• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I don't know if any of you remember or not about this, but sometime before Verge leaked E3 a couple of months in advance back in 2018 he also leaked or said something about a Mother 3 localization probably happening at some point. I don't have the source to this post of his, but I definitely remember him saying that.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So I don't know if any of you remember or not about this, but sometime before Verge leaked E3 a couple of months in advance back in 2018 he also leaked or said something about a Mother 3 localization probably happening at some point. I don't have the source to this post of his, but I definitely remember him saying that.
I remember seeing that post, too; it may have even been shared in this thread before, but I’m not 100% sure. I’m hoping what he said is true and Nintendo keeps thinking about it, but I fear his sources could’ve lied or could’ve been fed false info...

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I feel like it could have been leak bait as other leakers have doubled down on Mother 3 in the past and were wrong (like Lauren Kate Dale)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've found his original post for those who want it. A lot of things end up being true, but some others end up being false (like we never saw Metroid prime 4 gameplay, Soul calibur 6 isn't on Switch, Blizzard didn't port Earthstone on Switch).

Also it was 2 years ago, so at this point my guess is that those where mistake from him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7c9n8i/leakileaks/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Honestly, I just want to pretend this leak still has some relevance and Mother 3 is finally coming out in the west along with Porky as DLC in Smash to promote it.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys remember Sakurai only has to say at least one of the upcoming packs will feature Nintendo ip characters; if he says that then imo everything will fall into our favor - remember though if

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey guys remember Sakurai only has to say at least one of the upcoming packs will feature Nintendo ip characters; if he says that then imo everything will fall into our favor - remember though if
I swear, I will be pissed if we don't get another Nintendo character in the DLC lineup.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
It is really odd to think that Nintendo wouldn’t squeeze even one first party in as DLC (minus plant), whether it be Porky or a FE/Pokémon character.
For me, I kind of want closure more than anything. If in the event Porky isn’t playable I just want to know where he is and why he’s missing although I doubt we’ll ever get it, aside from “he forgot”

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It is really odd to think that Nintendo wouldn’t squeeze even one first party in as DLC (minus plant), whether it be Porky or a FE/Pokémon character.
For me, I kind of want closure more than anything. If in the event Porky isn’t playable I just want to know where he is and why he’s missing although I doubt we’ll ever get it, aside from “he forgot”
I HIGHLY believe the reason Piranha Plant was DLC because he was planned for the base roster, but couldn't be finished in time due to time constraints so they moved him towards the DLC lineup. Plant being the only DLC character to receive a Palutena's Guidance codex is strong evidence for this.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry for the double post, but what do you guys think this means for our pig boi:

GameXplain has some deep connections within Nintendo, so them just coming out of the blue with this video to me suggest that we are getting at least one Nintendo character in the DLC lineup at some point. It's also surprising to me that they waited to jump on this topic right when the fifth Season Pass character is about to drop within the next couple of weeks. Could this be a sign? Could this be a sign that Porky might actually be revealed in December at the VGA or a Smash Direct? Say what you want and call me crazy with this small analysis, but I want to believe. Also, I know Porky doesn't have a Spirit, but if we get another Nintendo character I think he probably has the best shot because of not having one.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree with their point that smash characters have never ended on a massive high note so we could potentially get a first party as the fifth fighter instead of a massive industry shaking character, but I just can’t see them announcing a first party at the game awards especially after the big song and dance they pulled for Joker’s reveal trailer last year.
But that being said we could get two reveals, the final pass character and the first wave 2 pick.
It certainly does give me a little hope for the Porkster but we’ll have to see

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So it appears Sabi and her sources have somewhat deconfirmed Lloyd. Right now it's literally anyone's game for FP5. Stay on your toes my pig mask comrades, the next couple of weeks are going to be a bumpy ride. :estatic:

Sorry for double posting again, but new Earthbound 64 screenshots and information have just surfaced:

Source Gaming has more coming in the future. :awesome:

Douglas J. Walker 94

Banned via Warnings
Sorry for double posting again, but new Earthbound 64 screenshots and information have just surfaced:

Source Gaming has more coming in the future. :awesome:
Show of hands. How many people here think we should see the Mother 3 Nintendo 64 version of Lucas as an alternate costume for Lucas is they decide to give us some alternate costumes for other other character's and not just the Mii's.

Also. Could somebody add me to the support list?

Ultimate needs more badguys and Mother/Earthbound deserves a new rep that isn't a straight up clone of Ness.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Show of hands. How many people here think we should see the Mother 3 Nintendo 64 version of Lucas as an alternate costume for Lucas is they decide to give us some alternate costumes for other other character's and not just the Mii's.

Also. Could somebody add me to the support list?

Ultimate needs more badguys and Mother/Earthbound deserves a new rep that isn't a straight up clone of Ness.
Welcome to the Pig Mask army my new comrade.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Let's recap my Pig Mask comrades:

- Porky has no Spirit.

- The Absolute Safe Capsule's sprite used for the Spirit in the game is the empty version.

- Every Subspace Emissary boss has a Spirit except Porky.

- Mother's 30th anniversary is this year.

- Year of the pig.

- Sakurai saying in a Fatmitsu interview that one of the reasons he added Piranha Plant was to fill the roster up with more villains, which the roster was kind of lacking.

- A unknown screencap of sunflowers in the picture for the Mother Spirit board event.

- Sakurai saying in Terry's presentation that "It's more important that a character is fun to play, not just being recognizable."

- GameXplain's recent video highlighting that it's not impossible for FP5 or any future DLC to be a Nintendo character.

- The possibility of Mother 3 finally getting officially localize in the west and Porky as Smash DLC to promote it.

Anything else? VGA is coming in 9 days and it's the best time if any for our master King P to be revealed due to Mother's 30th anniversary and it still being year of the pig. We might not win, and we might not have another chance in the future for this game, but one thing is certain: This is our finest stand or per say finest hour if pig boi get's in.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Let's recap my Pig Mask comrades:

- Porky has no Spirit.

- The Absolute Safe Capsule's sprite used for the Spirit in the game is the empty version.

- Every Subspace Emissary boss has a Spirit except Porky.

- Mother's 30th anniversary is this year.

- Year of the pig.

- Sakurai saying in a Fatmitsu interview that one of the reasons he added Piranha Plant was to fill the roster up with more villains, which the roster was kind of lacking.

- A unknown screencap of sunflowers in the picture for the Mother Spirit board event.

- Sakurai saying in Terry's presentation that "It's more important that a character is fun to play, not just being recognizable."

- GameXplain's recent video highlighting that it's not impossible for FP5 or any future DLC to be a Nintendo character.

- The possibility of Mother 3 finally getting officially localize in the west and Porky as Smash DLC to promote it.

Anything else? VGA is coming in 9 days and it's the best time if any for our master King P to be revealed due to Mother's 30th anniversary and it still being year of the pig. We might not win, and we might not have another chance in the future for this game, but one thing is certain: This is our finest stand or per say finest hour if pig boi get's in.
The biggest thing going for Porky without a shadow of a doubt is his lack of a spirit. Every Brawl boss has one except him. He was purposefully skipped over when they were choosing spirits and it's literally a matter of "oh yeah we're saving him later for this" or "he's not that important, use other Mother characters instead." I just find it very hard to believe he was skipped over and I want to know why.

Also Porky missing a spirit means way more than other characters people are listing that don't have spirits since Porky has had a boss fight (two technically), stages, music, and items based on him in the past. Other characters people are listing have never had anything to do with smash so it doesn't really matter.

andree123

Smash Ace
it's literally a matter of "oh yeah we're saving him later for this" or "he's not that important, use other Mother characters instead." I just find it very hard to believe he was skipped over and I want to know why.
This makes sense since Sakurai wrote a signature on the Mother 3 poster of Brownie Brown in just 5 months before the announcement of Post Fighters Pass fighters being worked on in September 2019 direct, I am hoping that means Porky is planned to be FP5.
https://www.reddit.com/r/earthbound/comments/bfxil2

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
This makes sense since Sakurai wrote a signature on the Mother 3 poster of Brownie Brown in just 5 months before the announcement of Post Fighters Pass fighters being worked on in September 2019 direct, I am hoping that means Porky is planned to be FP5.
https://www.reddit.com/r/earthbound/comments/bfxil2
Brownie Brown is the team that collaborated with HAL to make Mother 3 right? So we know Sakurai was at a Mother 3 developer's office, Vergeben has said in the past Nintendo is sitting on a finished port of the game, and Porky is mysteriously absent from Ultimate.

I would like to think this actually means something, but we all know not to get our hopes up for anything around here lol.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
There is a chance we could get a very late Mother 3 reveal (along with Porky joining smash) at game awards but I’m not getting my hopes up.
I feel like they will round out the pass with a third party and maybe the second wave can begin with a first party.
If nothing comes of game awards, then I don’t know what’s left for Porky

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There is a chance we could get a very late Mother 3 reveal (along with Porky joining smash) at game awards but I’m not getting my hopes up.
I feel like they will round out the pass with a third party and maybe the second wave can begin with a first party.
If nothing comes of game awards, then I don’t know what’s left for Porky
Like I said before, VGA is Porky's best chance. But it's not over until all the DLC is out so we will just have to hold on strong and tight if he isn't at the VGA.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
The biggest thing going for Porky without a shadow of a doubt is his lack of a spirit. Every Brawl boss has one except him. He was purposefully skipped over when they were choosing spirits and it's literally a matter of "oh yeah we're saving him later for this" or "he's not that important, use other Mother characters instead." I just find it very hard to believe he was skipped over and I want to know why.

Also Porky missing a spirit means way more than other characters people are listing that don't have spirits since Porky has had a boss fight (two technically), stages, music, and items based on him in the past. Other characters people are listing have never had anything to do with smash so it doesn't really matter.
Don't forget that whoever was picking spirits for Mother literally went out of their way to choose the ASC without Porky in it. It may not mean much but it's really hard to find a sprite picture of the capsule without Porky in it online.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
6 new games are being added to the NES and SNES Switch online app, but still no Earthbound and no Earthbound beginnings
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1202392143282589696?s=19

In some way this is sad, but I think this might be good news for us, I want to stay positive and hope that we might get full remaster of those games.
Yeah considering those were some of the most popular games on the Wii U eshop and we don't have them yet knowing how easy they would be to port makes me think they could be saving em.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I’m not quite sure why everyone is saying that the last really good chance for Porky is this year at TGA. I mean, ya, 30th anniversary and year of the pig (and the sooner we get him the better), but why does it NEED to be this year? The only newcomer reveal I can remember that took place on an anniversary for their series was Little Mac.

In other words, I don’t think it really matters much if he’s not released this year. Sure it would make sense, but it rarely ever happens with Smash. Smash just reveals characters whenever the heck they feel like it for the most part. So, if he’s not at TGA or in some last minute end of the year Direct, I wouldn’t worry too much. All it really takes is them to say “Oh ya, we’re adding Porky in the game as a fighter.” (Which could then optionally be followed by...) “Oh and here’s an EarthBound trilogy too. Have fun.”

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I guess it just thematically makes the most sense for a first party to be revealed on an anniversary to compete with the wave of third parties that make up the DLC so far.
Me personally, I feel like Nintendo is going in a more corporate direction with the DLC as they chose all third party character to try and fish in new fans from other game series, mind you this could all change in the second wave but I will admit if the first character in the next wave is another third party then things ain’t looking good

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
My sentiments exactly I kinda want this 5th fighter to be unveiled already imo if it's not gonna be porky

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
So apparently people are saying Capcom is out of the running for the final slot.

Remember this was supposed to originally be the final character for the whole game. Is this where they were going to add Porky's missing spirit?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Does anybody remember when Nintendo leaked SNK on the Smash Bros. website for FP4/Terry? Well FP5's copyright was on their too and it was from a company already in the game. So if we are to be believed: Namco is out, Capcom is out, and the other companies are just less likely to have another fighter at the moment because of already getting one in the Season Pass. So you put the dots together with that and all we have left is Nintendo.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So...we gonna start talking leaks now? Cause I’m just gonna leave till after TGA if that’s the case. I’d like to have as much surprise as possible with the next character, no matter how much I care for said character.

Top Bottom