• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Besides Porky, I want Frisk from Undertale. The music brought from the series would suit smash well and the stage could be awesome too.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
This. I’d rather have him fight outside his mech, but if they put him in it (which might be more likely), this would be amazing. Only question is what’s up with the red portals in some moves? Is it supposed to reference Giygas?

Other than that, I need those taunts and ESPECIALLY that second victory animation. And second Final Smash suggestion. Really good job, man.
I think of it as a mix of his channeling Giygas's power and his apparent ability to teleport/time travel. It's really just an excuse to creatively incorporate the King Statue and Ultimate Chimera into his moveset while playing on the mysterious "what did Porky do?" aspect of his character.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I want Heihachi, Kazuya or Jin Hell give us Tekken 7 while we’re at it

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Interesting choices you guys.
For me, Porky is the only character I’m really rooting for as my others were spritited away or locked in assist trophy hell (shovel knight and Balder).
But at this point I’m game for just about anyone, except Overwatch lol

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
For me, Porky is the only character I’m really rooting for as my others were spritited away or locked in assist trophy hell (shovel knight and Balder).
Why? Just curious

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
We don't know if spirits deconfirm lol. But it is odd one of the main villains from a main franchise isn't a spirit

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We don't know if spirits deconfirm lol. But it is odd one of the main villains from a main franchise isn't a spirit
Honestly I would say Mother is the biggest Nintendo franchise without a villain in the roster. So Porky being DLC isn't that far fetched in my eyes.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Let’s see...all current Nintendo franchises (with playable fighters) in Smash without a villain...

Yoshi- No idea. Baby Bowser?
EarthBound/Mother- Porky
F-ZERO- Black Shadow? Samurai Goroh?
Ice Climber- No Villain (from here on out will be “None”)
Fire Emblem- Too many to list, problem is no one villain stands out among the crowd
Game & Watch- None
WarioWare/Wario Land (assuming we don’t count Wario himself)- Captain Syrup
Pikmin- None
R.O.B.- None
Animal Crossing- Uh...I guess Tom Nook? Not really a villain per say...
Wii Fit- None
Punch-Out- I guess technically all the characters other than Little Mac are “bad guys”. Wouldn’t call them villains though.
Mii- None
Xenoblade- Metal Face is already a Stage Boss
Duck Hunt- None
Splatoon- Octolings? But are they really even a villain anymore? DJ Octavio wouldn’t really work...

Ya...not too many obvious/standout choices besides Porky...

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would prefer Kamek who would be the better choice.

EarthBound/Mother- Porky
Without a doubt.

I wouldn't mind either of them.

Fire Emblem- Too many to list, problem is no one villain stands out among the crowd
Black Knight would been such a easy Echo to make and it should have happen.

WarioWare (assuming we don’t count Wario himself)- Captain Syrup
She would be cool.

Yeah... :rolleyes: :laugh:

Punch-Out- I guess technically all the characters other than Little Mac are “bad guys”. Wouldn’t call them villains though.
Yeah, I just don't see anyone else from Punch Out ever making it in. But if someone did, I would want Soda Popinski.

Splatoon- Octolings? But are they really even a villain anymore? DJ Octavio wouldn’t really work...
Octolings as a Inklings Echo is the only route there.

You forgot Kid Icarus which has Medusa and Hades which, either one of them would be a fantastic addition to Smash's roster.

And even though Zelda already has Ganondorf, there is still some villains from that franchise they could add to Smash someday like Pig Ganon or Skull Kid.

Plus we could count Wart from Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2 as a retro villain since that game was originally not a Mario game.

The well isn't dry yet with the rouge's gallery especially if we ever get any 3rd party villains like Dr. Eggman, Sephiroth, M. Bison, Dr. Wily, Metal Sonic, ect.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You forgot Kid Icarus which has Medusa and Hades which, either one of them would be a fantastic addition to Smash's roster.

And even though Zelda already has Ganondorf, there is still some villains from that franchise they could add to Smash someday like Pig Ganon or Skull Kid.

Plus we could count Wart from Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2 as a retro villain since that game was originally not a Mario game.

The well isn't dry yet with the rouge's gallery especially if we ever get any 3rd party villains like Dr. Eggman, Sephiroth, M. Bison, Dr. Wily, Metal Sonic, ect.
While I agree that all of your picks here would be neat, I was only going through Nintendo franchises that already had a character but didn’t have a villain. For Kid Icarus I counted Dark Pit, though maybe he’s more of an anti-hero. I didn’t get a chance to play Uprising so I may be wrong on that. Zelda and Mario already have their big villains (though one more for Zelda couldn’t hurt), and as I mentioned, I was only going through 1st parties. Though I certainly agree there’s many 3rd party villains that could also be included.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Let’s see...all current Nintendo franchises (with playable fighters) in Smash without a villain...

EarthBound/Mother- Porky
Ice Climber- No Villain (from here on out will be “None”)
Game & Watch- None
WarioWare/Wario Land (assuming we don’t count Wario himself)- Captain Syrup
Pikmin- None
R.O.B.- None
Wii Fit- None
Mii- None
Xenoblade- Metal Face is already a Stage Boss
Duck Hunt- None

Pikmin could have Plasm Wraith.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
While I agree that all of your picks here would be neat, I was only going through Nintendo franchises that already had a character but didn’t have a villain. For Kid Icarus I counted Dark Pit, though maybe he’s more of an anti-hero. I didn’t get a chance to play Uprising so I may be wrong on that. Zelda and Mario already have their big villains (though one more for Zelda couldn’t hurt), and as I mentioned, I was only going through 1st parties. Though I certainly agree there’s many 3rd party villains that could also be included.
Dark Pit isn't really a villain. He leans more towards anti-hero. I think Meta Knight is a good comparison.

Ant_Merde

Smash Rookie
I'd say Resetti for Animal Crossing, Black Shadow or Deathborn for F Zero and Kamek for Yoshi

That's all we need

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

So with this in mind guys, do you think this highly increases Porky and even Sylux's chances since they are both the biggest Nintendo omissions from the Spirits list? I believe if we are only getting two more fighters than Porky is almost certainly a lock in my eyes.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

So with this in mind guys, do you think this highly increases Porky and even Sylux's chances since they are both the biggest Nintendo omissions from the Spirits list? I believe if we are only getting two more fighters than Porky is almost certainly a lock in my eyes.
Honestly, I don’t think this does anything to Porky’s chances. And no character is by any means a lock. The closest a character has ever been to a lock was Inkling, and the closest thing to a lock that Porky could have is if we find out one or both of the last 2 DLC fighters are first party, and someone confirms that Spirits deconfirm characters.

However, if we were to get confirmation that Spirits deconfirm, AND there was to be a second fighters pass for only Nintendo characters, I would think Porky has a pretty good shot at that.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I'm not sure to understand what in this video increase Porky chances, would you want to explain?

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
All I’m saying is give us a Mother 3 remastered edition akin to M&L Bowser’s inside story, put Porky in as free promotional dlc bang boom $$$ come on it’s just common sense

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not sure to understand what in this video increase Porky chances, would you want to explain?
The budget. If we don't get another Season Pass it probably will be because Nintendo doesn't want to lend Sakurai anymore money because they done with the DLC. Porky and Sylux are pretty big omissions from the Spirits list so with them not having Spirits and us possibly only having two more characters left, that could be a good sign for Porky and Sylux.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I just want one more first party DLC.
Porky is still the most weird absence in my eyes and I really hope he does end up as a surprise bonus character.
But the video above does have me worried. If Sakurai has a small budget for the DLC, I don’t think we’ll get another pass.
But I could be wrong

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just want one more first party DLC.
Porky is still the most weird absence in my eyes and I really hope he does end up as a surprise bonus character.
But the video above does have me worried. If Sakurai has a small budget for the DLC, I don’t think we’ll get another pass.
But I could be wrong
I know it's way too early to post this, but I think this sums up how much I want Porky in Smash right now lol:

I know it's Zelda related, but honestly I don't care and I will use it for any character I want.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
The budget. If we don't get another Season Pass it probably will be because Nintendo doesn't want to lend Sakurai anymore money because they done with the DLC. Porky and Sylux are pretty big omissions from the Spirits list so with them not having Spirits and us possibly only having two more characters left, that could be a good sign for Porky and Sylux.
I see what you’re saying on this I can imagine adding in all those third party characters take up a lot time, resources and especially $$$ especially if we learned anything from situations like Sony revoking the rights from Marvel to use Spider-Man,
Porky is just right there sitting in Nintendo’s bench still waiting to be called in (for some reason)

I just find incredible odd that Nintendo and Sakurai are just going out of there way to include these random third parties ( HERO ) before the rest of the characters they actually OWN

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just find incredible odd that Nintendo and Sakurai are just going out of there way to include these random third parties ( HERO ) before the rest of the characters they actually OWN
It's simple really... $$$. But there are a lot of iconic 3rd party characters a lot of people want to see in Smash and Nintendo and Sakurai both know those characters are what sells DLC. I'm not saying that counts out Porky out of the running, but I'm saying most of the DLC is made up of 3rd party characters and they know that's how to get the money rolling.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It's simple really... $$$. But there are a lot of iconic 3rd party characters a lot of people want to see in Smash and Nintendo and Sakurai both know those characters are what sells DLC. I'm not saying that counts out Porky out of the running, but I'm saying most of the DLC is made up of 3rd party characters and they know that's how to get the money rolling.
You aren't wrong, Banjo-Kazooies most likely gonna sell big bucks cause he's a fan favorite, and joker and hero will make good money on their own. Third parties make more money normally unless its something like ridley of k. rool, then fans will buy the dlc because theres something there they've always wanted.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You aren't wrong, Banjo-Kazooies most likely gonna sell big bucks cause he's a fan favorite, and joker and hero will make good money on their own. Third parties make more money normally unless its something like ridley of k. rool, then fans will buy the dlc because theres something there they've always wanted.
True. But I think they could sell Porky as DLC because if they could sell Corrin and Piranha Plant, than they can sell Porky for sure.

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
True. But I think they could sell Porky as DLC because if they could sell Corrin and Piranha Plant, than they can sell Porky for sure.
I think most people will be exicted for a new character in general. And especially if porky gets added as a bonus dlc character lots of people will be pleased because its a new fighter and most people will have been pleased with the pass.

Personally, i havent been too keen on the fighters pass but i think all the characters are cool.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I think most people will be exicted for a new character in general. And especially if porky gets added as a bonus dlc character lots of people will be pleased because its a new fighter and most people will have been pleased with the pass.

Personally, i havent been too keen on the fighters pass but i think all the characters are cool.
To be honest I feel like I’ve been ripped off with the fighter pass ITS JUST ME PERSONALLY, but I’m not fond of any of these fighters or the series they came from, I wouldn’t have bought it had I known beforehand but that’s just me

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

To be honest I feel like I’ve been ripped off with the fighter pass ITS JUST ME PERSONALLY, but I’m not fond of any of these fighters or the series they came from, I wouldn’t have bought it had I known beforehand but that’s just me
Well Banjo & Kazooie have completely sold me on getting the Season Pass as they were one of my most wanted characters.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
i didnt buy the fighters pass unless characters i actually wanted were in it. so far none of them have made it and i could care less abt hero, joker, and banjo

edit: also your pfp is amazing lmao

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I’m the same way. None of the fighters in the pass really wowed me.
I know it’s a me problem but I still kind of regret getting the pass, but the pass did make me finally buy a PS4 to play persona five is that counts for anything

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys found it on /v/ one more thing turns out Ryu hayabusa from ninja gaiden will be next maaan just call it super SLASH bros at this point

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thanks guys found it on /v/ one more thing turns out Ryu hayabusa from ninja gaiden will be next maaan just call it super SLASH bros at this point
We shall never give up! We shall never surrender! We shall follow King P all the way to the very end of this ride! We shall never give up faith in master Porky! My follow Pig Mask comrades! Don't give up the fight until we reach the end of the tunnel!

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I agree. I didn't know Joker existed before this point, and Banjo-Kazooie seems odd to me. The hero is the only guy im sorta happy about, but personaly I don't like him much.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well my Pig Mask comrades, it's almost do or die time for us as the 4th DLC character is going to be a SNK rep which is disappointing. That only leaves us open for slot 5 which, let me be honest here, I don't see that looking well for our pig king.

Last edited:

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
well that sucks. the 4th dlc fighter was leaked by Nintendo themselves as an SNK rep. I don't think we're getting Porky at all unless there's a new fighter pass or something. What a letdown. to be honest the only joy i got out of this pass so far was Joker and Banjo.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
well that sucks. the 4th dlc fighter was leaked by Nintendo themselves as an SNK rep. I don't think we're getting Porky at all unless there's a new fighter pass or something. What a letdown. to be honest the only joy i got out of this pass so far was Joker and Banjo.
SNK SNK! WHO GIVES A FLYING F*CK ABOUT TERRY BOGARD OMG I WANT MY MONEY BACK

LITTERLY WHO

(Edit) Well...funny story as it turns the copyright data of an upcoming game made by SNK was copy and pasted onto Dlc fighter 4 page hahaha funny right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom