• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Yeahhh I’m getting doubtful Porky will make his way into the game now.
However I would like to point out how weird it was that we got a seemingly new render for sunflower fields during the spirit board event.
Sunflower fields is iconic enough on its own unless they’re planning something?
But I just want an explanation on why the pig king is missing more than anything

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I have read in the general newcomer/dlc discussion thread that the same leaker that said that the 4th dlc will be "a female character from a fighting game" also said that the fifth character will be "a character that already appeared in the franchise in the past". When I ask for source for this, no one answer me, but assuming that they weren't lying and that the next fighter is really a female fighter from a fighting game (SNK have a lot of female fighters so it might happen), one character that fit the "appeared in the franchise in the past" criteria is obviously Porky because of his boss fight in Brawl.

Right now I'm not giving up on Porky in Smash. He has a lot for him and I think he's perfect for closing the fighter pass because he is well know in the Nintendo fanbase and how unique he is.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
I have read in the general newcomer/dlc discussion thread that the same leaker that said that the 4th dlc will be "a female character from a fighting game" also said that the fifth character will be "a character that already appeared in the franchise in the past". When I ask for source for this, no one answer me, but assuming that they weren't lying and that the next fighter is really a female fighter from a fighting game (SNK have a lot of female fighters so it might happen), one character that fit the "appeared in the franchise in the past" criteria is obviously Porky because of his boss fight in Brawl.

Right now I'm not giving up on Porky in Smash. He has a lot for him and I think he's perfect for closing the fighter pass because he is well know in the Nintendo fanbase and how unique he is.
hm. Ive never heard of SNK until now but after some research i now know that one of their series is called "Fatal Fury". There are plenty of female fighters in that game so maybe a rep from that game?

I would like to know more about this leaker though. Do we know a name?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
He's known as "Milk Bosatu" and he leaked VR in Smash and Hero with no female alternate costumes in October 2018. Unfortunately he deleted his Twitter.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeahhh I’m getting doubtful Porky will make his way into the game now.
However I would like to point out how weird it was that we got a seemingly new render for sunflower fields during the spirit board event.
Sunflower fields is iconic enough on its own unless they’re planning something?
But I just want an explanation on why the pig king is missing more than anything
I will honestly take the Brawl boss fight back in a patch with Boss Rush Mode or his Spirit in a future update at this point. It will suck if Porky isn't in the Season Pass, but it will even suck more if he isn't in the game at all by the time they're completely done with Ultimate.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Good news guys. This is on the Smashwikis list of rumors page
Nintendo of Europe site SNK fighter leak

On September 1st, 2019, Nintendo of Europe's website made a page for the 4th challenger pack in the Fighters Pass, mentioning a copyright from SNK Corporation. This led many to believe that a character owned by SNK would be appearing as a downloadable fighter. However, later research reveals that the copyright information was presumably copied from one of the DLC pages for SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy, and while whether or not this was a mistake is currently unknown, Nintendo would remove the page later that same day.

We have hope. Also, the leak that said the next dlc fighter would fight in a mech might mean something
Porky fights in a mech.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

On September 1st, 2019, Nintendo of Europe's website made a page for the 4th challenger pack in the Fighters Pass, mentioning a copyright from SNK Corporation. This led many to believe that a character owned by SNK would be appearing as a downloadable fighter. However, later research reveals that the copyright information was presumably copied from one of the DLC pages for SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy, and while whether or not this was a mistake is currently unknown, Nintendo would remove the page later that same day.

We have hope. Also, the leak that said the next dlc fighter would fight in a mech might mean something
Porky fights in a mech.
That 4Chan leaker that mentioned the mach fighter was a troll as they referenced Boots from Dora the Explorer for the mach fighter.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
What a relief to be honest in hindsight at least Terry wouldn’t have been another swordfighter, so we still have two chances right?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Porky fights in a mech.
I forgot to mention this, but Sabi said her very credible sources say that the SNK copyright on the site is 99% percent legit.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
one thing that people seem to forget often is that nintendo is mainly a Japanese company so most stuff coming from them will have a japanese influence. Nintendo more often pleases the eastern audience more than the western.

Which, to be honest, boosts porky's chances because he was one of the highest requested characters in japan. I bet he could be even higher than he already is in the western scheme of things if Mother 3 got localized.

EDIT: snk is a japanese company, and everyone but banjo in the fighter pass has an almost anime look to them. Porky would be a nice change of things.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Almighty God in heaven pls let today be the day please PLEASE!!

Oh LET TOMORROW BE THE DAY!!

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This is probably the last direct of the year, so I really hope that we will have something earthbound related (not just in smash). With the fact that this is mother 30th anniversary, it almost feels like the last chance to have a revival of the franchise.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
This is probably the last direct of the year, so I really hope that we will have something earthbound related (not just in smash). With the fact that this is mother 30th anniversary, it almost feels like the last chance to have a revival of the franchise.
Pretty sure we’ll still have another Direct this year. Probably in November.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
That’s funny from what I researched it’s the opposite
The leak is confirmed fake.
one thing that people seem to forget often is that nintendo is mainly a Japanese company so most stuff coming from them will have a japanese influence. Nintendo more often pleases the eastern audience more than the western.

Which, to be honest, boosts porky's chances because he was one of the highest requested characters in japan. I bet he could be even higher than he already is in the western scheme of things if Mother 3 got localized.

EDIT: snk is a japanese company, and everyone but banjo in the fighter pass has an almost anime look to them. Porky would be a nice change of things.
Fun Fact: Sakurai only included Lucas in Brawl because he thought mother 3 was gonna be localized. Not sure how its related, but I wanted to put that here.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Almighty God in heaven pls let today be the day please PLEASE!!

Oh LET TOMORROW BE THE DAY!!
I wish tomorrow was the day of the playable Smash debut of our pig king, but tomorrow ain't going to be that day my Pig Mask comrade.

You do have a great point there. But unfortunately tomorrow we are going to see a SNK character get revealed instead of Porky as Sabi, Vergeben, and other insiders are pretty much confirming it.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I wish tomorrow was the day of the playable Smash debut of our pig king, but tomorrow ain't going to be that day my Pig Mask comrade.

You do have a great point there. But unfortunately tomorrow we are going to see a SNK character get revealed instead of Porky as Sabi, Vergeben, and other insiders are pretty much confirming it.
Who says it will be tomorrow? The reveal I mean.

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
That's only if it's full of Nintendo characters.
If this happens I'm going dark. I can't handle another year of hype and false hope and "leaks" and "patterns". The dizzying highs; the terrifying lows; the soft, creamy middles. Truly the ride never ends.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Well honestly, with how successful Smash Ultimate has been, i can see more fighters coming in the future.
What about Mario kart 8? It sold gangbusters then they just stopped with its dlc, Nintendo makes the dumbest financial decisions sometimes.

Aight it’s okay there’s more dlc coming, i ain’t even mad, well to be honest I was for like 5 seconds as I shoulder tackled my front door

Last edited:
Top Bottom