• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
The only remaining thing going against porky right now is the VERY slim possibility that we get a dlc/update thing to world of light and we get porky as a boss.

However, there is more evidence for him being a fighter rather than a boss.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Sakurai implied that Homerun contest is gonna be the last mode to be added to Smash Ultimate. Which is a little disappointing since I would really like a proper boss rush mode.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The only remaining thing going against porky right now is the VERY slim possibility that we get a dlc/update thing to world of light and we get porky as a boss.

And a update that puts him in as a Spirit. It's crazy that it's taken this long and we haven't seen Porky as a Spirit in a update, but it still could happen though.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai implied that Homerun contest is gonna be the last mode to be added to Smash Ultimate. Which is a little disappointing since I would really like a proper boss rush mode.
Sorry to hear bro but I was dreading that mode coming back on this occasion though

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

There's also a part of me that is nervous that they're only going to be doing 3rd party DLC characters. I hope we see a Nintendo character soon so I can stop worrying about Porky and Dixie's chances so much.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Any other potential Nintendo dlc characters you guys would like aside from the chubster?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Any other potential Nintendo dlc characters you guys would like aside from the chubster?
In no particular order...

Octoling as an Echo of Inkling
Ninten as an Echo of Ness
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Rex & Pyra
Gen. 8 Pokemon
Rhythm Heaven rep (to throw the fans a bone)
Advanced Wars rep (same thing)
ARMS Rep
Sylux (if he has a significant role in MP4)
Waluigi
Another F-ZERO Rep maybe?

That’s just who I can name off the top of my head. Obviously this is making a few assumptions (Spirit/AT upgrades), but it’s just a list of those that could appear now that we kind of have a fresh start after the pass. Though obviously I’d want Porky over these. But any of them could be fun.

And people say there aren’t good first party choices left. Lol.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Krystal
Dixie Kong
Pig Ganon
Geno (While owned by Square-Enix is still technically a Mario character.)
Skull Kid
Paper Mario
Medusa
Hades
Viridi
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Lanky Kong
Urbosa
Marx
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Deoxys
Black Shadow
Samurai Goroh
Mach Rider
Ayumi Tachibana
Wart
Lip
Takamaru
Kamek
Mona

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
There's also a part of me that is nervous that they're only going to be doing 3rd party DLC characters. I hope we see a Nintendo character soon so I can stop worrying about Porky and Dixie's chances so much.
I think that if the first reveal in the new batch is a third party completely new to the series like all the fighter pass characters were then Porky’s chances aren’t looking good. But if they do something wacky like upgrade a spirit or bring in a new first party then I think Porky will be quite likely

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think that if the first reveal in the new batch is a third party completely new to the series like all the fighter pass characters were then Porky’s chances aren’t looking good. But if they do something wacky like upgrade a spirit or bring in a new first party then I think Porky will be quite likely
Three most likely Nintendo characters in each categories:

Assist Trophy promotion: Waluigi

Spirit promotion: Elma

Missing in action/promotional: Porky Minch

Even if the two above come before King P, it will be very good for him.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Aside from Porky I really hope we will get a Rhythm heaven rep, but I don't think it will happen.
It's not as unlikely as you may think. The Chorus Kids were planned for Smash 4 as they were in the Gematsu leak back in the day with :4littlemac:, Gen 6 Pokemon rep/:4greninja:, :4palutena:, :4pacman:, :4shulk:, and Chrom who later got into Ultimate as a Echo. And there was some leftover Rhythm Heaven data for I think a franchise icon? I could be wrong. I know there was left over data for some cut Rhythm Heaven character probably the Chrous Kids.

Chorus Kids obviously got cut for the same reason the Ice Climbers did was because the 3DS could't handle that many players/CPU on screen.

Maybe Sakurai will add them as DLC or put them in the base roster for Smash 6.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
It's not as unlikely as you may think. The Chorus Kids were planned for Smash 4 as they were in the Gematsu leak back in the day with :4littlemac:, Gen 6 Pokemon rep/:4greninja:, :4palutena:, :4pacman:, :4shulk:, and Chrom who later got into Ultimate as a Echo. And there was some leftover Rhythm Heaven data for I think a franchise icon? I could be wrong. I know there was left over data for some cut Rhythm Heaven character probably the Chrous Kids.

Chorus Kids obviously got cut for the same reason the Ice Climbers did was because the 3DS could't handle that many players/CPU on screen.
Yes I already knew about the Gematsu leak and the fact that they might have been cut from Smash 4, but the reason I think they're unlikely is because if Sakurai really wanted them... He would have just put them in the base game. I really don't think Chorus kids (or anything Rhythm heaven) would sell that much as DLC. Also Sakurai isn't choosing the DLC and I always thought that a Rhythm heaven rep was a "Sakurai choice".

Speaking of that, it's also confirmed that Nintendo is choosing the post fighter pass DLC. https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1171811621695418369

It's hard to say how that will affect Porky chances, I really hope that this time they throw some first party character.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Yes I already knew about the Gematsu leak and the fact that they might have been cut from Smash 4, but the reason I think they're unlikely is because if Sakurai really wanted them... He would have just put them in the base game. I really don't think Chorus kids (or anything Rhythm heaven) would sell that much as DLC. Also Sakurai isn't choosing the DLC and I always thought that a Rhythm heaven rep was a "Sakurai choice".

Speaking of that, it's also confirmed that Nintendo is choosing the post fighter pass DLC. https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1171811621695418369

It's hard to say how that will affect Porky chances, I really hope that this time they throw some first party character.
If that's the case then I don't think Porky is getting in. Most proof going for porky is that he was missing as a spirit and not a boss but now i'm starting to think that the devs just forgot and thought there was no reason to update the game just to add that in with no other spirits. I think we'll be getting third party fighters honestly.
Pretty much any new characters that will sell a bunch like Sora and etc. It will take an actual miracle for Porky to make it.

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
If that's the case then I don't think Porky is getting in. Most proof going for porky is that he was missing as a spirit and not a boss but now i'm starting to think that the devs just forgot and thought there was no reason to update the game just to add that in with no other spirits. I think we'll be getting third party fighters honestly.
Pretty much any new characters that will sell a bunch like Sora and etc. It will take an actual miracle for Porky to make it.
Theres no way they "forgot" about porky.

You cant look up the Absolutely safe capsule and not see Porky's name. The same goes for the Masked Man. He is one of the more iconic characters of the Mother series and is known to many.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Theres no way they "forgot" about porky.

You cant look up the Absolutely safe capsule and not see Porky's name. The same goes for the Masked Man. He is one of the more iconic characters of the Mother series and is known to many.
Ok yeah but the fact that Nintendo is picking kinda makes me think he's not getting in. Plus Sakurai hinted at third parties in the direct. WE all know Nintendo doesn't care about the Mother series. The nes online is a good example.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
One thing to note is that not only Porky is missing as a spirit but also Giygas. Maybe that's a huge coincidence but having both main antagonist from Earthbound completely missing is really weird to me. Earthbound was one of the few games that have representation since the first Smash game, there's no way the spirit team just "forgot about them", especially considering that we have more obscure Earthbound character that have spirit. If you know about Buzz buzz enough to give him a battle, you clearly remember Porky.

Porky is such in a weird situation that I have no idea what to think anymore. The only thing we can do is, like Paula, pray from the bottom of our heart that Nintendo didn't forgot this franchise and will do something with it in the future.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Great choices guys I personally want fighter hayabusa from the NES game Pro Wrestling it was one of my uncles favorite games while he was still around

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
One thing to note is that not only Porky is missing as a spirit but also Giygas. Maybe that's a huge coincidence but having both main antagonist from Earthbound completely missing is really weird to me. Earthbound was one of the few games that have representation since the first Smash game, there's no way the spirit team just "forgot about them", especially considering that we have more obscure Earthbound character that have spirit. If you know about Buzz buzz enough to give him a battle, you clearly remember Porky.
To be fair, Giygas has never had any form of representation in Smash. No previous trophies I don’t think. So his absence isn’t as big a deal as Porky’s. But again, like you said, if characters like Buzz Buzz and Ness’ Dad the telephone can get in, why would two of the three main antagonists in the series be missing as Spirits? (Also, if Porky were added and came with Spirits, throw in Fassad too while we’re at it).

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Porky was not forgotten. There is literally a 0% chance of that being the case.

He would have been brought up when they were going through characters that were in subspace, or when going through characters from Mother to include as spirits. Considering all his past representation in smash, he was excluded for a reason. Honestly, I'm worried we are going to be getting something Mother-related soon (which is a good thing obviously), but Porky will be added as a spirit rather than a character, and then that will be the end of it.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think we’re in for more third parties again. Can’t say I’m really hype for that but whatever.
I hope by some miracle Porky wasn’t completely forgotten but it’s not looking too likely now

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah I think we’re in for more third parties again. Can’t say I’m really hype for that but whatever.
I hope by some miracle Porky wasn’t completely forgotten but it’s not looking too likely now
That might be true, but I'm going to keep believing in King P's chances until the final hour has come.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Jesus what’s with the negativity guys? If it’s about Nintendo wanting to make money out of its IPs with its DLC, Here’s step one put Porky as free promotional Dlc then put Mother 3 ads emphasizing its 30th anniversary to its core fanbase (basically us) BANG BOOM $$$

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Jesus what’s with the negativity guys? If it’s about Nintendo wanting to make money out of its IPs with its DLC, Here’s step one put Porky as free promotional Dlc then put Mother 3 ads emphasizing its 30th anniversary to its core fanbase (basically us) BANG BOOM $$$
That could work, however Nintendo chose to do barely anything for the actual 30th anniversary so I’m not sure if they’ll follow up with anything else Mother related. If Sakurai had full control over the characters, I’d be a lot more optimistic because of Porky’s crazy playstyle.
Finding out Nintendo is choosing the characters again threw a wrench in the works for me a little

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'll wait and see what happens, but I honestly wish Nintendo would just let Sakurai adds whoever he wishes instead of limiting him to their list of what is probably all 3rd party options.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Hold up you guys honestly think that Sakurai honestly forgot Porky even though
That could work, however Nintendo chose to do barely anything for the actual 30th anniversary so I’m not sure if they’ll follow up with anything else Mother related. If Sakurai had full control over the characters, I’d be a lot more optimistic because of Porky’s crazy playstyle.
Finding out Nintendo is choosing the characters again threw a wrench in the works for me a little
they could just be taking their time planning it accordingly ( HD Trilogy remake) huh huuuh

Tom96

Smash Rookie
The way Sakurai says “pretty much the final new mode” puts me off a bit. People had been speculating that gruntilda would be a boss in a new boss rush mode, and that not panning out was fine until I realized that the gruntilda boss theme never made it to smash.
This correlates with neither of Porky’s boss themes being in smash either (besides the one associated with him in brawl). Could be nothing, just food for thought.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
True but then again, the theme that is used when battling Porky in the Subspace Emmisary (Porky’s theme) is in Ultimate already and Sakurai did say the team had a small budget so I reckon Porky is safe from being made a boss again. I guess we can have MIA Porky instead of Ridley sized Porky for the time being haha

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If all the characters in the DLC lineup are 3rd party, would you guys want Porky in as a Spirit through a update or not have him in the game at all? I would take Spirit Porky over no Porky at this point.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If all the characters in the DLC lineup are 3rd party, would you guys want Porky in as a Spirit through a update or not have him in the game at all? I would take Spirit Porky over no Porky at this point.
I'd like to see him in the game in some shape or form, whether he's a fighter or not.

A fighter would be the best option of course, but it sucks he's not physically present at all.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Have I?

Geno
The Knight (Hollow Knight)
Gordon Freeman
Masked Man
Tracer
Dragonborn
Master Chief
Neku
Sora
Zoroark
Marx
Impa
Sylux
Edelgard
Octoling
Rex/Pyra
Mona
Isaac
Chorus Kids

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Have I?

Geno
The Knight (Hollow Knight)
Gordon Freeman
Masked Man
Tracer
Dragonborn
Master Chief
Neku
Sora
Zoroark
Marx
Impa
Sylux
Edelgard
Octoling
Rex/Pyra
Mona
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Dude gordon freeman you serious?

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

Porky is such in a weird situation that I have no idea what to think anymore. The only thing we can do is, like Paula, pray from the bottom of our heart that Nintendo didn't forgot this franchise and will do something with it in the future.
Yeah the lack of a Giygas spirt is odd too. I always pictured Porky calling in Giygas as a part of his final smash.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Well...

Mario: Captain Toad, Waluigi, Fawful.

Yoshi: Kamek.

DK: Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Funky Kong (echo).

Zelda: Skull Kid, Impa, De-clonned Ganondorf.

Metroid: Fellow important but 100% absent squad member: Sylux.

Pokemon: Grass type-starter (Sceptile is preferred), Gen 5 Pokemon (specifically one that covers types not yet in Smash bros.).

Earthbound: Besides Porky... just Ninten. (That Remix mod has a Ninten that's not an echo that works well, but Echo or not is fine with me).

Star Fox: Slippy, Peppy, Krystal.

Kirby: Bandana Dee, Galacta Knight (Echo or not).

F-Zero: Black Shadow (Echo or not).

Fire Emblem: If I had to pick one, literally anyone who isn't identified with a sword.

Kid Icarus: Viridi, Medusa (Echo or not), Hades.

Wario Ware: Ashley.

Pikmin: Louie (Echo or not, Charlie (Echo or not).

Animal Crossing: Tom Nook (Echo).

Wii Fit:/Fit: I guess the RingFit protagonist... never thought I'd be saying Wii Fit of all series could get a second rep that wasn't the balance board as a joke.

Punch-Out: Mr. Sandman or literally any of the other popular re-occuring boxers.

Xenoblade: Zanza (Echo), Fiora, Metal Face/Mumkhar, Elma, Rex with Pyra, Mythra, and Roc (with spoiler as final smash), maybe Malos and Lora with Jin and Haze as well.

Splatoon: Octoling (Echo), DJ Octavio.

Smash Bros: Master Hand, I just need an always playable, probably toned-down version of his segment in WoL really badly.

As bonuses, I'll also list my existing third-party wants:

Metal Gear: Gray Fox, Big Boss (Echo).

Sonic: Dr. Eggman.

Mega-Man: Dr. Wily, either Proto-Man or Bass as an Echo, maybe Roll and Zero as well.

Pac-Man: Mrs. Pac-Man (Echo, like... why did this not happen yet? More so if Namco still doesn't get any newcomers).

Street Fighter: Chun-li, M. Bison.

Final Fanasty: Sephiroth, Tifa, Barret, Squall.

Bayonetta: Jeanne (Echo) Rodin.

Castlevania: Alucard, Dracula.

Persona: Yu Narukami, Minato Arisato, Goro Akechi.

Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda.

King of Fighters/Fatal Fury: Mai Shiranui.

If I didn't list a series, it's because there's no one from there I want, now for completely new series:

Arms: Spring-Man.

Balloon Fight: Balloon Fighter.

Excitebike: Excitebiker.

Mysterious Murasame Castle: Takamaru.

Chibi-Robo: Chibi-Robo.

Custom Robo: Ray (whatever MK).

Sin and Punishment: Saki Amamiya.

Golden Sun: Issac.

A rep from Advance Wars.

Rythm Heaven: Karate Joe.

A rep from Eternal Darkness.

The Wonderful 101: Wonder Red.

Astral Chain: Akane/Kaede/Miki?Misaki | Hayato/Ryo/Yamato/Kazuma Howard (the canonical names for the female and male protagonist via the random option).

As for third parties...

SMT: Demi-Fiend.

Devil May Cry: Dante.

Bomberman: Bomberman.

Xenosaga: KOS-MOS, T-elos (Echo)

Tales Of: Lloyd.

The World Ends With You: Neku Sakuraba.

Halo: Master Chief.

A rep from Metal Slug.

Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight.

Danganronpa: Monokuma.

Fate/: Saber (Artoria Pendragon (Shirou Emiya being a background character)), Saber (Mordred (Echo? Kairi Sisigou being a background character)), Saber (Nero Claudius) Caster (Tamamo-no-Mae) Archer (Nameless/Heroic Spirit EMIYA) could replace Archer with Archer (Gilgamesh (if EMIYA would be an assist trophy with Rin Tohsaka) all of this with either gender of Hakuno KIshinami as a background character), then Shielder (Mash Kyrielight (with either gender of Ritsuka Fuijimaru in the background)).

Rayman: Rayman.

Crash Bandicoot: Crash Bandicoot, Dr. Neo Cortex, CoCo Bandicoot (Echo).

then the biggest stretch here:

God of War: Kratos.

Also hi again, for some reason I got stopped getting notifications from here, also wondering if that Porky mod has made any major progress or not yet.

Top Bottom