• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
A direct is said to happen during e3. It's our chance porky bros. I hope that will be the day that we see his release.
I really don't see Porky big enough for E3. Except if he comes along Mother 3.
However, in that scenario, the big news won't be Porky in Smash, but Mother 3 released worldwide. THAT would probably break Twitter again.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I really don't see Porky big enough for E3. Except if he comes along Mother 3.
However, in that scenario, the big news won't be Porky in Smash, but Mother 3 released worldwide. THAT would probably break Twitter again.
True, I feel like IF Porky is in the pass he will most likely be the final character.
But then again, if we get any plans with the Mother series whatsoever he could come with it to advertise

MaplePie

Smash Cadet
After thinking about it, I find it hard for Nintendo to promote something huge like a Mother trilogy/port with just a spirit event featuring 3 spirits only. It's like trying to promote the Halo games with just a 4 star Master Chief png.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Realistically I think the characters are going to be Lloyd and Master Chief

My never-evers include Porky and Reimu

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I’m thinking we get one first party and one third party. Who they are is anyone’s guess. There are a lot of great choices that are going to miss their shot with only 2 slots left. We can only wait and see my friends.

...And if E3 only reveals one character, we shall continue to wait and see...

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Hoping to see a glorious reveal trailer at E3. Such as...

Onett. Ganondorf, Bowser, K Rool, and Ridley strut down the street like a gang of misfits. Ridley and K Rool roar at passersby. Bowser smashes a fire hydrant. Ganondorf walks casually in the middle of the road, stopping traffic.

In a nearby café, Link, Mario, DK, and Samus sit at a table, watching the scene with disdain through a window. Across from them sit Ness and Lucas.

A comical scream is heard, followed by Bowser’s laugh. Mario stews in anger, then speaks to the table through the form of a cartoon speech bubble. In it, we see an 8-bit Bowser kidnapping Peach. Link nods, speaking with a speech bubble that displays a tapestry scene of Ganondorf holding aloft the triforce. Suddenly, a hologram appears in the middle of the table, cast by Samus’s visor. It shows Ridley unleashing metroids on a group of fleeing aliens. The image abruptly fizzles out as DK slams the table in a rage. Across the street, he spots K Rool eating half of a banana, tossing the other half on to the street. Heresy!

The group restrains DK as we hear an “OK!” It’s Ness, doodling on a napkin with a crayon. He holds it aloft.

Eerie music sounds as we see the doodle: a crude, evil pig face hovering over a fiery globe. Link takes it and nods in appreciation -- “ahh!”. He turns the napkin around and gestures to the pig face, looking over to Lucas -- “this your guy too?”.

The group watches as Lucas’s lip trembles, a darkness coming over him. We hold on the pig face, and an ominous tune begins to play under a snorting laugh. It’s getting louder, and louder...

Lucas looks up to see the group blinking at something behind him. He turns. Ness is guarding his back -- and at the window, the villains stand ominously. An additional, shadowy figure has been added to their entourage. We pan up mechanical legs... an alien eyeball... buttons and switches... a pod... a pigish nose...

WHOOSH! With a sweep of its legs, the figure sends its villainous comrades smashing through the café window. Ness shoves Lucas aside as the villains tumble into their rivals. The snorty laugh sounds once more as the group dizzily gaze up for our first clear look at--

Porky! Spanking himself with that insufferable laugh. Porky Means Business!

Lucas shakes with rage, and leaps into action! Cue gameplay.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I don't believe Ayumi, Demi-fiend, and Octoling are "slept-on" either
They are usually thrown off due to Splatoon Mii costumes being in the pass, Ayumi being another character simply speculated for getting a new game recently, and Demi-Fiend has only recently gained traction also due to a new game.

Porky is also being slept on but there's also no reason to exclude him completely.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Hey, I noticed four of the porkys have blue hair, why is that? Isn’t that funny?

also talking about the double reveal stuff, I still think we’ll only get one reveal at E3 to stretch out the last of the smash hype for as long as possible
I'm betting on this too. One E3 reveal, and one in September. And I'm hoping for Porky in September.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Alright. This is it.

The time has come for you to pull the Dragon's last Needle.

Are you ready?

Both Hinawa and Claus entrusted fate to you.

Believe in yourself, and pull that final needle.

Nothing needs to be sealed away anymore.

Let's make the Dark Dragon sealed underground our new friend.

Pass your heart on to the Dragon!

Pray to it from the bottom of your heart.

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Damn guys we're doomed. I'm not ready yet. Guess I'll start playing the Crash games now

1623724111361.png

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I don’t want to hype anyone up too much buuuuut...
Tekken guy still fits into the base game idea that has been floating around, and Sakurai wanted a Tekken character since smash 4, it’s very hard to call but it’s not entirely impossible.
Maybe, just maybe Porkyfriends
I'm still hard predicting Porky, but I didn't see Kazuya coming at all, my God!
It most likely means though that Lloyd's costume is returning with him.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm gonna sound hard on other fandoms, but I do think that the likes of huge third-party names are... Finished.

Which makes me think the final character will be from Nintendo.

However the inclusion of a Tekken character shows that previous Mii costumes added in the SAME pass are no problem. So we have many candidates which we deemed "out" who can be considered again.

A lot of concurrence fell today, but others rose.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Eh, just what I expected, my hopes for Porky are minimum, specially since no earthbound news yet... I mean, at least the chances for a danganronpa character went up, since they ported the games on switch and have an exclusive spin-off game... but at the same time if they were going to add a danganronpa character they would had announce it with the games, so it's probably not happening.
Is not that I'm sad Porky didn't got announced, is just that I'm sad nothing Earthbound related got announced, Earthbound and Mother 1 are still not on the Switch, this year was Mother 3 15th anniversary, you know, it would been nice... oh well...
I don't expect Porky to be the last character, but is not like the last character from the previous pack was a crazy hype character, so is not impossible, but who knows, who knows...

kumie

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna sound hard on other fandoms, but I do think that the likes of huge third-party names are... Finished.

Which makes me think the final character will be from Nintendo.

However the inclusion of a Tekken character shows that previous Mii costumes added in the SAME pass are no problem. So we have many candidates which we deemed "out" who can be considered again.

A lot of concurrence fell today, but others rose.
Hm actually
Eh, just what I expected, my hopes for Porky are minimum, specially since no earthbound news yet... I mean, at least the chances for a danganronpa character went up, since they ported the games on switch and have an exclusive spin-off game... but at the same time if they were going to add a danganronpa character they would had announce it with the games, so it's probably not happening.
Is not that I'm sad Porky didn't got announced, is just that I'm sad nothing Earthbound related got announced, Earthbound and Mother 1 are still not on the Switch, this year was Mother 3 15th anniversary, you know, it would been nice... oh well...
I don't expect Porky to be the last character, but is not like the last character from the previous pack was a crazy hype character, so is not impossible, but who knows, who knows...
It's not over until it's over. I'm not giving up until the last fighter is announced.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Dang. You really gave up hope huh?

Top Bottom