• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Slightly off-topic of Smash. Nice to see so many people doing things for this series. This should be good.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Sorry for double post (especially since this might not mean anything) but I found this cool.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Sorry for double post (especially since this might not mean anything) but I found this cool.

Translation anyone?

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Did any of you check out the Mother direct? I really liked what we got but I’m super worried the remakes will get The Pokémon Uranium treatment if nintendo finds out

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Did any of you check out the Mother direct? I really liked what we got but I’m super worried the remakes will get The Pokémon Uranium treatment if nintendo finds out
I really liked what I saw. The Nintendo Cease & Desist-inator ™️ also worried me a bit, but I think they’ll be good for a while. They may just get reuploaded then get ignored or missed by the companies, too, like Uranium did.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I haven’t seen it yet, but I’ll be watching it later today.

Also, considering the treatment Nintendo gives this series already, do you really think they’re gonna care about fan made stuff? (Joke.)

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
The wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man/woman is finally being revealed next week.
But if it’s one of the spirited characters, what does this mean for Porky?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man/woman is finally being revealed next week.
But if it’s one of the spirited characters, what does this mean for Porky?
Honestly, his chances either stay the same or go down a bit. If it’s someone who’s already a Spirit, it could mean that we get more Spirit upgrades, or this could be the only one. And if it’s not, then I don’t think it does much of anything for his chances.

Another possibility is that the ASC, despite being the empty sprite, is meant to represent Porky. In which case, again, if the ARMS character is already a Spirit and becomes playable, would break that rule, which could put Porky back in the running. But again, a Spirit upgrade may happen for only this one character.

Ultimately, I think that no matter who it is, the result doesn’t affect Porky that much. It’s too unpredictable right now to base it off of one potential Spirit upgrade, especially since this might be the one-and-only time a Spirit becomes playable.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hello Pigmask Supporters, i'm doing an idea and posting it on fantendo which is a deluxe edition of super smash bros ultimate. i have porky in my roster aswell as ninten and i'm putting some new content in the game, however i am also expanding world of light and added a new pork city area in the dark realm with a porky boss which is giving me a hard decision on porky's role. i already decided to keep him as the playable character yet i also want to make him a boss for the new area i saved. what do you guys think?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Hello Pigmask Supporters, i'm doing an idea and posting it on fantendo which is a deluxe edition of super smash bros ultimate. i have porky in my roster aswell as ninten and i'm putting some new content in the game, however i am also expanding world of light and added a new pork city area in the dark realm with a porky boss which is giving me a hard decision on porky's role. i already decided to keep him as the playable character yet i also want to make him a boss for the new area i saved. what do you guys think?
Just make him both. Also can you post a link when you're done? I wish to view your article.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

My Pig Mask comrades, our king made it to 30th place! We might not be at the top, but we are now noticeable and shouldn't be underestimated. Dance my comrades, dance! As today is a big victory for the Pig Mask Army.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

My Pig Mask comrades, our king made it to 30th place! We might not be at the top, but we are now noticeable and shouldn't be underestimated. Dance my comrades, dance! As today is a big victory for the Pig Mask Army.
Honestly, this is a great result. Didn't expect any character from the series to make the top 50, but this shows there's a real demand for one.

Emelie

Smash Cadet
Well, at least we don't have to debate if the capsule deconfirms Porky anymore.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
there is a HUGE amount of competition now though. Including big namers like Waddle Dee and Geno
Who chooses the characters? Sakurai. Who decides who get's in? Sakurai. Remember: "It's more important that a character is fun to play whether than them just being recognizable."

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I really don’t feel like this changed anything. If the ASC ever did deconfirm Porky, he’s now back in the running. If it didn’t, then not much really happened. Sure, there are more characters on the table possibly, but also realize Min Min was SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED by the ARMS developer. Meaning if he had requested someone who wasn’t a Spirit, like Kid Cobra for example, we probably would have gotten him and that would mean Spirits would still, possibly, deconfirm.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Hey the Asc spirit references him at least. I mean it only appears when Porky summons at the very end of his boss battle.

https://youtu.be/FRod8FwSNQ4 this is how I imagine him looking character design wise

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Count me in as a supporter! I've always thought of Porky being really cool and a potentially interesting addition to the roster, but had never really shown any support for him until now, as I certainly plan to change that!
I've been in the process of making a moveset for him as we speak, and though I'd usually wait to make a post like this until after I've finished it to be able to attach it to this post, it'll take a little bit of time to finish, especially since I'm also in the process of making yet another Louie moveset lol. I'll be sure to post the Porky moveset here when I'm done though!

Cheers Porkybros!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Count me in as a supporter! I've always thought of Porky being really cool and a potentially interesting addition to the roster, but had never really shown any support for him until now, as I certainly plan to change that!
I've been in the process of making a moveset for him as we speak, and though I'd usually wait to make a post like this until after I've finished it to be able to attach it to this post, it'll take a little bit of time to finish, especially since I'm also in the process of making yet another Louie moveset lol. I'll be sure to post the Porky moveset here when I'm done though!

Cheers Porkybros!
Welcome to the Pig Mask Army my new comrade. :)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Porky is being rated today in Rate Their Chances, come show your support.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Unfortunately that’s what happens when the parent company does nothing with the franchise. I mean, they can’t or won’t even put EarthBound on SNES Online. Kinda sucks.

Hopefully things change.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I mean... today I have a dream where I found a Porky amiibo on a weird store and I was like "aw **** I have to buy this thing" but wasn't able to find the exit of the store... so I just got lost... and... I guess that's it, that's all the earthbound related news I have right now.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Here’s a thought...

We can already assume the characters in this pass have been determined by Sakurai and his team, so let’s say Porky is in this pass. Realistically, what number reveal would you think he would be, counting Min Min as first. While we would all want him to be next, where do you think he would be if he’s in? I’m thinking he’d be fourth or fifth, personally. What about you guys?

Paraster

Smash Lord
Here’s a thought...

We can already assume the characters in this pass have been determined by Sakurai and his team, so let’s say Porky is in this pass. Realistically, what number reveal would you think he would be, counting Min Min as first. While we would all want him to be next, where do you think he would be if he’s in? I’m thinking he’d be fourth or fifth, personally. What about you guys?
I don't really know, but I heavily doubt he'd be the very last. While Porky would be amazing, he's not really a hot-ticket character in Smash fandom/gaming as a whole, and I feel they'd want to go for something much more shocking, widely crowd-pleasing, and/or revolutionary for the finale.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I don't really know, but I heavily doubt he'd be the very last. While Porky would be amazing, he's not really a hot-ticket character in Smash fandom/gaming as a whole, and I feel they'd want to go for something much more shocking, widely crowd-pleasing, and/or revolutionary for the finale.
Exactly my thought process. He wouldn’t be the sixth one in the pass, but I can see him being second-to-last as the fifth character, being a niche character after one or two big names and before the final character.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Doubtful. From what I gather, it’s gonna focus more on previously announced third party stuff on Switch.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Here’s a thought...

I think he’d be the fourth or fifth character, like other people above me said Porky is cool but he’s not the super “hype” third party character people are expecting to be smack dab in the middle or as the big finale.
But then again, Byleth was intended to be the final ever character before so I could be completely wrong

Last edited:

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Alright listen up boys (and girls but probably not) we are getting Porky this game,

It has been four smash bros. games and considering all the references, cameos, boss fights, items, etc. to Porky, it's straight up this game or never.
How is Porky the only boss from Brawl to not have a spirit? We have to get either an Earthbound remastered or Mother 3 or we aren't getting anything. We need to start thinking about the possibility that we might not get anything from this franchise for a very long time if ever. I know this is supposed to be a hype thread, but someone has to be realistic. I want Porky to get added more than anything, but it's now or never.

Top Bottom