• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean Geoff. Vergeben and Sabi haven't leaked any Smash news regarding the VGAs, they've only been disconfirming characters for Fighter 5.
Who's Geoff? Is he a credible leaker like Sabi and Verge or is he a guy in the industry with deep inside connections?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
He's the host of the VGAs I think; I meant what he said on Reddit in those images didn't matter for Smash news.
Oh holy **** I wasn't expecting that response. Wow! He definitely knows who FP5 is.

Edit: Page 64! Earthbound 64 to be exact!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

It looks like Daisy is acting as a placeholder for FP5 here since all the other DLC characters are in the photo along with Mario who I will disregard. So right now I'm thinking FP5 is a Nintendo character and is probably a female. Though I really hope this doesn't mean anything and we get Porky.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
To be honest I would be happy with pretty much anything first party, because that would put Porky back on the spotlight again (right now people kind of forgot about him because everyone is expecting another huge third party).

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman

It looks like Daisy is acting as a placeholder for FP5 here since all the other DLC characters are in the photo along with Mario who I will disregard. So right now I'm thinking FP5 is a Nintendo character and is probably a female. Though I really hope this doesn't mean anything and we get Porky.
Eh, I assume she’s only a placeholder and not eluding to anything more since 2B might not get in due to similar reasons as Mai (too lewd), Reimu feels a little too obscure and Lara Croft has to compete with the likes of Sora, Noctis and Geno assuming we get another Square character.
Unless there’s another female character I’m missing idk

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78218788?jumpto=51#51
If this is true, Porky and Sylux are not FP5.

So, it may sound like Vergeben is leaking Saber to me.
Someone in the general DLC thread made a comment that maybe him and/or Sabi were being fed false information to try and tank their credibility, and I could see that being a thing. We know Verge has been right about things in the past, but he has also been wrong several times before too. I really can't see how the next character wouldn't be from that list.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If Vergeben is right on that one, the only character I can think of is either Sony rep or indie rep. Both of them I doubt will happen, but I guess we will see.

andree123

Smash Ace
Someone in the general DLC thread made a comment that maybe him and/or Sabi were being fed false information to try and tank their credibility, and I could see that being a thing. We know Verge has been right about things in the past, but he has also been wrong several times before too. I really can't see how the next character wouldn't be from that list.
Oh, you are referring to Geoff's statement that there isn't leaks as of this writing for the TGAs?

EDIT 1:
Vergeben categorized Blizzard as separate from Activision despite the former being owned by the latter so I would not count out HAL Laboratory, Pokémon/Game Freak/Creatures, Shigesato Itoi/APE/Mother/Earthbound, Intelligent Systems, Monolith Soft, SNK, Atlus, Platinum Games, etc.
Vergeben is still looking into those.
We still have hope for Porky to join in the Fighters Pass.

EDIT 2:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78235954
Nintendo is no longer deconfirmed by Vergeben, so that means Porky now has a higher chance to be part of the fighters pass, only if Vergeben's "Guess Who?" character is FP5.

Last edited:

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Not specifically Porky related, but what do we all think of this???

https://nintendoeverything.com/mother-original-soundtrack-pre-orders-open/

Could it mean anything? Or am I just getting my hopes up again?
I mean it's kinda Porky related. Is this from Nintendo or 3rd party?

Also, it seems like the last fighter for the pass has been leaked, and it's not looking super hot for us. Granted there's more characters to come, but it's still a little disappointing. If we go through this whole game's life span and Porky doesn't get a spirit I will be baffled.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Also, it seems like the last fighter for the pass has been leaked, and it's not looking super hot for us. Granted there's more characters to come, but it's still a little disappointing. If we go through this whole game's life span and Porky doesn't get a spirit I will be baffled.
Well then, if the last character has been leaked, I’ll see you all after TGA so I don’t spoil it for myself.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Oooooh man all these upcoming news is getting my hopes up again, it’s gonna hurt sooooo bad

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman

Are you referring to the Master Chief leak? I’m a little sceptical about it since we did have an audio “leak” for Sora which was proven fake the other day

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Are you referring to the Master Chief leak? I’m a little sceptical about it since we did have an audio “leak” for Sora which was proven fake the other day
Nah I'm refereing to another one I don't want to say who it is specifically since idk if people are avoiding leaks but it's who Jon from GameXplain thinks it is. Would be more than fine with Chief tho!

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Aw come on just say if it isn't porky bro Master Chief huh? Alright better then Geno lol

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Waits it’s tomorrow I thought it was in the 13?
One more point of Reference Mother 3 was released 2006 it’s been 13 years since it was released and the vgas from will start on the 13th of this month ( from I understand ), the MOTHER had it’s 30th anniversary and it’s still the year of the pig.

Cmon the stars have preordained this event my pigmask brothers imo it’s now or never

Last edited:

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
I really shouldn’t be so hopeful about tomorrow’s Game Awards but Porky being one of the only possible choices that haven’t been deconfirmed by leakers and Reggie being there... it gives him a pretty okay chance, in my opinion.

Lets just hope, my fellow Pigmasks.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't think we'll see Porky in Smash at the game awards, but with Reggie being there and the fact that is's the last gaming event for the year of Mother 30th anniversary makes me hope that we might have something. Either a mother trilogy or just mother 3, it would be a perfect conclusion for Reggie career. Then even if Porky isn't announced, he would be one of the top contender for post pass characters.

Then again, I don't want to get my hopes too high, but I'm still hopeful for anything Mother related at the GA.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I hear stuff about not being any news about Smash on the game awards so I wouldn't expect anything really, and I'm sure Reggie was just invited for his contributions in the videogame world and he's not gonna do anything crazy like announce Mother 3 or something like that.
I hope to be 100% wrong on this.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Yeah my sentiments exactly maybe Nintendo will squeeze a direct out later this month...or not

Top Bottom