• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Happy birthday Mother 3!
and happy birthday to me as well haha
You share the same birthday as Mother 3? That's awesome dude! Happy belated birthday buddy! ;)

What Slaughter Sorry I'm a bit confused as to what that means
Slaughter meaning Porky dodged a deconfirmed bullet. But I'm not so sure what they were referencing as it seems like the 15th anniversary of Mother 3 not having nothing hurts Porky's chances more than it helps as it's another opportunity to present a Mother 3 localization down the drain.

Last edited:

FoursideKM

Smash Cadet
You share the same birthday as Mother 3? That's awesome dude! Happy belated birthday buddy! ;)

Slaughter meaning Porky dodged a deconfirmed bullet. But I'm not so sure what they were referencing as it seems like the 15th anniversary of Mother 3 not having nothing hurts Porky's chances more than it helps as it's another opportunity to present a Mother 3 localization down the drain.
They're probably talking about there not being a mother 3 spirit event including porky

SirLordCapybara

Smash Rookie
I am curious, if Porky got in, what do you guys think his alternates would be? I've had a lot of ideas about how Porky himself would look (business suit, mother 3, etc...) but I'm not sure how his mech (assuming he would use a mech) would look.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I am curious, if Porky got in, what do you guys think his alternates would be? I've had a lot of ideas about how Porky himself would look (business suit, mother 3, etc...) but I'm not sure how his mech (assuming he would use a mech) would look.
I think there’s plenty of stuff for Porky himself to reference in his costumes (Business suit, Mother 3, Picky, Pig King Statue, Pigmasks, the way he looks in the final battle of EarthBound, Porky Bots).

As for his mech, assuming he comes with one, obviously you’d have alts to represent the color schemes of both his EarthBound and Mother 3 mechs, with his EarthBound one probably being the default (since I’d assume that’s the one he’d be in) and having an alt based on Mother 3. The rest could be references to either the various Pigmask ranks/colors OR different chimeras from Mother 3 (Ultimate Chimera, Mecha-Drago, Steel Mechorilla, etc.).

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I’d say:
•blue overalls
•red business suit
•more blood red business suit with blue skin
•overalls and bow tie based on the porky bots
•business suit based on porky’s unused boss palette
•fully grey overalls and skin based on the king statue
•business suit based on ness’s colours
•pale blue overalls and white hair and purple skin based on his appearance in mother 3

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I could see Porky being the bonus fighter (if that's what the missing website page is really pointing to). His series already is in the game and you could easily put him in the game without having to add too much else (maybe "Porky Means Business" and a few spirits).

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
To be honest, I feel like the sixth spot of the pass is our bonus fighter, even if he is part of the second FP, thus the reason it has six characters and not five. I have no evidence of course, but that's the feeling I have of it having one extra character compared to the first one.
Which is why, if Porky is added, he would definitely be the final character. And he has enough content to justify a spot in the pass (missing Earthbound music, missing Porky related spirits, and stage potential).

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
To be honest, I feel like the sixth spot of the pass is our bonus fighter, even if he is part of the second FP, thus the reason it has six characters and not five. I have no evidence of course, but that's the feeling I have of it having one extra character compared to the first one.
Which is why, if Porky is added, he would definitely be the final character. And he has enough content to justify a spot in the pass (missing Earthbound music, missing Porky related spirits, and stage potential).
That doesn't explain the missing webpage though. If you're not caught up on the situation here is a great video on it.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
That doesn't explain the missing webpage though. If you're not caught up on the situation here is a great video on it.
I know about that, but it doesn't have to be a character. It could be another extra mode or stage. And it's not like a glitch cannot happen on a Nintendo website.
I'll copy paste my theory:

I had a theory for that too. An extension of World of Light, a small area which includes spirits from the DLC spirit boards (meaning Persona, Arms, Banjo-Kazooie etc...) that do not use one of the DLC fither (Pneuma couldn't appear for example), an area that includes a boss rush, and an area that allows you to play as Master Hand. It wouldn't be THAT hard to make, and would justify a certain price.
If you do not have both passes, buy it for five or ten bucks.
Definitely not happening but I would love that.

SirLordCapybara

Smash Rookie
This may have already been said somewhere on this thread, but, whatever Porky's situation, I don't think he has been forgotten. Considering that there are multiple spirits (Absolutely Safe Capsule, Masked Man) and an entire stage (New Pork City) that are nearly impossible to discuss without mentioning Porky already in the game, his name had to have come up at some point. Now whether he's future DLC, a cut character, or something else, I don't know, but his lack of a spirit is definitely intentional.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
This may have already been said somewhere on this thread, but, whatever Porky's situation, I don't think he has been forgotten. Considering that there are multiple spirits (Absolutely Safe Capsule, Masked Man) and an entire stage (New Pork City) that are nearly impossible to discuss without mentioning Porky already in the game, his name had to have come up at some point. Now whether he's future DLC, a cut character, or something else, I don't know, but his lack of a spirit is definitely intentional.
if he was cut, my disappointment is immeasurable that an 8th fire emblem character got in instead

Top Bottom