• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Zeox

Smash Champion
I lately been killing game by drawing Danganronpa /Earthbound crossover images... this contains spoilers from both franchises, because I redraw each final boss from each Mother game... but if you don't care about spoilers then go ahead and check, here they are:
Junko.png
Monaca.png
Kaede.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Hey pigmasks, haven't checked in this thread for a while (last time was around e3 2019, i believe)

How's everyone feeling about Porky's inclusion now ? Do you guys still think he has a chance ?

andree123

Smash Ace
Hey pigmasks, haven't checked in this thread for a while (last time was around e3 2019, i believe)

How's everyone feeling about Porky's inclusion now ? Do you guys still think he has a chance ?
He still has a chance, but extremely likely to be a post pass fighter.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I feel like his chances are decreasing by each reveal without him in sight. Porky still having no Spirit at this point makes me afraid the developers have totally forgotten about him. I would prefer Porky as a Spirit in the game without no Porky in the game in any form whatsoever. But yeah, I use to be like 75% on Porky's chances because of Mother's 30th anniversary and year of the pig but now that all of that has passed I'm like 20% on his chances. I still have a bit of hope with all the in game evidence he has with him having no Spirit and the Absolute Safe Capsule Spirit being the empty version of the sprite.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman

I still want to remain optimistic but as others have said before me, I’m starting to get a little worried he was genuinely forgotten.
However I still feel like he was considered at some point in time as a character to fall back on if a third party deal didn’t go through. But in any case it is damn weird he’s STILL nowhere to be seen
5898CA02-C073-4874-BD9E-0A0E1DB322BE.jpeg

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for double post but we got another first party character announced today and it was someone from ARMS.
I think I’m giving up now guys. Not to sound ungrateful as it’s been ages since we’ve had news but I don’t think we’ll get another first party on the pass aside from Pokémon or FE

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry for double post but we got another first party character announced today and it was someone from ARMS.
I think I’m giving up now guys. Not to sound ungrateful as it’s been ages since we’ve had news but I don’t think we’ll get another first party on the pass aside from Pokémon or FE
I'm not giving up yet. Another Nintendo rep appearing just increases Porky's chances if anything. It's not a guarantee we will get him, but it's looking better at the moment at least.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I kinda gave up after nothing happened last year for the anniversary, but I think the pack starting with a first party character actually gave me hopes that this pack would be full of first parties and maybe just one third party, the opposite of the first one, which gives Porky a better chance.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I’m actually satisfied with this because it could signify that they’re gonna have more of a mixed bag for FP2. I’m also interested to see which ARMS character they chose. Most characters from that game were unique, so I’m hopeful for a good/interesting pick.

My biggest question though is why would they do it now, when the last character added to that game was at the end of 2017? Do they have some other announcement for that game/series? Or is it just to include more representation for it in Smash?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I’m actually satisfied with this because it could signify that they’re gonna have more of a mixed bag for FP2. I’m also interested to see which ARMS character they chose. Most characters from that game were unique, so I’m hopeful for a good/interesting pick.

My biggest question though is why would they do it now, when the last character added to that game was at the end of 2017? Do they have some other announcement for that game/series? Or is it just to include more representation for it in Smash?
If this is Spring Man, waluigi supporters are gonna go crazy.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I have several questions about this new ARMS character, but lets just hope we get something.
My theory is that the arms character will be a brand new character that will also become playable in an arms update later in the year. I don’t think it will be any of the base roster as spring man is already an assist and it’s weird that they’re keeping it this much of a secret.
I could be wrong but Nintendo trying to make arms a thing all of a sudden it seems possible

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
My theory is that the arms character will be a brand new character that will also become playable in an arms update later in the year. I don’t think it will be any of the base roster as spring man is already an assist and it’s weird that they’re keeping it this much of a secret.
I could be wrong but Nintendo trying to make arms a thing all of a sudden it seems possible
Didnt know spring man was an assist trophy. I still think spring could make it in the roster regardless but I do wonder how any arms character in general will play out with their moves on a smash stage with their wacky hand moveset like in the game itself. Should be interesting to await for.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Didnt know spring man was an assist trophy. I still think spring could make it in the roster regardless but I do wonder how any arms character in general will play out with their moves on a smash stage with their wacky hand moveset like in the game itself. Should be interesting to await for.
Just look at raymans jab in smash flash 2 for reference

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I still think spring could make it in the roster regardless but I do wonder how any arms character in general will play out with their moves on a smash stage with their wacky hand moveset like in the game itself. Should be interesting to await for.
Picture Simon's whip instead it's a arm. Two different characters with completely different methods of attacking. But I'm just giving an example.

Last edited:

Emelie

Smash Cadet
There seems to be a lot of focus on characters from modern video games like Byleth and this Arms character. I wonder if this means that there will be more retro characters added later to balance things out.

Last year when Link's Awakening was released I saw a lot of people ask for a Mother 3 remake in a similar style. While they haven't listened to our requests in the past and even made fun of it, I think that this is our best bet.

If there was a remake of Mother 3 Nintendo would be able to fill the slot for fan favorite, retro character and advertisment for new (old) games all at once.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I just recently saw this video footage of Spaceworld 1999 on Youtube and guess what game those people are playing on those televisions on the left side of DK 0:05 onwards? Earthbound 64.

This video is a piece of gaming history. It belongs in a museum.

Last edited:

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Well.... Quite a funny sprite design without the hair, yet somehow looks less ingeminating for porky

Porky.jpg

His eyes have been lifted from the darkness!
Found this on Amino along with some cool Earthbound polls at the Earthbound community page.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
That piece of artwork is ****ing incredible! Makes me wish this was real. These would be the only villagers on my island. Speaking of crossovers (definitely off topic) within AC what happened to all the Nintendo items/outfits from previous games. They are missing in New Horizons (I believe) besides the Nintendo Switch consoles.

Top Bottom