• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Awwee!! you guys are too sweet!! >///<

Okay!! I'll start off by showing this one!!~ Although its still a biiit of a work in progress, I'm currently re-drawing Porky's SSBB render in my style, using his Trophy from Wii U as a reference for the posing!! (since it's also my favourite trophy eehee) - Ive only rendered the spider mech and one of the Mecha-Porky's so far, but it's turning out to be one of my absolute favourites!!~ I'll definitely send the final thing when it's complete!!~

Not bad. Not bad at all. We grant you the rank of honorary member of the Porky army.

FoursideKM

Smash Cadet
Awwee!! you guys are too sweet!! >///<

Okay!! I'll start off by showing this one!!~ Although its still a biiit of a work in progress, I'm currently re-drawing Porky's SSBB render in my style, using his Trophy from Wii U as a reference for the posing!! (since it's also my favourite trophy eehee) - Ive only rendered the spider mech and one of the Mecha-Porky's so far, but it's turning out to be one of my absolute favourites!!~ I'll definitely send the final thing when it's complete!!~

This is incredible so far

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
1FA9F4CD-6DEA-4E10-A6EB-8A9BECAC112C.jpeg

the only art I have had “made” was something I commissioned an artist to make a few years ago.
It’s based on the special art all the newcomers received back in smash 4 but this is an idea for if Porky received one

Last edited:

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
Double post
the only art I have had “made” was something I commissioned an artist to make a few years ago.
It’s based on the special art all the newcomers received back in smash 4 but this is an idea for if Porky received one
WH- WH- YOU COMMISSIONED THIS?! NO WAY!!!

believe it or not, I used this exact artwork as my phone's lock-screen a few months ago??!! I always wondered how it came to be,, holy MOLY I'm shooketh ahaha!!

Also, thank you SO MUCH for the love on my artwork, guys!!! it means the world!! THANK YOU!!! I'll be sure to post more soon, don't wanna clog up the thread with a huge Porky art gallery ahaha!!! xD

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think the reality with Porky is that he was definitely intended to be put in the game during its development, as evidenced by the whole missing Spirit situation. But somewhere along the way they just didn’t have enough time to create a good moveset and everything, and in the end Porky was likely just scrapped, Spirit missing and all. Now you could say he could’ve had released as a DLC intended for the first roster like Plant but making multiple characters takes time so I guess Plant was the preferred DLC to make. As for the Fignters Pass, let’s be real. When Nintendo is calling the shots for characters instead of Sakurai, we’re never gonna get Porky.
Man... The truth in this. Can you believe Sephiroth got in Smash before Earthbound's on the switch? Damn people thought Porky was obvious (at the start) because of the missing spirit when Sephiroth was right there.

Last edited:

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
If we do get Porky, we should all do a Porky only smash tournament to determine the best pig king in the threads
OHHOHOHH that would be legendary ahaha- we could all maybe do it in a giant voice call too!!! I'm in!!

(..I'd more than likely loose quite quickly, but I'd do it for the FUN!!)

Also, good afternoon guys!! I hope you all have a lovely day today!~ We only have 9 days to go!!

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Man... The truth in this. Can you believe Sephiroth got in Smash before Earthbound's on the switch? Damn people thought Porky was obvious (at the start) because of the missing spirit when Sephiroth was right there.
At the same time, a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was obvious for inclusion at some point, yet they only added a character from it after Steve, Sephiroth and all of the first pass more than two years later.
Porky is in my opinion the last character with anything obvious going on for him. It might not happen but with 9 days left I'm allowing myself some optimism.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
At the same time, a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was obvious for inclusion at some point, yet they only added a character from it after Steve, Sephiroth and all of the first pass more than two years later.
Porky is in my opinion the last character with anything obvious going on for him. It might not happen but with 9 days left I'm allowing myself some optimism.
Guess Patterns are broken sometimes. Porky will only be the "obvious" inclusion to not become a fighter. I think Wyvy is right that the asc is Porky which is probably all we are going to get with all the logic she brought up. The spirits team chose the spirits, not Sakurai. Also spirits team is the same team that uses fan sprites from deviantart. We're talking about the last character who is going to have a CGI trailer. Porky doesn't really deserve a CGI trailer with his small status compared to other iconic villains like K Rool, Ridley, and Sephiroth.

Also, Sony is the reason why Earthbound is not on the switch and all of their songs in Smash are remixes.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Guess Patterns are broken sometimes. Porky will only be the "obvious" inclusion to not become a fighter. I think Wyvy is right that the asc is Porky which is probably all we are going to get with all the logic she brought up. The spirits team chose the spirits, not Sakurai. Also spirits team is the same team that uses fan sprites from deviantart. We're talking about the last character who is going to have a CGI trailer. Porky doesn't really deserve a CGI trailer with his small status compared to other iconic villains like K Rool, Ridley, and Sephiroth.

Also, Sony is the reason why Earthbound is not on the switch and all of their songs in Smash are remixes.
The “deserving” argument is very subjective. Some could argue that someone like K Rool or Pyra or some other choice didn’t “deserve” one but it’s all down to opinion.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
I argued with an eb fan saying that Sony is the reason why earthbound is on the switch and why earthbound only has remixes in smash. The eb fan I argued with said that sony is not an issue and they owned the remixes. I asked him for proof with links, but he just blocked me and banned me. I'm still sticking to the fact Sony is the main reason for Earthbound's absence and absence of original songs in Smash.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I argued with an eb fan saying that Sony is the reason why earthbound is on the switch and why earthbound only has remixes in smash. The eb fan I argued with said that sony is not an issue and they owned the remixes. I asked him for proof with links, but he just blocked me and banned me. I'm still sticking to the fact Sony is the main reason for Earthbound's absence and absence of original songs in Smash.
It's possibly one reason for only having remixes in Smash, but it's really not an issue for the games on Switch, as they already released them on Wii U and 3DS.
I'm on the side that they would effectively only add remixes with Porky if he is added, which is not a big issue, Sakurai is good with remixes.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
It's possibly one reason for only having remixes in Smash, but it's really not an issue for the games on Switch, as they already released them on Wii U and 3DS.
I'm on the side that they would effectively only add remixes with Porky if he is added, which is not a big issue, Sakurai is good with remixes.
Natural Killer Cyborg remix pls

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Welp it's too bad we'll never hear any other battle music in Earthbound besides Unfounded/Smashing. All our music luck got wasted on FF7.

(image removed; it was a 4chan post expressing frustration that Porky likely won't even get a spirit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just want to note my stance isn't strictly "he's in" nor is it "he's not in". It's that it's a lot more open due to potential errors. I've been more leaning towards "he's not in, but the capsule still represents Porky overall". In the same way if you hear "chaos control!" you know damn well it's a Shadow reference first. Shadow doesn't need to be there to know it's a reference to him. That's the kind of reference being made.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Can someone help me with why Sony music copyright is the main reason why earthbound still isn't on the switch

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the music doesn’t suddenly become an issue now lol.
It’s been ported three times already so they’re probably just waiting for whatever reason, similar to what they were doing with Donkey Kong country a while back

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, the music doesn’t suddenly become an issue now lol.
It’s been ported three times already so they’re probably just waiting for whatever reason, similar to what they were doing with Donkey Kong country a while back
Actually, if Nintendo doesn't have rights to the music, they need to license it each individual time for a full release. At any point the IP holders can say no, and thus, they have to figure out something else(which can be different music). Besides, the actual issue was a lot of the music was basically rip-offs of previous songs as is(just being basically an instrumental version at best), something they already resolved when they were able to port it over the first time around. Though to be fair, they may have to license the same people again each time they need to do a new release(port doesn't matter in that case). If it was unique music from Mother completely, there would not be such an issue.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
True, I suppose the best workaround would be to avoid the songs that take reference (Mr batty twist for example) to other pop songs and purely do remixes again.
I feel like if Nintendo was able to negotiate with square for FFVII music then mother should be possible

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't that take so much time, in fact too much time. They spent 6 months perfecting the Psycho Soldier Theme Remix. Imagine having to remix 15 different songs, that's even harder than getting music rights from Square Enix.

FoursideKM

Smash Cadet
And since Mother is already represented in smash you wouldn't need a crazy amount of songs

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
What if Smashboards was right? What if they were right about the ASC representing Porky?

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
What if they’re wrong? What if they’re aren’t correct about it? There’s literally no way to know for definite unless Sakurai explicitly says so

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Well they won't be wrong. According to the leak, it's Sora.
How do you know they won’t be? Plus there have been many, many “leaks” that conveniently say that a fan favourite character is in so I wouldn’t pay too much attention to “leaks” that come and go overnight

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
How do you know they won’t be? Plus there have been many, many “leaks” that conveniently say that a fan favourite character is in so I wouldn’t pay too much attention to “leaks” that come and go overnight
I know they won't be because Porky faces the hardest challenge such being from a dead and small first party series which makes people believe that his absence is not very jarring since the Smash team just doesn't care enough to put him in as a spirit. I mean they're right about Mother being a small series not much people would care about. Despite being one of the never evers, Sephiroth was very popular and his inclusion is justified being from a relevant series and the missing FF7 content aged like fine wine.

Porky is from a dead first party which is a different situation compared to dead third parties like Banjo and Kazooie whose games were major successes in the past while EB had flopped. As we have seen, all first party choices were promotional picks of recent titles on the switch. There has been no legacy nintendo dlc candidate for now. If a character is from a dead first party series like Mother, it is hugely unlikely they'll be a dlc candidate especially with Nintendo choosing the DLC.

The Sora leak actually has some credibility. It correctly predicted the date October 5.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I know they won't be because Porky faces the hardest challenge such being from a dead and small first party series which makes people believe that his absence is not very jarring since the Smash team just doesn't care enough to put him in as a spirit. I mean they're right about Mother being a small series not much people would care about. Despite being one of the never evers, Sephiroth was very popular and his inclusion is justified being from a relevant series and the missing FF7 content aged like fine wine.

Porky is from a dead first party which is a different situation compared to dead third parties like Banjo and Kazooie whose games were major successes in the past while EB had flopped. As we have seen, all first party choices were promotional picks of recent titles on the switch. There has been no legacy nintendo dlc candidate for now. If a character is from a dead first party series like Mother, it is hugely unlikely they'll be a dlc candidate especially with Nintendo choosing the DLC.

The Sora leak actually has some credibility. It correctly predicted the date October 5.
Just because it gets the date right doesn't make it credible; there's a three month window between now and the absolute latest time that the second Fighters Pass is supposed to be finished by (December 31st, 2021). I'm not sure when this supposed leak was posted, but given that Nintendo's consistently had a Direct every three months, and both Directs and Smash presentations seem to consistently happen between Tuesday and Thursday, it doesn't seem tough to pick a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday in September or October and wind up with the right date.

If there were screenshots, or a detailed description, that would be somewhat credible. If there was video (unlikely, but it happened with Smash 3DS and the ESRB leak), that would be even more credible. As it stands, it could just as easily be a lucky guess.

(then again, I thought that it was a coincidence that the reveal that wound up being Steve happened shortly before MineCon, so what do I know?)

EDIT: also, the person who was seemingly behind the "leak" admitted that it's fake - it's a Twitter thread containing screenshots from 4chan, so there's some crude language in there, at the very least.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman

A “small” series that Sakurai clearly values a lot to have given it as much love as he did.
Plus relevancy hasn’t really mattered since 2019 so I tend to not use it as an argument anymore
EFEB8150-C256-46DD-8CC7-5E30331646D7.jpeg

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
That leak has been debunked I believe
darling.. it's an absolute waste of time trying to argue with a child who believes debunked leaks from 4Chan, and, despite being shown the facts, still believes that Mother is a """dead""" franchise.

In my honest opinion, they're clearly influenced by the leaks circulating around, as well as the loud minority who spread them. Whatever they say is the truth because its "aCcOrDinG tO tHe LeAK" ... whatever WE have to say is just irrelevent to them.. I'm almost certain they're here just to try and get under our skin..
=__=

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
The majority of the the minecraft music tracks are remixes I believe, and I’m pretty sure it’s the same case with Pokémon too
And with Banjo too. So going full remixes with Porky is far from impossible.

My dude we are all aware that Porky is not relevant, that Mother is finished and that Nintendo is unlikely to pick him out of hundreds of characters. That won't make us stop supporting him. You've been going at this for five pages now. If he doesn't get in, he doesn't but every single of your post is basically asking us to stop asking or expecting him. That didn't work for the past months, with less than a week left that won't work either. Just be patient a little more, but it's tiring seeing every single one of your posts in this thread being "Porky is dead guys". Optimism!

That leak has been debunked I believe
To an extent, it'll never truly be debunked until we see the final character. I'm certain that the original poster also made the September post to recalibrate the release date, but we can't be certain for sure until October 5th.

Top Bottom