• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Since there was no reveal at game awards, it kind of gives me the impression FP5 won’t be a big character and probably someone a bit more niche. If Nintendo doesn’t make the pass 100% third party (which they probably will) maybe this helps our boy Porky’s chances a little
Edit: forgot to mention that Nintendo would be even less likely to save a huge reveal for last in the fighter pass since they don’t need to push as hard to sell it anymore since most of the target audience would have already bought the pass a year ago

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I feel like if we get a Direct this month Porky's chances will skyrocket to the moon. Call me crazy, but that's what I'm feeling right now in my gut if things go down that road.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Even if he doesn’t get that smash invitation this month, the decade is almost over so Porky is allowed to eat ice cream again
AD2EB53D-92F7-4FDA-9100-7C9C9E9D19DD.jpeg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Porky in his safe capsule is actually a pretty cool idea for a victory pose.
I can imagine Porky getting in it after he is victorious in his match. I can also see Porky acting like a braty child when he is in and spanking his butt and saying: "Spankty! Spankety! Come get me loser!" While spitting his tongue out inside the capsule.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Imagine the main point in porky's trailer really is him coming back just for dessert and him being oblivious that he's included

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
It's a little late, but do try to avoid media only posts. ;)
Bro I've doing that since the beginning, I never posted anything inappropriate

(EDIT) Wait a min I misread my bad I'll try to remember

(EDIT) turns out the year of the pig meant nothing.....aughhhh

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Happy new years my Pig Mask comrades! Let's pray we finally get Mother 3 over here in the west as well as our Pig King in Smash ;)
To be honest I don’t think we’ll ever get Mother 3 now, that ship sailed and I think Reggie’s statement about shelving the series until the right time was just corporate babble.
But Porky DLC might still be on the cards as we still don’t know what direction the new wave of DLC will go in, and Nintendo is waiting a suspiciously long time to release FP5 (giving the impression it won’t be a major character)

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Oh it's definitely over for a Mother 3 localization Nintendo and shigisato itoi can both kiss my ass on that department; We should imo primarily focus on Porky being DLC imo

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
I think an earthbound remake is way more likely than a Mother 3 port is for sure. Man it really sucks to be a fan of a series like this where the parent company doesn't seem to care about it at all :(

We still have more going for us than any other first party character, regardless. Until the development for this game is over, I will remain cautiously hopeful.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
At this point I just hope that the fact that both main antagonist of the franchise (Porky and Giygas) and both Earthbound game being absent for the Nes and Snes online app will mean that we will get something in the future. Maybe they want to release Porky dlc + Earthbound at the same time?

Also I want to remind that despite the fact that Nintendo skip the Earthbound franchise 30th anniversary, I don't think it means that the franchise is dead. I remember in 2016 it was Metroid 30th anniversary and people thought that we would finally have a Metroid announcement. At the end of 2016 we got nothing, but e3 2017 we got Metroid samus returns and Metroid prime 4 announcement (with Samus returns releasing the same year). Nintendo never cared that much about anniversary so I could see Earthbound being back in the near future.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
To be honest I don’t think we’ll ever get Mother 3 now, that ship sailed and I think Reggie’s statement about shelving the series until the right time was just corporate babble.
But Porky DLC might still be on the cards as we still don’t know what direction the new wave of DLC will go in, and Nintendo is waiting a suspiciously long time to release FP5 (giving the impression it won’t be a major character)
I somewhat a agree. But we must push on the faith that it will happen. You also got to remember guys that Nintendo passed up DKC's 25th anniversary and Microsoft and Rare passed up Banjo-Kazooie's 20th anniversary so us not getting Mother 3 and Porky on the 30th anniversary of Mother doesn't affect their chances so the dream can still happen. Banjo & Kazooie came to Smash just a year after their 20th anniversary so it can happen with Porky too.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well, I’ve come to expect nothing, but I don’t think Mother 3 is ever fully off the table simply because it only takes them to say “Mother 3 is coming to the West/rest of the world.” They literally just need to say that. Don’t even need a trailer, gameplay, anything else. Literally just that sentence is enough, and it can come out of nowhere (haha) whenever they feel like it.

But if we can’t get Mother 3, at least we can get this!

(Mother 4 team finally showed off their rebrand.)

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
So we managed to get Mother 4 (in a sense) before Mother 3 jeez this world sometimes....

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So we managed to get Mother 4 (in a sense) before Mother 3 jeez this world sometimes....
Well it’s not out yet, but you could say that we got confirmation of Mother 4/Oddity coming to the USA before we got confirmation of Mother 3 coming.

But ya, at this rate, Oddity is probably coming out before an official version of Mother 3. :(

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, look at it this way; if Oddity gets out and eventually manages to get on the Switch (unlikely at this stage, but Undertale and even Cave Story were freeware once), it would get a rating. If the content in the game got rated T or M and sold well enough, it would show NOA that the risk of bringing over Mother 3 is worth taking.

If worse comes to worst, Oddity could somehow eventually get into Smash. :4pacman:

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
That’s true but I feel like another massive indie game needs to get in before that happens as at the moment it seems Sakurai isn’t completely with the idea of them being playable.
But yeah I’d love for Oddity to eventually be ported to the switch but I guess it depends on if Nintendo aren’t too afraid to do it like with Mother 3

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Well, I’ve come to expect nothing, but I don’t think Mother 3 is ever fully off the table simply because it only takes them to say “Mother 3 is coming to the West/rest of the world.” They literally just need to say that. Don’t even need a trailer, gameplay, anything else. Literally just that sentence is enough, and it can come out of nowhere (haha) whenever they feel like it.

But if we can’t get Mother 3, at least we can get this!

(Mother 4 team finally showed off their rebrand.)
If they keep the same irreverent Mother-style humor they just have to have a nod to the rebrand in the game.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Hey you guys should look at this; my eyes burned now yours must too
C79B560A-D609-4D92-B4DC-74222D7DADFD.jpeg

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
https://youtu.be/YctJJw_aItY
There’s a bit of a dry spell with smash news but I saw this, it seems our boy porky has the Jwittz seal of approval (implying he knew who porky is, which he might as he appeared briefly in the vid)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
https://youtu.be/YctJJw_aItY
There’s a bit of a dry spell with smash news but I saw this, it seems our boy porky has the Jwittz seal of approval (implying he knew who porky is, which he might as he appeared briefly in the vid)
Perhaps, but I really don't care what that guy says about who he doesn't want in Smash. He diss my girl Dixie Kong.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Not directly related to Porky but Astal chain just got killed by spirits event. https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1216887991160827904

The thing that scares me about this is the fact that we might just get no first party character in Ultimate's dlc. I always thought Astral chain has the biggest chance of new first party franchise. Then again, it might means nothing for Porky chance, but I just hope Sakurai give us some first party.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
I have more hope for Porky as a second Fighters Pass character at the moment but I can’t lie I’m pretty excited for this announcement, no matter what character it ends up being. (Hopefully Porky!)

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I have a very strong feeling that the character will be Dante, but it is exciting nonetheless I really hope it’s Porky’s turn (or that he appears in the next wave) but we’ll see

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Gonna be honest don't think Porky is the next DLC character since the other 4 have been 3rd party. (Fingers crossed for Dante though!)

However, every 1st party character that gets a spirit added is one less person we have to worry about and Porky's chance slightly increases every time it happens unless he gets hit with the same fate, which doesn't seem super likely right now in my opinion. Character Pass 2 looking much more likely imo.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Don’t know who he is, but if he’s a leaker with a good track record, unfortunately it seems he’s saying it’s a character in an ownership situation similar to Bayonetta (although she really is just owned by Sega and Nintendo just got exclusivity rights and promotes her as far as I know). However, I guess Mother is split between Nintendo and Itoi himself, but it doesn’t seem all that similar so idk.

Last edited:

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Don’t know who he is, but if he’s a leaker with a good track record, unfortunately it seems he’s saying it’s a character in an ownership situation similar to Bayonetta (although she really is just owned by Sega and Nintendo just got exclusivity rights and promotes her as far as I know).
Zippo specifically mentioned in that thread that Porky's absence is very strange (like we've been saying this whole time lol).

Porky does fit the whole 1st party "kinda sorta" thing though since isn't he technically owned by HAL and some other company on top of Nintendo? We're kind of guessing what he means by that too, I think Porky would fit that though unless he clarifies otherwise.

Also, with how people are talking about him in that thread and here, I'm assuming he's a leaker with some sort of credibility.

Last edited:
Top Bottom