• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Zeox

Smash Champion
"At the end it says there'll be other news"

1588217017676.jpg

Anyone knows what is this?
Edit: That japanese twitter account is Itoi's company, hobonichi, but it's probably gonna be just new merch, don't get your hopes high

Last edited:

Emelie

Smash Cadet

View attachment 270668

Edit: That japanese twitter account is Itoi's company, hobonichi, but it's probably gonna be just new merch, don't get your hopes high
Does anybody know if it's just the in-game text that is going to be in the book or if it's a novelization?

I remember the old novelization of Mother 2 in which Porky drove around in a Ferrari and listened to heavy metal when he was angry at Ness lol. It wasn't written by Itoi though.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Does anybody know if it's just the in-game text that is going to be in the book or if it's a novelization?

I remember the old novelization of Mother 2 in which Porky drove around in a Ferrari and listened to heavy metal when he was angry at Ness lol. It wasn't written by Itoi though.
Wait what? I never heard about this lol. That’s funny.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Please let all of this lead to rereleases and Mother 3 localized in other regions...

And more representation in Smash.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So we’ve got this and Oddity coming while Nintendo doesn’t as much as bat an eye towards this series.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It will since they took down Mother 4 and force the team to turn it into Oddity instead.
I think the Mother 4 team stopped and were already planning on rebranding the game due to them fearing this possibility after seeing Nintendo go after a bunch of other fangames.

But, yeah, it'll likely get taken down once it's released, especially if news people like GameXplain bring it into the public eye even moreso. I'm sure whoever downloads it in time will reupload it for everyone else, though, like what happens with other fangames such as Pokémon Uranium.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think the Mother 4 team stopped and were already planning on rebranding the game due to them fearing this possibility after seeing Nintendo go after a bunch of other fangames.

But, yeah, it'll likely get taken down once it's released, especially if news people like GameXplain bring it into the public eye even moreso. I'm sure whoever downloads it in time will reupload it for everyone else, though, like what happens with other fangames such as Pokémon Uranium.
That what I was saying, they turned it into Oddity due to fear of Nintendo suing them.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Any publicity is good publicity for this fan base though. Hopefully Nintendo will get the message if they see this. The message that we still would like rereleases or literally anything to happen officially with this series.

I do hope it isn’t taken down, but the odds of that if/when it’s found out aren’t that great.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
So with Panel de Pon finally making it out of Japan, I can see Nintendo finally giving us Mother 3. I don't want to get my hopes up, but it feels so possible now!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I found a video for a potential Porky moveset, which might help with selling people on the character, or at least getting them to visualize how he could work in Smash.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I found a video for a potential Porky moveset, which might help with selling people on the character, or at least getting them to visualize how he could work in Smash.

Dang it, got to it before me.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533

Just finished watching it before coming here, 411 different people asking for a Porky moveset is a beautiful thing and he really delivered.

View attachment 270668

Other news, huh ? Wel,l whatever it is, even if it's not related to smash at all, it still really great that something Mother related is happening at all.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I was bored last night, and lately I've been feeling like we're going to get a 'surprise' first party character in this pass so...

1589734888424.png

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
In the future, it might help to include some text; media-only posts are considered spam. It looks interesting, though!
Ah, my bad. Thanks for the info., I will keep that in mind for future posts.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Apparently, Toby Fox is involved in this.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

That makes it even better.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533

Yes.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Good things are happening with this series. That’s the important part. Hopefully this leads where we want it to.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
It’s nice to see Mother get some love, but I can’t help but notice it’s mostly a fan thing and Nintendo still don’t really play a part in this.
I won’t get my hopes for anything big but I guess we’ll wait and see

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

This is the final nail in the coffin. Sans is Ness.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So Ape or Nintendo has set up a Mother Twitter account: https://mobile.twitter.com/hobonichimother

What does this mean for our king my Pig Mask comrades?
Might just be to help advertise the Hobonichi Mother Project merchandise that Itoi’s company is making and selling. Hopefully something more but I’m not really sure that either party would create a separate account for the sole purpose of announcing a game series remake/rerelease or character announcement.

Regardless, one thing is for certain, it will definitely be being used to bring more attention to the series and any merchandise pertaining to it for the length of the HMP. Which is good for us.

Top Bottom