• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
My doubts are setting in. People are saying that CP11 was a most likely a very last minute addition. I'm not sure if Porky fits the bill. We have no knowledge that Porky was supposed to be part of the game. No acknowledgement from Sakurai. Plus unlike Pyra and Min Min, if Porky was "scrapped", they would most likely end up forgetting him because he won't really promote anything. Or maybe Earthbound just has too much content in the game with 2 fighters and 4 stages.
We didn't know Sephiroth, Kazuya and Steve were supposed to be part of the game. We only knew this for Steve since he was already on the table in 2015 -
according to Mojang's ex-business representative, and Sephiroth could have been the reason why they postponed FFVII content. Nothing official but it might be the case. Kazuya's only "hint" was Sakurai mentioning Tekken in 2015. It's unlikely they would spell out all the characters they wanted to add.

Porky has problems but I don't see a last minute addition being one.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Precisely; at the moment, most of the characters that aren’t deconfirmed are all as likely (or less likely) as each other.
We just gotta ride out the last few months of speculation with wishful thinking and hope by some weird miracle Porky is in fact the final fighter in the game
F73564FF-B062-463D-B1C7-C079E8F67BEE.jpeg

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Precisely; at the moment, most of the characters that aren’t deconfirmed are all as likely (or less likely) as each other.
We just gotta ride out the last few months of speculation with wishful thinking and hope by some weird miracle Porky is in fact the final fighter in the game View attachment 321643
My mind:
Really Porky as the final character of the biggest game crossover in history? That's laughable.
A third Mother character? You can't be serious. Even a third FF rep is more likely
He's just in the Absolutely Safe Capsule. It's a joke dummy

Last edited:

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Hey sign me up as a supporter.

I really think Porky should have been a Bonus character that got announced after Fighter Pass 1 ended (As an apology for Byleth being added).

I also hope Sakurai is nice enough to make a port of Ultimate and throw in Porky as a playable fighter.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Hey sign me up as a supporter.

I really think Porky should have been a Bonus character that got announced after Fighter Pass 1 ended (As an apology for Byleth being added).

I also hope Sakurai is nice enough to make a port of Ultimate and throw in Porky as a playable fighter.
Always cool to see new supporters.
Hopefully he does get in as the last fighter, his chances are low but not zero!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Really though? I would like Porky to get represented in some way in the biggest gaming crossover in history. Just getting a Spirit in this game can be a honor.
Honestly i sorta stop seeing smash as that great yeah its still one of if not the biggest crossover but Byleth for example was just Promotion and pyra really should hae been without Mythra!

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Honestly i sorta stop seeing smash as that great yeah its still one of if not the biggest crossover but Byleth for example was just Promotion and pyra really should hae been without Mythra!
Pyra was also thrown in for promotion.

Even forgetting her overally sexualized appearance (Along with Mythra) is disgusting (Since she's a teenager).

And that Sakurai clearly stated "Smash Ultimate is a celebration of gaming".

Throwing Pyra into the game is not celebrating gaming.

It's cashing in on whatever is currently trending and popular with Japanese teens in todays modern era.

How can Sakurai even call this a Celebration of Gaming when he's throwing in a character whose game is not even 1 year old yet?

I don't get it.

Especially since Pyra's and Mythra's Movesets, In my opinion, were just awful. Ripping off Shulk with no originality or creativity whatsoever.

Also. Porky should have been unlockable as opposed to just being a spirit.

Would it have killed Sakurai to throw in some unlockable hidden characters that weren't revealed yet to the public in Ultimate?

Again. Feel free to either agree or disagree.

All this is just strictly my own opinion.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

Even forgetting her overally sexualized appearance (Along with Mythra) is disgusting (Since she's a teenager).

It's cashing in on whatever is currently trending and popular with Japanese teens in todays modern era.

How can Sakurai even call this a Celebration of Gaming when he's throwing in a character whose game is not even 1 year old yet?

I don't get it.

Especially since Pyra's and Mythra's Movesets, In my opinion, were just awful. Ripping off Shulk with no originality or creativity whatsoever.

Would it have killed Sakurai to throw in some unlockable hidden characters that weren't revealed yet to the public in Ultimate?

Yeah weird how xenoblade has more reps than Earthbound i mean its a pretty iconic Franchise with the same ammount of Games!
Weird how everyone hated on Steve because he was super deserved!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

I don't get it.

You're certainly allowed to have your opinion. But I do like how different the characters are, as well as having a lot of old and new characters.
At the moment the DLC has been pretty fair in that aspect. The six first DLC characters were evenly split: Banjo, Terry and Piranha Plant for the "old" gamers, Byleth and Joker for the recent releases, Hero is a mix of both.

Second pass also gave us a good mix. Pyra/Mythra, Min-Min were, in my opinion, good additions to represent the early Switch releases, Kazuya is a nice representation of Tekken, and the two big names of this pass, Steve and Sephiroth, are directly satisfying the two opposites of the spectrum; Steve for the younger audience, Sephiroth for those who grew up in the era where JRPG were gaining traction.

Really, this DLC has been extremely great, even if it stopped now, despite me not getting some of my most wanted (I want Mimikyu, Waluigi, Rex, Rayman and Porky, and at the moment it's not looking good lol).

Sure, there are characters who are only added for promotion and not because they are "big stars" yet. But you do have to start somewhere. At the time of their inclusion, Lucario and Olimar were only added because they came from a game that released recently. Now, Lucario is still one of the most popular Pokemon, and Pikmin is one of the many series of Nintendo that's requested a lot. For Ultimate, Isabelle and Inkling are also pure promotional picks, but they have a solid fanbase behind them. Sometimes you'll have hits and misses (Sheik and Jigglypuff are, in my opinion, the two luckiest characters to be added in Smash at all), but for a few characters I didn't like that much, there are many I enjoy.

It is a celebration of gaming. One or two characters added just for promoting a game won't change the 70+ characters already in the game which includes Mario, Pikachu, Link, Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man, Megaman and a lot of others. Only sad thing in Ultimate is the lack of trophies, I did like reading some descriptions and learning about a game's story.

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
You're certainly allowed to have your opinion. But I do like how different the characters are, as well as having a lot of old and new characters.
At the moment the DLC has been pretty fair in that aspect. The six first DLC characters were evenly split: Banjo, Terry and Piranha Plant for the "old" gamers, Byleth and Joker for the recent releases, Hero is a mix of both.

Second pass also gave us a good mix. Pyra/Mythra, Min-Min were, in my opinion, good additions to represent the early Switch releases, Kazuya is a nice representation of Tekken, and the two big names of this pass, Steve and Sephiroth, are directly satisfying the two opposites of the spectrum; Steve for the younger audience, Sephiroth for those who grew up in the era where JRPG were gaining traction.

Really, this DLC has been extremely great, even if it stopped now, despite me not getting some of my most wanted (I want Mimikyu, Waluigi, Rex, Rayman and Porky, and at the moment it's not looking good lol).

Sure, there are characters who are only added for promotion and not because they are "big stars" yet. But you do have to start somewhere. At the time of their inclusion, Lucario and Olimar were only added because they came from a game that released recently. Now, Lucario is still one of the most popular Pokemon, and Pikmin is one of the many series of Nintendo that's requested a lot. For Ultimate, Isabelle and Inkling are also pure promotional picks, but they have a solid fanbase behind them. Sometimes you'll have hits and misses (Sheik and Jigglypuff are, in my opinion, the two luckiest characters to be added in Smash at all), but for a few characters I didn't like that much, there are many I enjoy.

It is a celebration of gaming. One or two characters added just for promoting a game won't change the 70+ characters already in the game which includes Mario, Pikachu, Link, Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man, Megaman and a lot of others. Only sad thing in Ultimate is the lack of trophies, I did like reading some descriptions and learning about a game's story.
Still doesn't change the fact I don't freaking like Pyra and Mytha at all.

I don't like their overally sexualized appearance in spite of the fact that they are teenagers. I don't want to go to jail or be hated by everybody (I'm not a pedo and I wish to be 100% celibate with no sexual desires whatsoever) just for looking at teens who look like strippers (Why couldn't they just be 30 year old women for Cinder Falls sake).

I don't even like Xenoblade at all. I don't like the confusing plot and story that makes zero sense (What is Rex even trying to accomplish in Xenoblade 2 aside from wonder around the country and kill certain monsters for legit reason).

I don't the like characters and how they all have zero motivation for traveling around the world aside from the plot telling them to do so (What's the ultimate goal in Xenoblade 2, What do any of the characters actually want, why do I need to care about them aside from them being the main characters).

While having no personality whatsoever.

I also don't like how the whole game is just a Harem Anime that only exist to be shipping wars the game (I also do not like Fire Emblem or shows like Fairy Tail and Sword Art Online for the same reason).

The locations are bland.

The music is bland.

There's Nothing about Xenoblade or it's spin off that makes it stand out from every other cliched JRPG in existence.

With the story being the same thing over and over again and again.

Seeing Pyra and Mythra in Smash does not make me want to leave my house and go purchase every single thing of Xenoblade merchandise.

Let alone buy 2 billion copies of Xenoblade 2.

Unless somebody can actually give me a reason to care about Xenoblade Beyond just "Your being too harsh on it" Or "Would you stop constantly complaining about everything".

Let alone give me a reason as to why I need to stop everything I'm doing and go play it.

I can't find a reason to care about Xenoblade.

Same deal with Joker, Luminary, Steve, Sephiroth, And Byleth.

Seeing them in the game doesn't magically make me want to buy their or check them out at all.

I don't even like Persona, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Or Minecraft.

I actually played Persona 3. And I hated it. Mainly because the story made no sense. The Main character was beyond uninteresting and had zero personality or charm.

And the game wouldn't play for me when I put a copy into my PS2./

So that turned me off from Persona.

Minecraft was just boring when I first played it.

All I did was just flood the mines and everywhere else and there was barely anything else for me to do in the game.

The DLC in my opinion. Was just disappointing and underwhelming. Not exciting (I remember getting so angry for having wasted my time waiting for the DLC trailers only for me to be let down that I destroyed multiple Nintendo games/Nintendo merch I owned and violently smashed my Wii-U into a concrete floor until it was completely broken).

A giant waste of time. And is not worth buying or purchasing at all.

I don't want to play as those characters (Byleth, Pyra/Mythra, Sephiroth, Steve, Luminary, Byleth, ect). I do not want to buy them at all. And I can't find a single reason to be happy for them being in the game.

This isn't helped by the fact that after the last DLC character is revealed (Just please let be someone like Crash, Doom Guy, A Resident Evil Rep, Bomber Man, Klonoa, Dixie Kong, Porky, Krystal From Star Fox, A New Zelda Character, A New Kirby Character, ect........ Or someone who's not another sword fighter or JRPG rep).

Sakurai will take a lifetime vacation.

With Nintendo deciding that Smash Bros should die and be forgotten about after Smash Ultimate is done with.

Just like how they killed Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Kirby, F-Zero, Splatoon, Kid Icarus and so many other franchises after their creators left (Really wish Nintendo had more faith in their properties instead only caring about three properties like Nickelodeon and DC Comics).

Just to put more Mario/Zelda remakes spin offs I didn't ask for or more boring Pokemon games I just don't care about.

"Sighs" and I was really hoping for an Ultimate addition of Ultimate that at least added the characters I wanted with all the old single player modes that are missing (I wanted the old single player modes to come back more than I did all the characters from the old games) and fixed up online.

I just do not understand why it is whenever I ask for something (A Good Smash Game With So Much Single Player Content And Character's I've been asking for decades, Me being celibate and feeling nothing at all, me being intelligent and not being autistic, me having a huge high paying job, me having a car that doesn't break down on me every 5 minutes, me getting some written works published, ect..............).

I almost never get it.

All I just want is at least one DLC character that's not a dumb sword fighter, that's not a dumb JRPG character, or a dumb "Let cash in on this new game" character.

Is that too much to ask for Sakurai?

And more importantly.

I just want a Smash Game that gives me all the old single player content from the previous games with a story mode that's fun to sit through instead of being a chore to get through.

I want Crash Bandicoot. I want Dixie Kong. I want Porky. I want Rayman. I want Bomber-Man. I Want Krystal. I want A Zelda Rep That doesn't rip off Captain Falcon or Link. I want a new Kirby Character. I want Earthworm Jim. I want the Mach Rider. I want A Rhythm Heaven Character. I want Hades And Medusa From Kid Icarus. I want Lara Croft. I want A Resident Evil Rep. I want Klonoa. I want Doom Guy with no sword. I want Geno. I want an F-Zero character that's not a Captain Falcon clone. I want an Advance Wars Rep. I want Chibi Robo. I want Mike Jones.

That's all I really want.

The best I can at least hope for is that some guy is nice enough to make a Project M mod of Ultimate to throw in that stuff.

Assuming Nintendo is evil enough as forcibly throw out a cease and desist letter.

Not much more needs to be said from me (I'm depressed even more now, thanks Nintendo and Sakurai). Good day and God bless.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Still doesn't change the fact I don't freaking like Pyra and Mytha at all.

I don't like their overally sexualized appearance in spite of the fact that they are teenagers. I don't want to go to jail or be hated by everybody (I'm not a pedo and I wish to be 100% celibate with no sexual desires whatsoever) just for looking at teens who look like strippers (Why couldn't they just be 30 year old women for Cinder Falls sake).

I don't even like Xenoblade at all. I don't like the confusing plot and story that makes zero sense (What is Rex even trying to accomplish in Xenoblade 2 aside from wonder around the country and kill certain monsters for legit reason).

I don't the like characters and how they all have zero motivation for traveling around the world aside from the plot telling them to do so (What's the ultimate goal in Xenoblade 2, What do any of the characters actually want, why do I need to care about them aside from them being the main characters).

While having no personality whatsoever.

I also don't like how the whole game is just a Harem Anime that only exist to be shipping wars the game (I also do not like Fire Emblem or shows like Fairy Tail and Sword Art Online for the same reason).

The locations are bland.

The music is bland.

There's Nothing about Xenoblade or it's spin off that makes it stand out from every other cliched JRPG in existence.

With the story being the same thing over and over again and again.

Seeing Pyra and Mythra in Smash does not make me want to leave my house and go purchase every single thing of Xenoblade merchandise.

Let alone buy 2 billion copies of Xenoblade 2.

Unless somebody can actually give me a reason to care about Xenoblade Beyond just "Your being too harsh on it" Or "Would you stop constantly complaining about everything".

Let alone give me a reason as to why I need to stop everything I'm doing and go play it.

I can't find a reason to care about Xenoblade.

Same deal with Joker, Luminary, Steve, Sephiroth, And Byleth.

Seeing them in the game doesn't magically make me want to buy their or check them out at all.

I don't even like Persona, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Or Minecraft.

I actually played Persona 3. And I hated it. Mainly because the story made no sense. The Main character was beyond uninteresting and had zero personality or charm.

And the game wouldn't play for me when I put a copy into my PS2./

So that turned me off from Persona.

Minecraft was just boring when I first played it.

All I did was just flood the mines and everywhere else and there was barely anything else for me to do in the game.

The DLC in my opinion. Was just disappointing and underwhelming. Not exciting (I remember getting so angry for having wasted my time waiting for the DLC trailers only for me to be let down that I destroyed multiple Nintendo games/Nintendo merch I owned and violently smashed my Wii-U into a concrete floor until it was completely broken).

A giant waste of time. And is not worth buying or purchasing at all.

I don't want to play as those characters (Byleth, Pyra/Mythra, Sephiroth, Steve, Luminary, Byleth, ect). I do not want to buy them at all. And I can't find a single reason to be happy for them being in the game.

This isn't helped by the fact that after the last DLC character is revealed (Just please let be someone like Crash, Doom Guy, A Resident Evil Rep, Bomber Man, Klonoa, Dixie Kong, Porky, Krystal From Star Fox, A New Zelda Character, A New Kirby Character, ect........ Or someone who's not another sword fighter or JRPG rep).

Sakurai will take a lifetime vacation.

With Nintendo deciding that Smash Bros should die and be forgotten about after Smash Ultimate is done with.

Just like how they killed Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Kirby, F-Zero, Splatoon, Kid Icarus and so many other franchises after their creators left (Really wish Nintendo had more faith in their properties instead only caring about three properties like Nickelodeon and DC Comics).

Just to put more Mario/Zelda remakes spin offs I didn't ask for or more boring Pokemon games I just don't care about.

"Sighs" and I was really hoping for an Ultimate addition of Ultimate that at least added the characters I wanted with all the old single player modes that are missing (I wanted the old single player modes to come back more than I did all the characters from the old games) and fixed up online.

I just do not understand why it is whenever I ask for something (A Good Smash Game With So Much Single Player Content And Character's I've been asking for decades, Me being celibate and feeling nothing at all, me being intelligent and not being autistic, me having a huge high paying job, me having a car that doesn't break down on me every 5 minutes, me getting some written works published, ect..............).

I almost never get it.

All I just want is at least one DLC character that's not a dumb sword fighter, that's not a dumb JRPG character, or a dumb "Let cash in on this new game" character.

Is that too much to ask for Sakurai?

And more importantly.

I just want a Smash Game that gives me all the old single player content from the previous games with a story mode that's fun to sit through instead of being a chore to get through.

I want Crash Bandicoot. I want Dixie Kong. I want Porky. I want Rayman. I want Bomber-Man. I Want Krystal. I want A Zelda Rep That doesn't rip off Captain Falcon or Link. I want a new Kirby Character. I want Earthworm Jim. I want the Mach Rider. I want A Rhythm Heaven Character. I want Hades And Medusa From Kid Icarus. I want Lara Croft. I want A Resident Evil Rep. I want Klonoa. I want Doom Guy with no sword. I want Geno. I want an F-Zero character that's not a Captain Falcon clone. I want an Advance Wars Rep. I want Chibi Robo. I want Mike Jones.

That's all I really want.

The best I can at least hope for is that some guy is nice enough to make a Project M mod of Ultimate to throw in that stuff.

Assuming Nintendo is evil enough as forcibly throw out a cease and desist letter.

Not much more needs to be said from me (I'm depressed even more now, thanks Nintendo and Sakurai). Good day and God bless.
True. All of the first party picks are so boring. Porky should've been added a long time ago in FP1 from the missing Giygas and Porky spirit. But nothing happened for the past 3 years which is reason why people feel he is so unlikely now compared to the start of the game. Sephiroth went from super unlikely to super obvious and Porky went from super obvious to super unlikely. Maybe in an alternate universe, the 3 first party picks were Porky, Rhythm Heaven, and Adeleine. Anyway, isn't Porky a JRPG character, but he doesn't use a sword? Porky's one of the great JRPG characters I would love to have.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Come to think of it, has there been a villain themed online tourney yet? View attachment 321982
There was one, the very first one, which also featured Heroes. It was a "Heroes vs Villains" tournament. However it was the very first tournament ever made, and a year and a half later they did add Sephiroth, two years later Kazuya. Which is why I don't think extremely old tournaments have as much of an impact as a recent tournament. But not just "Villains", not at all. Event the darkness tournament didn't feature only villains, as we had Joker and Bayonetta in it.
They could do another one, but it did happen already.

What we still didn't get though is a sword tournament, so the next character could have a sword.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
There was one, the very first one, which also featured Heroes. It was a "Heroes vs Villains" tournament. However it was the very first tournament ever made, and a year and a half later they did add Sephiroth, two years later Kazuya. Which is why I don't think extremely old tournaments have as much of an impact as a recent tournament. But not just "Villains", not at all. Event the darkness tournament didn't feature only villains, as we had Joker and Bayonetta in it.
They could do another one, but it did happen already.

What we still didn't get though is a sword tournament, so the next character could have a sword.
welp it's going to be the smtv guy isn't it? porky had no chance anyway and nintendo would never pick porky in a million years

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
welp it's going to be the smtv guy isn't it? porky had no chance anyway and nintendo would never pick porky in a million years
Definitely not happening. The character won't even exist in an officialy released game by the time the final character is out, and Nintendo recognized Persona as a SMT game on their official website when talking about Joker.
The most recent character added for Ultimate was Byleth, whose game was meant for a 2018 release, more than a year prior his inclusion. Before that, you had Corrin, from a game released six months beforehand, which is the only newcomer in Smash for Wii U's DLC to not come with any stage and only one song as they probably had nothing much to work with.
Then you have Roy in Melee who was also from a game delayed by a year, and didn't even bring a stage.
Meanwhile the second pass has been completely finalized in 2019 according to Sakurai, as well as its contents. Which means stages, songs, characters and spirits. Really doubt Sakurai nor Nintendo had knowledge of the characters, settings, bosses or even the story back in 2019. This is again a case of people assuming new game = character promoting said new game, when the few exceptions were all from Fire Emblem, and each time months after the game's release. When Sakurai stated that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 wasn't far enough in development to consider adding Rex, it doesn't bode well for any game that's too recent.

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Definitely not happening. The character won't even exist in an officialy released game by the time the final character is out, and Nintendo recognized Persona as a SMT game on their official website when talking about Joker.
The most recent character added for Ultimate was Byleth, whose game was meant for a 2018 release, more than a year prior his inclusion. Before that, you had Corrin, from a game released six months beforehand, which is the only newcomer in Smash for Wii U's DLC to not come with any stage and only one song as they probably had nothing much to work with.
Then you have Roy in Melee who was also from a game delayed by a year, and didn't even bring a stage.
Meanwhile the second pass has been completely finalized in 2019 according to Sakurai, as well as its contents. Which means stages, songs, characters and spirits. Really doubt Sakurai nor Nintendo had knowledge of the characters, settings, bosses or even the story back in 2019. This is again a case of people assuming new game = character promoting said new game, when the few exceptions were all from Fire Emblem, and each time months after the game's release. When Sakurai stated that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 wasn't far enough in development to consider adding Rex, it doesn't bode well for any game that's too recent.
Welp it's probably going to be a character that uses a sword and Porky definitely doesn't use a sword unless he has has a sword installed in his mech. Probably Adol, Ryu Hayabusa

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
If Porky makes it in, I feel like he will become the best super heavy in the game.
-no turning animations (if we use the mother 3 mech)
-A reflect that can be used to stall in the air
-a teleport recovery or a super jump like Dedede’s
-Crazy good range
Among other stuff, I for one welcome our high tier chubster

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Actually there are some other sus things other than Porky.

Giygas Spirit.

Pig King Statue.

Duster's Absence(maybe in Porky's stage as a cameo)
We could explain Giygas, as he never appeared in any form at all in any smash game, Duster also does have a spirit.
But Porky and the Pig King Statue having no spirits are definitely eyebrow-raising. Which could really be a mistake on the team's part and them just forgetting Porky or eventually scrapped him.

If Porky makes it in, I feel like he will become the best super heavy in the game.
-no turning animations (if we use the mother 3 mech)
-A reflect that can be used to stall in the air
-a teleport recovery or a super jump like Dedede’s
-Crazy good range
Among other stuff, I for one welcome our high tier chubster
I do hope we'll get a super-heavy mech user. Closest is obviously Bowser Jr. but he is really a lightweight.
Another idea I had for Porky was him having the best superarmor in the game, but with a catch; eventually, his mech's stamina reaches zero, is destroyed and he becomes hopeless just as he was at the start of Earthbound, with his only moves being simple slaps, moving and a small, weak jump. Probably ineffective in gameplay and competitively, but I would find it neat for the fun of it. That would ruin the character's potential though lol

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
We could explain Giygas, as he never appeared in any form at all in any smash game, Duster also does have a spirit.
But Porky and the Pig King Statue having no spirits are definitely eyebrow-raising. Which could really be a mistake on the team's part and them just forgetting Porky or eventually scrapped him.
Welp guess he really was forgotten. Well it's been fun guys. I'll probably go support the SMT V guy

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman

I do hope we'll get a super-heavy mech user. Closest is obviously Bowser Jr. but he is really a lightweight.
Another idea I had for Porky was him having the best superarmor in the game, but with a catch; eventually, his mech's stamina reaches zero, is destroyed and he becomes hopeless just as he was at the start of Earthbound, with his only moves being simple slaps, moving and a small, weak jump. Probably ineffective in gameplay and competitively, but I would find it neat for the fun of it. That would ruin the character's potential though lol
Another idea a friend of mine had was to make the Porky bot his neutral B but using neutral B and inputting a direction will give the Porky bot its own unique colour bow tie and special behaviour depending on the direction.

Neutral- red bow tie, homes in on an enemy and explodes if/when it touches them, explodes after a few seconds anyway like the mechakoopa

Side- green bow tie, instead of homing on, it wanders randomly across the stage, touching it causes it to explode and stun enemies similar to disable, explodes after a few seconds anyway like the mechakoopa

Down- blue bow tie, follows Porky and blocks projectiles

Up- yellow bow tie, a hyper Porky bot that moves very fast and homes in on an opponent, it’s explosion is very weak to make up for this

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
1625876758461.png

Found this really interesting post explaining that the last fighter will have their face covered in some way and the mii costumes will relate to this theme as well.

Porky doesn't fit the bill completely, but his hair covers part of his face where we can't see his eyes. He can also come with a Masked Man costume.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
View attachment 322235
Found this really interesting post explaining that the last fighter will have their face covered in some way and the mii costumes will relate to this theme as well.

Porky doesn't fit the bill completely, but his hair covers part of his face where we can't see his eyes. He can also come with a Masked Man costume.
Its the best pig.....

Spider Ham or also Peter Porky

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
View attachment 322235

But it's no proof. We might not have Master Chief or Shovel Knight as costumes at all.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 322235

Interesting although I feel like this doesn’t 100% confirm the fighter matching this pattern as not all the DLC have followed the same trend as the costumes.
For example, Pyra and Mytha aren’t Capcom characters.
So we could potentially still get Porky with those three outfits and maybe the masked man coming with ‘Strong one’

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Welp we don't stand a chance against most first party options. Porky just doesn't hold a candle to the more deserving first party characters like Dixie Kong, Lyn, Andy from Advance Wars, King Boo, Waluigi, and a thousand others. Porky would take so much time to work on for being a complex character with his mech style. In fact it would take too much effort. Would they really put that much effort onto the character that would sell the least?

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Welp we don't stand a chance against most first party options. Porky just doesn't hold a candle to the more deserving first party characters like Dixie Kong, Lyn, Andy from Advance Wars, King Boo, Waluigi, and a thousand others. Porky would take so much time to work on for being a complex character with his mech style. In fact it would take too much effort. Would they really put that much effort onto the character that would sell the least?
Porky has just as good a shot as anyone else and has several things working in his favor.
Keeping your expectations in check is fine, but don't be so sure about things just yet.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I’d say the opposite aha, I can’t think of many first parties left that have ‘evidence’ for their inclusions

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I’d say the opposite aha, I can’t think of many first parties left that have ‘evidence’ for their inclusions
I can think of only two, objectively; Ninjara and Decidueye, who were both considered. However both were replaced by Minmin and Incineroar respectively.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
I can think of only two, objectively; Ninjara and Decidueye, who were both considered. However both were replaced by Minmin and Incineroar respectively.
Then Porky must've been replaced by Plant since the latter is much more easier to implement as the bonus. Plus Porky would take too much effort for a bonus character. Makes sense. But why couldn't they give a Porky a proper spirit. Maybe the ASC is Porky

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
If they just port over and downsize his boss fight from brawl, they could turn him into a fighter with minimal effort.
The missing spirit could still be that they intended something for him but of course, we have absolutely no idea what that could have been.
Boss? Character? Spirit? Or maybe sakurai did forget, still have no way to tell

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
If they just port over and downsize his boss fight from brawl, they could turn him into a fighter with minimal effort.
The missing spirit could still be that they intended something for him but of course, we have absolutely no idea what that could have been.
Boss? Character? Spirit? Or maybe sakurai did forget, still have no way to tell
He'd be way too big in M3. Earthbound version is more appropriate. Plus I thought there wouldn't be new bosses.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, Sakurai said no more bosses and stuff but Porky might have been considered and possibly replaced with Galleom as he’s a smash OC.
As for the mech itself, I’m sure Sakurai could make it work if he tried, after all the giant purple “2BIG4SMASH” dragon became a character hahaha
DCB66082-ECEF-430F-A725-EEAC3A361085.jpeg

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, Sakurai said no more bosses and stuff but Porky might have been considered and possibly replaced with Galleom as he’s a smash OC.
As for the mech itself, I’m sure Sakurai could make it work if he tried, after all the giant purple “2BIG4SMASH” dragon became a character hahaha
View attachment 322674
Especially when the mech is not as big in Mother 3/Earthbound as it is in Smash.
Contrary to Ridley who was shrinked to fit as a playable character, Porky was supersized so he could fit as a boss.

Top Bottom