• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Zeox

Smash Champion
I'm calling it now guys! Porky is 99% percent happening. He's definitely a lock now.
I mean, I want Porky to happen too, but 99% sure just because we know there will be more characters after the 5 DLC Pack is a bit too high... unless I miss something, besides Porky missing from the game, there's not much else clues or hints of Porky happening.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Well that direct was... something. We got an SNK rep and i was still disappointed even though i knew it was coming.

The other games looked decent, some better than others, but more dlc characters got announced to be in development which is HUGE.

No Earthbound on the SNES Online services.... mmmhhh... interesting...
Its probably gonna be added later.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Frigging sans got in Smash before Porky this world sometimes man...
All Sakurai needs to say is that this upcoming fighters pack will be first party that’s all we really need

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
They added a second Ness.... uummm... interesting....

Ok, no jokes aside, the thing that hyped me the most is the chance to have "Megalovania" in Smash, not even Sans himself, just Megalovania.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm assuming that they will stop adding nes game to the switch, which means Mother 1 is totally absent, and also earthbound was absent from the snes.

Maybe that means nothing but I really hope Nintendo will do something big with that franchise.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
I’m predicting that in one of these future Directs, if they add Porky, they would do a big release of all of the Mother games on the Switch since Mother 1 and Earthbound aren’t on their respective Classics already. Mother 3 is the big ? mark here but if they’re gonna add Porky to Smash it would be nice to have a localized Mother 3 just to draw the hype even more.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what direction Sakurai will go when adding characters after the pass.
Will he bundle them with songs and a stage? Or will they just be standalone.
If it’s the latter then I think this definitely boosts Porky’s chances as he wouldn’t need a stage since his home is in the game already which also means that it would be easier for Sakurai to add Porky in.
But something did stick out to me during the direct. Sakurai said something along the lines of wanting to have as many gaming worlds come together as possible, this worries me a little as this could mean they’ll all be third party again, but Porky’s weird absence is still unexplained so I really don’t know what to think haha.
I guess we’ll just have to wait and see?

Also Sans hype baybeeeee

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, seeing sans and megalovania in smash was probably the highlight of my week

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I’m predicting that in one of these future Directs, if they add Porky, they would do a big release of all of the Mother games on the Switch since Mother 1 and Earthbound aren’t on their respective Classics already. Mother 3 is the big ? mark here but if they’re gonna add Porky to Smash it would be nice to have a localized Mother 3 just to draw the hype even more.
You may be something way bigger then you realize hopefully things turn out that way, HOLD UP SAKURAI SAID THERES NO MORE GAME MODES MEANING NO BOSS RUSH MEANING NO NEW BOSSES IN GENERAL

Last edited:

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, now we have eliminated the possibility that Porky could be added in as a boss since Sakurai said home run contest is the last game mode.

I really, REALLY just can't see after years of including Porky as a trophy, an item, a boss, and different songs of his, they just remove him from this iteration of smash altogether. And remember EVERY boss from smash's past has a spirit but Porky.

Just keep waiting guys. As mother fans we're used to waiting on nothing, but maybe in the somewhat near future we may actually be waiting for something.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Judging from Sakurai's words stating that he wants to continue bringing in "new worlds" I'm guessing he's prioritizing new franchises. Maybe not guests but new series.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, another guest character pass would be the worst case scenario for Porky’s odds. But then again I imagine Sakurai would want to add another FE/Pokémon rep in the future so maybe first parties aren’t entirely out of the question?
Me personally, I dread the idea of another third party focused DLC batch but I guess I just have to wait

Last edited:

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
I have a theory that this second DLC pack was planned before they even began on Joker. This is just a wild guess though with no evidence behind it. If it's true then Porky's absence and coming to ultimate as a fighter would make sense.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
No more modes, meaning no boss rush... Did Porky's chances just get higher?!?! :D

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
All Sakurai needs to say is that this next fighter pass will at least SOME Nintendo characters the rest will fall like dominos...like the mecha dragos fang falling on Hinawas heart

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, now we have eliminated the possibility that Porky could be added in as a boss since Sakurai said home run contest is the last game mode.

I really, REALLY just can't see after years of including Porky as a trophy, an item, a boss, and different songs of his, they just remove him from this iteration of smash altogether. And remember EVERY boss from smash's past has a spirit but Porky.

Just keep waiting guys. As mother fans we're used to waiting on nothing, but maybe in the somewhat near future we may actually be waiting for something.
If Porky still doesn't show up in any form after all of this, the Spirit Team's competence needs to be called into question. I mean, more than usual. Same guys that somehow couldn't use an official Masked Man sprite at first.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
All Sakurai needs to say is that this next fighter pass will at least SOME Nintendo characters the rest will fall like dominos...like the mecha dragos fang falling on Hinawas heart
*Slaps you for that reference*

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
So... the points that are in Porky’s favour are as follows:

•Porky is the most recurring character in the series (next to Andonuts and Mr Saturn)
•Porky is still mysteriously absent from Smash Ultimate in every way despite having appeared in past games
• Boss rush isn’t returning so Porky won’t be a boss
•Mother’s 30th anniversary as well as EarthBound’s 25th anniversary passed and Porky wasn’t a promotional spirit for either of them
•Mother 1 and 2 are absent from the NES online and SNES online respectively meaning there is a chance for a promotional character
•Sakurai has mentioned having a much smaller budget to work with for all smash DLC so it would make sense for Nintendo to start using their own library of characters
•It’s likely the next batch of DLC will be only characters and nothing bundled with them, which would make Porky easier to add since New Pork City is already in the game
•We have yet to receive and villainous DLC rep
•Sakurai tends to like characters with unique personalities and play styles

Is this it? Does he truly mean business?

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
So... the points that are in Porky’s favour are as follows:

•Porky is the most recurring character in the series (next to Andonuts and Mr Saturn)
•Porky is still mysteriously absent from Smash Ultimate in every way despite having appeared in past games
• Boss rush isn’t returning so Porky won’t be a boss
•Mother’s 30th anniversary as well as EarthBound’s 25th anniversary passed and Porky wasn’t a promotional spirit for either of them
•Mother 1 and 2 are absent from the NES online and SNES online respectively meaning there is a chance for a promotional character
•Sakurai has mentioned having a much smaller budget to work with for all smash DLC so it would make sense for Nintendo to start using their own library of characters
•It’s likely the next batch of DLC will be only characters and nothing bundled with them, which would make Porky easier to add since New Pork City is already in the game
•We have yet to receive and villainous DLC rep
•Sakurai tends to like characters with unique personalities and play styles

Is this it? Does he truly mean business?
Ah I can see the stars aligning for our boy.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I got a question to ask? Now that Nintendo including snes games in their online subscription you think they’ll add GBA games too it... maybe we’ll get to play a CERTAIN game through there. I’m just saying that didn’t Nintendo manage to put certain Japanese exclusive NES games who’s to say they won’t do it with MOTHER 3 IF they just so happen to include GBA games just saying

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I got a question to ask? Now that Nintendo including snes games in their online subscription you think they’ll add GBA games too it... maybe we’ll get to play a CERTAIN game through there.
Considering that we didn't even have Mother 1 on NES online (that was released on Wii U) I wouldn't count on it honestly.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, seeing sans and megalovania in smash was probably the highlight of my week
The highlight of my week was seeing that Goemon Mii costume. My boi is somewhat finally in Smash. :cry:

Porky dodging those deconfirm bullets like:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't take Sakurai's "more game worlds" comment too seriously, considering five minutes ago his comments about budget and "don't expect too many new fighters" were gospel. It's also likely that the translation isn't entirely 1:1.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't take Sakurai's "more game worlds" comment too seriously, considering five minutes ago his comments about budget and "don't expect too many new fighters" were gospel. It's also likely that the translation isn't entirely 1:1.
Even PushDustin is in Doubt mode.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Even PushDustin is in Doubt mode.

Lets hope that isn't true. Though I think the new characters can come from preexisting franchises

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Expand the world of smash by expanding the cast of its previous inhabitants? Hopefully

Top Bottom