• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
If I were to announce Porky, I would do it after an Earthbound announcement, for example let's say they announce that Earthbound and Earthbound beginnings, following up with a trailer that starts with Lucas, making fans believe that finally, we are getting Mother 3 and maybe is even a remake... but no, is just Nintendo messing with Earthbound fans on purpose and is actually Porky's announcement to Smash.
honestly? worth it

SirLordCapybara

Smash Rookie
Since I've seen several varied ideas on the topic, I want to ask you all: what do you think Porkies Final Smash would be? Options include:
--- Turning off the Devil's Machine and releasing Giygas.
--- Having his King Statue appear and charge around the stage.
--- Summoning the Pigmask Army onto the stage to attack the other fighters.
--- Hiding in the Absolutely Safe Capsule while the final needle is pulled.
--- Something else entirely.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Since I've seen several varied ideas on the topic, I want to ask you all: what do you think Porkies Final Smash would be? Options include:
1621565354297.png

it starts out with a scene similar to sephiroth's supernova since they parallel each other in so many ways

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
It’s difficult to pick just any one of these, especially since if you pick one that references Mother 3 then you probably won’t be seeing Giygas (unless he’s a stage element). I do like that idea though for his Final Smash, so that’s the one I’ll stick with. Though if the stage is Giygas’ Lair or something like that, then I assume that the idea would be used for a stage hazard rather than Porky’s Final Smash.

The problem I have with the Pigmask Army idea is that it seems rather hit or miss, much like Dedede’s Final Smash in Brawl.

I imagine the Pig King Statue would function like Piranha Plant’s Final Smash, giving the user some control over where the statue moves, but rather than trap opponents in a cage or something, they just take massive damage and knockback.

I’ve never really been a big fan of having the Final Needle be his Final Smash, but I assume it could work like Sephiroth’s, transporting opponents to the depths below the Empire Porky Building while Porky hides in the Capsule, Masked Man pulls the needle, and a segment of the end of Mother 3 plays.

My pick would definitely be unleashing Giygas, but that depends on whether or not Porky’s stage already includes him as a stage hazard. If it does, then one of the other options (or something else) would need to be made into his Final Smash.

FoursideKM

Smash Cadet
If it's Mother 2 Porky I could see his final smash bring Mother 3 Porky. Giygas could be incoperated on his stage

Though if Mother 3 Porky is playable I could actually still see Giygas being incorporated if they make his final smash Mother 2 Porky

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Pretty certain that, if they include Giygas, they won't use his nightmarish form or his alien one from Mother 1.
Instead they would go with this:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Adding to the final smash discussion, I feel like he would have a cinematic where the camera zooms into a cave and winds through pathways and gets to the final needle with the masked man about to pull it, porky is behind him and sarcastically saves goodbye as the capsule envelops him, the screen goes white and there’s an explosion and porky falls out of the capsule as it didn’t shut properly around him.
If it’s the final stock, that scene plays out but is extended to show the Earth slowly get consumed by white light before the “GAME!” Logo pops up.
Porky’s victory screen will have him to king back and fourth in the capsule poking his tongue out with
playing in the background, and all of the boxes that normally have fighters clapping in them will be empty

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Porky Spirits:
Picky (Novice) A Lucas that prefers to defend with a Ness protecting him.
Carpainter (Advanced) A blue Robin that likes to use thunder attacks and teams up with two Inkling boys to represent the Happy Happy cultists.
Mani Mani Statue (Ace) A Golden Ganondorf that reverses controls.
Dr. Andonuts (Advanced) Dr. Mario with Donkey Kong repping Andonuts' assistant and has Jeff and Mr. Saturns appear.
Pig Mask (Novice) An army of Mii Gunners wearing a full Pig Mask Mii costume.
Li'l Miss Marshmallow (Ace) A Metal, very agressive Isabelle.
Fassad (Advanced) A Wario that upon defeat is replaced by a Metal Wario with a Gust Bellows equipped. His spirit levels up into Miracle Fassad.
Natural Killer Cyborg (Ace) A Giant Porky with Daybreak pieces appearing during the battle.
Pig King Statue (Ace) A Giant Metal Ness that stomps down with speed. Has 999 Stamina but drops to 1 after awhile.
Mecha-Porky (Novice) A group of Porkys equipped with explosives.
Giygas (Legend) A Mewtwo and Porky team-up. Porky gets a Sudden Final Smash to summon Giygas.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
If Porky really was the final character of the pass, I think they wouldn't show a Mother triology in e3, but save it for another direct if it was only cp:10 that was revealed.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Imo they probably would use Mewtwo for the spirit. I think his spirit would probably be the Mother 1 Giygas that can maybe be upgraded to Earthbound Giygas
Doubt it for one simple reason: if they release a Giygas spirit, they would definitely make it a Legend class spirit from the start. I really don't see them making it a simple Ace fight.

Still banking on the spirit being the Sealed Giygas.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Doubt it for one simple reason: if they release a Giygas spirit, they would definitely make it a Legend class spirit from the start. I really don't see them making it a simple Ace fight.

Still banking on the spirit being the Sealed Giygas.
The Spirit Board for Porky would obviously need a Legend class Spirit, and while Giygas fits that pretty well, I think you could also use Giegue as an Advanced/Ace Spirit and still have a Legend one on the board. Someone I noticed was missing from the Spirit Board that Merengue Merengue came up with was the Fierce Pork Trooper. You could put him in as an Advanced Spirit and then have either the Pig King Statue or Natural Killer Cyborg as the Legend Spirit. Giegue’s Ace Spirit would still enhance into a Giygas Legend Spirit. You could also just throw the entire Pigmask Army into a Legend class Spirit.

I’m not saying any of it would happen, but I do think there is a way to have Giygas be a Legend Spirit that is enhanced, while the Spirit Board itself has a different Legend Spirit.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
The Spirit Board for Porky would obviously need a Legend class Spirit, and while Giygas fits that pretty well, I think you could also use Giegue as an Advanced/Ace Spirit and still have a Legend one on the board. Someone I noticed was missing from the Spirit Board that Merengue Merengue came up with was the Fierce Pork Trooper. You could put him in as an Advanced Spirit and then have either the Pig King Statue or Natural Killer Cyborg as the Legend Spirit. Giegue’s Ace Spirit would still enhance into a Giygas Legend Spirit. You could also just throw the entire Pigmask Army into a Legend class Spirit.

I’m not saying any of it would happen, but I do think there is a way to have Giygas be a Legend Spirit that is enhanced, while the Spirit Board itself has a different Legend Spirit.
I understand your point, but I have a really hard time to see them make Giygas who is potentially the strongest and most powerful entity in the Mother series a class below the NKC or the Statue. Anything can happen, but if Giygas is a spirit in Porky's board, I'm confident he would be the Legendary one.
As well as Porky's final smash but that's a debate for another day.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I guess you could use Mother 1 Giygas as a spirit and just not use Earthbound Giygas. He might look odd without the black background. Here's my idea for a Porky spirit board I made awhile back

You made that? Well done!

Less than a month before E3. Let's get rockin'! Any remix for an Earthbound song you like?

Here's my jam of the moment:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
You made that? Well done!

Less than a month before E3. Let's get rockin'! Any remix for an Earthbound song you like?

Here's my jam of the moment:

Kraken of the Sea. To be honest even though we have a bit of "evidence" such as "missing Porky spirit", missing related spirits, I still many doubts(guess that's normal). Bruh I'm about to have a heart attack at E3. If they announce Mother Trilogy, but no Porky in Smash, I'm dead.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Kraken of the Sea. To be honest even though we have a bit of "evidence" such as "missing Porky spirit", missing related spirits, I still many doubts(guess that's normal). Bruh I'm about to have a heart attack at E3. If they announce Mother Trilogy, but no Porky in Smash, I'm dead.
I would gladly take the Mother trilogy even without Porky. No contest.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I would gladly take the Mother trilogy even without Porky. No contest.
I second this. Nintendo hardly ever throws Mother fans a bone, so anything they want to give us is more than appreciated. If we get an EarthBound Trilogy without Porky in Smash, fine. If we get Porky but no EarthBound Trilogy, cool. If we get both, wonderful!

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
I prefer the Porky reveal instead of the Mother Trilogy. I can just play the games on my computer. Plus his spankety spankety taunt would be based.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I prefer the Porky reveal instead of the Mother Trilogy. I can just play the games on my computer. Plus his spankety spankety taunt would be based.
Sure, but I'd be pleased with Mother 3 finally being officialy released worldwide and playing it comfortably on my Switch than just a character in Smash.

Top Bottom