• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's a pretty good moveset but honestly I'm not a fan of that "spider back pack thing". I don't even know where it comes from and I see a lot of moveset who use that. I still think that's a solid moveset because you could pretty much use the same moveset for Porky in a mech.
The spider pack thing is a fanmade idea I believe to make Porky like Doc Ock from Spider-Man. I kind of think it's a stupid idea for Porky as it's much better he stays in a mech behind a glass dome so that he can make insults to other characters while he cowards and hides in his machine lol!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'd be stoked to have Porky as a fighter. Another villain? Check. A Mother-character without PSI? Oh yeah. His arsenal of gadgets lends itself so well for Smash Bros. that'd he'd just be a plain fun character.

So I finally got around to making my own moveset for ol' Porky here. I had this in the works for ages (mainly since I had it almost completed at one point but then lost the file), but here it is:

I hope you enjoy. ^^
Of the three ways to incorporate Porky (mech, no mech, leg pack), I feel like this is the one I see the least. HOWEVER, this moveset actually makes pretty good use of it. Only thing I don’t really like are his forward and up smashes which, while a nice reference to “What did Porky do?!?!”, don’t really strike me as all that great when those projectiles just don’t seem to look like anything in particular. Also, that down throw looks absolutely devastating much like how Bowser Jr.’s is. Perfect for Porky.

I think the option to lower attack power for his Side-B is more reasonable for Smash, or even making the opponent move slower as opposed to causing input lag (though that’s pretty evil). It could also do some damage, like Plant’s, but maybe not to the same extent. Down B is pretty creative, considering we don’t yet have a counter that works like that. Though it might be able to be spammed too easily. Maybe same damage, but a bit less knockback?

That Final Smash is pretty close to what I was thinking, I like it. Overall, this moveset works pretty well, and I like how much it does utilize the mech arms as opposed to just having them there and only used in a few moves. I don’t think they’d go with a mech-arm-pack design if he were added in Smash, but if they were to do it, I imagine some of his moveset would look very similar to this. Good job.

Also, with that kind of “back-story” for why he’s in Smash, the trailer would HAVE to open with Ness receiving Porky’s letter at the end of EarthBound and it saying something like “Come and get me! Spankety, spankety, spankety!

On second thought, I’ll just come for you. See you in Smash!”

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I do admit that the mecha-limb-pack is not grounded in canon, but I picked it because it's a good compromise to both have moves from EarthBound and Mother 3's Final Battles, where he uses machines to attack, but also have moves like the Spank, Pork Bomb, Yo-Yo, Slingshot and Raygun where he can't be inside an actual mech to use them.

Also, with that kind of “back-story” for why he’s in Smash, the trailer would HAVE to open with Ness receiving Porky’s letter at the end of EarthBound and it saying something like “Come and get me! Spankety, spankety, spankety!

On second thought, I’ll just come for you. See you in Smash!”
That sounds cool, I really like that idea. :D

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Again why would Porky a character who's very first defining character trait was a coward who's afraid of physical confrontation fight like that, While the Dr.octopus concept does seem interesting it's not Canon, it's spider mech or nothing

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Welp guys and girls, it’s that time again. New pass, New prediction sheet
FD2DB2EA-0EDF-4EC3-B2F7-23DBE0048915.png

Here’s my order and reasons for picking them:

#1- I feel like Dante will bring a new (but crazy broken) playstyle to the game and would be an excellent character to choose to bring in early sales for the pass like Joker did before.

#2- The main man himself! I needn’t explain too much about Porky as we’ve done so already throughout the thread.
But seeing Byleth become playable really reignited my hopes for him since he/she proves that first parties are still in the cards and Porky would serve as a decent second character in the pass: nothing too wild but a nice surprise that will bring a fun new kit to the game

#3- Another strong fan favourite like 2B will be appropriate for the third pick as she will most likely put smash back in public interest and could bring Nier x Automata fans to the world of smash and vice versa

#4- Sora will be the Banjo of the pass, that character that everyone said was impossible but showed up to smash in the middle of the pass and caused a huge storm throughout the world of gaming.
He will most likely be saved as a reveal for a large event such as E3

#5- If fire emblem got a new marketing rep as DLC last time, I definitely think Pokémon will get one this time and while it was tough deciding a new poke I eventually settled with Intelleon. At first I felt he would be too much like Greninja but with enough work he could be very unique and covering a lot of bases that Greninja didn’t

#6- I think this will be the final wave of DLC ultimate receives and while I thought about having Master Hand as the final character I eventually realised he would need a star and spirit board so that thought was moot.
So I eventually thought Geno would fit the bill for the final ever reveal for Smash Ultimate as he is another perceived “never-ever” who’s inclusion will cause some more buzz for the community as at this stage smash hype may have died down and will be a nice way to send off the characters showing once again, Sakurai listens to the fans. Of course the thought of TWO square owned characters getting in is ludicrous but I feel Nintendo will be prepared to go the extra mile to appease them, especially as Geno won’t need too many new songs due to technically being from the Mario Universe

(90% sure I’m dead wrong but it’s fun to speculate haha)

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Guys did Sakurai happen to say that all the upcoming dlc fighters have been decided already or no?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They could have told us who's included already then, these guys think there slick...
Then there's no way to hype up the pass much.

It's easier to slowly release some character knowledge. The first character is the one who's going to heavily hype the pass. Anyone after that won't have a big impact. If the pass is revealed day one, there's going to be people who aren't a fan of someone and not bother with the pass. Making it a mystery has been very effective since you get a great idea of how strong/unique it could be. And to be fair, every single character was new and unique in their own way. And came from different literal worlds, incidentally.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Then there's no way to hype up the pass much.

It's easier to slowly release some character knowledge. The first character is the one who's going to heavily hype the pass. Anyone after that won't have a big impact. If the pass is revealed day one, there's going to be people who aren't a fan of someone and not bother with the pass. Making it a mystery has been very effective since you get a great idea of how strong/unique it could be. And to be fair, every single character was new and unique in their own way. And came from different literal worlds, incidentally.
You have a point....

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
I'd be stoked to have Porky as a fighter. Another villain? Check. A Mother-character without PSI? Oh yeah. His arsenal of gadgets lends itself so well for Smash Bros. that'd he'd just be a plain fun character.

So I finally got around to making my own moveset for ol' Porky here. I had this in the works for ages (mainly since I had it almost completed at one point but then lost the file), but here it is:

I hope you enjoy. ^^
Inspiring effort dude. I really have to get around to drawing up my moveset – stuff like this keeps the discussion healthy. We share a couple of ideas like debuff gas, and I love the chain entrance. On mech vs. non-mech – it's really a moot point. If Sakurai likes the mech (and we know he likes and collects mechas generally), he'll find a way to make it work. I personally don't see it any bigger than Ridley.

Something I was thinking about recently – I'm fairly sure that a Porky announcement would come in part as a promotion for some movement with the Mother series, even if it's just localization of 3. I think the phenomena of Undertale lends credence to this. Nintendo have certainly not been blind to it, and there can't not have been meetings in Big N HQ about how it had its basis in a Mother fangame.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
By far my most wanted first-party rep. Not to mention a Mother character that doesn't have psychic powers has a ton of potential for crazy references. Supported.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Guys If Porky would ever get in smash it would be in his Spider Mech, this is what he did as a party member; Porky was never one for handtohand combat
70B39328-6987-4477-8907-9176DBE8B531.png

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Guys If Porky would ever get in smash it would be in his Spider Mech, this is what he did as a party member; Porky was never one for handtohand combatView attachment 260330

I was the one who brought that video in this thread, but regardless it doesn’t make sense for his character Porky is a coward and besides that move set has too many references, not enough originality
Dude, we’re just trying to suggest things. Nothing is set in stone since the character isn’t even in the game yet.

As far as source material goes, what did :ultrob:, :ultduckhunt:, :ultvillager:, :ultisabelle:,:ultfalcon:, and :ulticeclimbers: do in their games? Nothing like what they do in Smash. Even :ultfox:, :ultfalco:, and :ultwolf: had their movesets completely made up for Smash. And “too many references”? When has that ever been a problem? :ultgnw: is literally an amalgamation character with every move he has referencing a different G&W game (including throws), while :ultwiifittrainer: teaches you painful yoga with every single move she has.

It seems these two statements contradict themselves, “I want Porky in his mech to reference how he fights in the source material” but “I don’t want too many references.” They’re not mutually exclusive though, as you can make a moveset in his mech without too many references, but what’s so wrong with having references? Isn’t that what most of Smash is based on?

I’m not trying to start an argument, just pointing out that your statements don’t hold ground, as they’ve been proven false already by certain other characters in the game. If Porky were to get in, yes I can see them shrinking down his mech and giving him a moveset with that. But if they feel shrinking the mech wouldn’t work for whatever reason, they have other options that could still work very well. And whichever way they go with it, I’m sure Sakurai will make it work. But until he gets in, we have no idea how he’d be fighting.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How would you guys feel if this was the season 2 pass?

By the way, I’m a huge Porky supporter.
As long as Porky is in it, I wouldn't care less if the rest were shill picks. Kind of the same way I felt about Season Pass 1 as Banjo & Kazooie literally made me buy the whole Pass even though I didn't give two ***** for all the other characters in it. Banjo & Kazooie were literally one of my most wanted characters before getting in and Porky would do the same for me in Season Pass 2.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Here's a Porky Challenger Pack idea

Porky (of course)
Fighter Spirits: Porky (Earthbound), Porky (Mother 3) (The moveset combines the two and Porky inside has slightly different animations)

Stage: Cave of the Past (The Devil's Machine is too scary for Smash, but this would fit very well if he were release the week of Halloween)

Music (almost all remixes)
Porky Means Business!
Giygas Battle (combination of EBB and EB versions)
Battle Against a Weird Opponent
Franky
Sanctuary Guardian
Otherworldly Foe
Porky's Porkies
16 Melodies

Classic Mode:
"Descent into Evil"
  1. Vs. :ultrobin: and :ultrichter: on Coliseum ("Divine Bloodlines")
  2. Vs. :ultkingdedede: and :ultmetaknight: on Halberd ("Gourmet Race (Brawl)")
  3. Vs. :ultwario:, :ultdarkpit:, :ultwolf:, and :ultmewtwo: on Reset Bomb Forest ("Ruins")
  4. Vs. :ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig: (horde battle) on Mushroom Kingdom U ("Boss Battle (Super Mario Bros. 2)")
  5. Vs. :ultbowser: and :ultkrool: on Kongo Falls ("King Bowser")
  6. Vs. :ultbayonetta:, :ultganondorf:, :ultridley:, and :ultdarksamus: (one at a time) on Final Destination ("Dharkon")
  7. Bonus Game
  8. Vs. Marx ("Porky Means Business")

Music: Porky Means Business
Background: Devil's Machine

Spirits:
The Sharks
Support, Attack, 1 slot
Weapon Attack Up
Advanced
:ultrob: (costume 6) (easy to launch, likes to jump), :ultmorton: (prefers side specials), :ultwiifittrainerm: (prefers up specials) on Onett
Battle against a Weird Opponent

Frank
Support, Attack, 2 slots
Franklin Badge Equipped
Ace
:ultswordfighter:, giant :ultrob: (costume 3) (reinforcement, has slow super armor) on Onett
Franky

Titanic Ant
Support, Defense, 2 slots
Giant
Ace
Metal :ultridley: (costume 7) on Onett Omega
Sanctuary Guardian

Mr. Carpainter
Support, Defense
Shield Durability Up
Novice
:ultinklingboy: (costume 6) (main fighter, defeat to win), :ultswordfighter: (Hockey Mask, Vince's Outfit) x4, tiny Porky (blue EB version) on Onett BF
Otherworldly Foe

Mani-Mani Statue
Giegue [or Giygas (Earthbound Beginnings)] (enhances to Giygas [or Giygas (Earthbound)])
Pigmask
Pigmask Colonel
Fassad (enhances to New Fassad)

(sorry for the incomplete ones)

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Dude, we’re just trying to suggest things. Nothing is set in stone since the character isn’t even in the game yet.

As far as source material goes, what did :ultrob:, :ultduckhunt:, :ultvillager:, :ultisabelle:,:ultfalcon:, and :ulticeclimbers: do in their games? Nothing like what they do in Smash. Even :ultfox:, :ultfalco:, and :ultwolf: had their movesets completely made up for Smash. And “too many references”? When has that ever been a problem? :ultgnw: is literally an amalgamation character with every move he has referencing a different G&W game (including throws), while :ultwiifittrainer: teaches you painful yoga with every single move she has.

It seems these two statements contradict themselves, “I want Porky in his mech to reference how he fights in the source material” but “I don’t want too many references.” They’re not mutually exclusive though, as you can make a moveset in his mech without too many references, but what’s so wrong with having references? Isn’t that what most of Smash is based on?

I’m not trying to start an argument, just pointing out that your statements don’t hold ground, as they’ve been proven false already by certain other characters in the game. If Porky were to get in, yes I can see them shrinking down his mech and giving him a moveset with that. But if they feel shrinking the mech wouldn’t work for whatever reason, they have other options that could still work very well. And whichever way they go with it, I’m sure Sakurai will make it work. But until he gets in, we have no idea how he’d be fighting.
In hindsight yea my statements on references do contradict each other I’ll admit that, but my regardless my sentiment on Porky being in his Mech still stands.

Off topic however I don’t think Porky will be part of any
Fighters Pack our best bet is that Sakurai makes Porky surprise character like Piranha Plant which he WOULD be especially compared to the more mainstream picks.

Reason 1# He doesn’t need a brand new Stage as we already have New Pork City as a stage.

Reason 2# The only spirit that references him in any aspect the absolutely safe capsule which so happens to be the one that DOSENT include him.

E34CE6E9-07F4-4F02-966A-00EDE5F041B2.png 00232C7D-1C83-4491-BFEC-609A68C54CAB.png 449D6E66-214A-4B81-932A-413A9FA46C47.jpeg

Reason #3 Porky could have already been added in as a Boss for Ness and Lucas’s classic modes Sakurai already made the Model and the animations and hitboxes and etc case in point Galleom.

Reason #4 nearly every boss from Subspace emissary has a Spirit EXCEPT our chubster
A3650EDE-F98D-4F3A-A7EB-AA2BB3FDA515.png 17ACC911-E216-4FE8-8905-65096C211E1C.png 033142C7-5CFA-4BF6-A93C-902565967C33.png 85BA8EF3-ECA1-4833-AFD6-AFD8F78DEECA.png 204F7B20-CDEA-4979-9D90-B2498505E1D2.png 1C574357-7BAC-4115-AB18-68B813A12499.png
ALL OF THEM HAVE REPRESENTATIONS AS SPIRITS AT THE VERY LEAST AND SAKURAI SPECIFICALLY SAID THERE WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATES FOR SINGLE PLAYER MODES, MEANING NO UPDATE FOR WORLD OF LIGHT OR A BOSS RUSH; AND IT WASNT AS IF PORKY WENT INTO THE ASC AFTER BEING DEFEATED IN BRAWL AND IT ALSO WASNT A TROPHY.

THERES WAS ALSO SPIRIT BOARD FOR MOTHERS 30 ANNIVERSARY SAKURAI AND THE STAFF COULD HAVE ADDED PORKY AND GIYGAS AS SPIRITS THEN BUT STRANGELY THAT DIDNT HAPPEN.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
In hindsight yea my statements on references do contradict each other I’ll admit that, but my regardless my sentiment on Porky being in his Mech still stands.

Off topic however I don’t think Porky will be part of any
Fighters Pack our best bet is that Sakurai makes Porky surprise character like Piranha Plant which he WOULD be especially compared to the more mainstream picks.

Reason 1# He doesn’t need a brand new Stage as we already have New Pork City as a stage.

Reason 2# The only spirit that references him in any aspect the absolutely safe capsule which so happens to be the one that DOSENT include him.

View attachment 260420View attachment 260421View attachment 260422

Reason #3 Porky could have already been added in as a Boss for Ness and Lucas’s classic modes Sakurai already made the Model and the animations and hitboxes and etc case in point Galleom.

Reason #4 nearly every boss from Subspace emissary has a Spirit EXCEPT our chubster
View attachment 260428View attachment 260427View attachment 260429View attachment 260431View attachment 260430View attachment 260432
ALL OF THEM HAVE REPRESENTATIONS AS SPIRITS AT THE VERY LEAST AND SAKURAI SPECIFICALLY SAID THERE WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATES FOR SINGLE PLAYER MODES, MEANING NO UPDATE FOR WORLD OF LIGHT OR A BOSS RUSH; AND IT WASNT AS IF PORKY WENT INTO THE ASC AFTER BEING DEFEATED IN BRAWL AND IT ALSO WASNT A TROPHY.

THERES WAS ALSO SPIRIT BOARD FOR MOTHERS 30 ANNIVERSARY SAKURAI AND THE STAFF COULD HAVE ADDED PORKY AND GIYGAS AS SPIRITS THEN BUT STRANGELY THAT DIDNT HAPPEN.
Rayquaza, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand also have Spirits of their own too. Porky is the only Brawl boss without a Spirit, unless the ASC was meant to be a stand-in as a joke/reference to how he ended up in Mother 3.

Though I don’t see us getting another “Bonus character” like Plant. I feel they would’ve announced that before they announced FP2. Also, Plant may have been planned for base game, which could be why he was free for a time. I really don’t think we’ll be getting another pass after this one, though I thought the same about the last pass. Regardless, I think we may need to hope for a mixed bag type Fighter’s Pass. Meaning, a mix of first and third parties. A first party only pass would also work.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Oh, well, if we are dropping lists of characters, here's mine, I purposely put Porky at the end because he's the only first party, and since in the first DLC pack the first party was the last one, I did the same with mine... also, this is a list of characters that I want, but not a list of characters that I realistically expect.

Fighter_Pass_2.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Anyone here ever watched Smash Kingdom? Porky appears in the latest episode and he is a KOS-MOS/2B fanboy lol!

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Oh, well, if we are dropping lists of characters, here's mine, I purposely put Porky at the end because he's the only first party, and since in the first DLC pack the first party was the last one, I did the same with mine... also, this is a list of characters that I want, but not a list of characters that I realistically expect.

View attachment 260599
I'd swap Spyro out for Crash, just because he's a little more exciting to me.
And I'd probably swap Firebrand out for Doom Slayer.

Otherwise I'd be really happy with that lineup.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Crash and Spyro are like The Mario and Sonic of the late 90s/early 2000s it’s hard to imagine one without the other

(EDIT) I mean if there would only be one option I guess I would go with Crash

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In a perfect world we would get both Crash and Spyro. But realistically when it comes down to it at the end of the day, they're going to go with Crash first because of him basically being the mascot of the PS1 back in the day. Though I highly prefer Spyro over Crash if I had the option to choose.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I’d love if they made that his tagline but I feel like they’d go with something lame like “king of new pork city” or “pig king”

Nezznar

Smash Rookie
Updated the list with some "Never Ever" dream picks and predictions/expectations. When it comes to Porky, i'll be honest my hope has dissipated. I'm still clinging onto a bit of it, you never know what could happen, and Byleth being added arguably does make his chances a little better. Still, don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Updated the list with some "Never Ever" dream picks and predictions/expectations. When it comes to Porky, i'll be honest my hope has dissipated. I'm still clinging onto a bit of it, you never know what could happen, and Byleth being added arguably does make his chances a little better. Still, don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

Lol! Putting the Sonic fast food logo on Eggman's slot.

funnaming

Smash Rookie
Not gonna lie the sunflowers in the 30th anniversary picture still bother me :/ like WHAT WAS THAT

AaronOfDoom77

Smash Rookie
Not gonna lie the sunflowers in the 30th anniversary picture still bother me :/ like WHAT WAS THAT
They’ve drawn special graphics for spirit events before. I’ve heard people say that the flowers might have been 3D renders, which is really interesting. Still, all it really means is that Nintendo put in a little extra work for Mother fans. Hopefully they’re willing to put in a little more, if you catch my drift ~

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Megalomaniacal Mecha Master
Mr. Happy Happy
King P
Chimera Commander
Absolutely Not Safe!
Up-and-Coming at Monotoli
Grounded for a Trillion Years
“Absolutely Not Safe!”

I like it.

Nezznar

Smash Rookie
Well, Sakurai just confirmed that this fighters pass will be the very last. That makes me a bit worried, but I'm just hoping that we get some unique fighters.

AaronOfDoom77

Smash Rookie
Well, Sakurai just confirmed that this fighters pass will be the very last. That makes me a bit worried, but I'm just hoping that we get some unique fighters.
Even if Porky’s not in it, I have confidence that this next Fighters Pass will be just as good as the last one.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
By the way, today was the release of some new Nes and Snes game for Switch and there's still no sign of Earthbound. I hate having my hopes too high, but I'm still hopeful about some sort of Mother trilogy, and maybe Porky could be a promotional pick?

Top Bottom