have nothing against you if all the criticism you get makes you sad please tell me!

Zeox

Smash Champion
Gonna be honest bros, if the character doesn't ends up being Porky, my hope is that at least is a character that one of you always wanted and would be super happy to have them in the game.
If I cannot have Porky, at least I want that the final character is one that makes one of my fellow pigmask bros happy. (And if that pigmask ends up being me, even better :p)

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
What are your hopes besides, of course, the final character during the last Sakurai Presents?
Personally I'd like a little trailer a few minutes long featuring everyone as a final good bye from the team towards the fans.
Character wise? Porky is the only character I feel is “missing” (in my opinion) but there are some other characters like Shovel Knight, Balder, Akechi, Kris or Metal sonic that could be cool.
Trailer wise I would like a recreation or the “everyone is here!” Trailer but with everyone including the DLC this time

Last edited:

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
I'm with Pingpong on this one!!~ Two of my wishlist characters (Steve & Sephiroth) already made it in, so it's just Porky thats left for me!! - Id love to see more interesting first party picks too, like Paper Mario!! Although, I won't mind alot of the more "popular" choices either, like Doomguy or Crash for example!! I'm a gal with more of an open-mind to any character (except-ish for the ones I dislike for a fair reason maybe??) so really, I'm just excited to see what happens!!~

Gonna be honest bros, if the character doesn't ends up being Porky, my hope is that at least is a character that one of you always wanted and would be super happy to have them in the game.
If I cannot have Porky, at least I want that the final character is one that makes one of my fellow pigmask bros happy. (And if that pigmask ends up being me, even better :p)
Awwwee!!! thats very sweet of you, Zeox!!~ I'm with you on this one, too!! I hope, whatever happens, that your happy too, my fellow pigmask brotherin' !!~ <3

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
72 hours remain..
AWWEEE I love that figure!!! He's fun-sized!!! that's so cuteee!!! ;0; not long to go now, lads!!~

also, apologies for the random question but,, do any of you lovelies have any socials we could keep in touch on after the reveal? o: I'd love to be friends and chat more with you guyss!! (in my case, my discord tag is on my profile!!)

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
also, apologies for the random question but,, do any of you lovelies have any socials we could keep in touch on after the reveal? o: I'd love to be friends and chat more with you guyss!! (in my case, my discord tag is on my profile!!)
This is not a bad idea! Could way to make friends with people you have discussed with!

Still have my hopes on Porky! One of the many I would like to see and still high up on my list!

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
AWWEEE I love that figure!!! He's fun-sized!!! that's so cuteee!!! ;0; not long to go now, lads!!~

Sounds good! I was wondering the same thing. It would be cool to stick around with some of the Porky troop once everything is over.

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I saw this earlier this morning!!~ VERY interesting how Sakurai specifically chose a Mother/Earthbound themed stage when the direct is a mere day away!!

could he.. be taunting us? o__o;;
lads.. could this be it?!
I really don't think so. I would need to check out previous tweets a day before the reveal, but the only example I remember is Tekken being mentioned a month or so before Kazuya.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I saw this earlier this morning!!~ VERY interesting how Sakurai specifically chose a Mother/Earthbound themed stage when the direct is a mere day away!!

Highly doubt it, I wouldn’t think they’d be that obvious about it, but who knows. Either way, hoping for Porky or one of my other most wanted characters. But if I don’t get one of them, eh, not too big a deal. I’m beyond satisfied with Ultimate.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman

Not only that, two of those pictures have Porky's house in them. Never noticed it (and the meteor) was in the background honestly. Plus "The new fighter may be a character you do not know" gives me hope Porkbros...

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
Wait, where’s that posted?
Sakurai posted it on his official Twitter account!!~ Its pretty exciting and hopeful!!!~

wow porky in smash is looking pretty cool
Oh hai Fourside!!! - ahaha, yes I saw that too!!~ Its quite cute how he has mini-spider mech legs, and how Gir is almost like a Mecha-Porky!! It works out really well!! (I had a feeling Gir would be apart of his moveset as he was featured on the box-art!!)

The hype is now getting bigger than ever, lads!!!~ <3

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
With less than seven hours left to go I’m gonna make my last post before the final character reveal.
First off, it’s honestly crazy Porky made it this far without being properly deconfirmed, right from the very beginning he’s been mysteriously absent and even now that fact hasn’t changed.
I suppose in some ways it fits his character to have mysterious vanished from the timeline, awaiting his next chance to strike back, maybe it’ll be today hahaha.
Fingers crossed that today is the day we get our playable pig king, but whatever happens, it’s been one crazy ride and it’s been a blast meeting you all.
540356EA-0B50-44ED-84A4-BE67B955B754.jpeg

AaronOfDoom77

Smash Rookie
I haven’t posted here much, and this will probably be my last post here, but all I’ll say is that if Porky doesn’t get confirmed today, I’m gonna be pissed that not even his boss fight returned. He has his very own stage. Why couldn’t he be in the game in some form?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I haven’t posted here much, and this will probably be my last post here, but all I’ll say is that if Porky doesn’t get confirmed today, I’m gonna be pissed that not even his boss fight returned. He has his very own stage. Why couldn’t he be in the game in some form?
We'll have our answer in just a few hours!

Final prediction: We won't get just one character revealed but another surprise.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well ladies and gents, this is the end of the road. Whether he’s in or not, it’s been a fun past few years with you all. I don’t know that I’ll be very active on this site much after today, but I hope everyone enjoys the final presentation. Its been quite a journey thus far, and we’ll soon see what awaits us at the end. Let’s do this, one last time.

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
Awwwhh mann.. reading all of these posts is getting me a lil' emotional!! ;w;

Although I arrived a lil' later than the majority of you, It was an absolute honour to meet you all and to be apart of this wild journey, even if it was only for a short while.. Regardless who eventually gets revealed today, I want to thank all of you for making this thread/discussion even more special than I ever expected,, it's been so much fun, and I enjoyed every minute!!

Until we all meet again someday. <3

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Awwwhh mann.. reading all of these posts is getting me a lil' emotional!! ;w;

Although I arrived a lil' later than the majority of you, It was an absolute honour to meet you all and to be apart of this wild journey, even if it was only for a short while.. Regardless who eventually gets revealed today, I want to thank all of you for making this thread/discussion even more special than I ever expected,, it's been so much fun, and I enjoyed every minute!!

Until we all meet again someday. <3
You still better post art though.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Look, whatever happens, happens.
Don't be disappointed if it's not Porky (because to be fair, there's a high chance is not going to be him), try to always look at the optimistic side, even if we don't get the character we wanted there will be a different group of people that will be very happy with that character, and besides, if he's not added, it wouldn't be the end of the world, there will always be the next smash ;P

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I really enjoyed the final trailer! Unfortunately it was not Porky, but we got a nice ending after all.
What about you guys, did you enjoy it?

Top Bottom