• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And also if you want me to do the opposite and instead want hopes, there also exist the possibility that is a new Smash stage but they didn't made the skybox yet, so they used the one for Tortimer's island, which would made sense because they are working on so much stuff with all these new characters and stages that they didn't had time for that.
The fact that is the background of Tortimer's island confirms that is something Smash related, it has to be.
Also, Stages for characters don't necessary need to be a stage of the character itself, but it can be a stage of the video game the character is from, it could be a Tazmily stage, with some NPCs in the background and even Duster finally getting a 3D model.
Also, from the 6 images, 3 are from Earthbound games and 2 are from Smash Stages, if the sunflower field was from a new stage it would be 3 from games and 3 from stages.
This is definitely possible. The images from the games may have also just been taken from the rifts in the Magicant stage, since apparently that recolored zombie sprite is from there. Hopefully this is true and the sunflowers weren’t just added exclusively for the image.

I’ve been feeling we may just get third parties, but the only ones left I care about are Steve and Geno which seem unlikely at this point...but regardless, I’m really hoping this means something and we get Porky. Perhaps he could even be the next character if it does mean something, since the stage would of course already be in development.

funnaming

Smash Rookie
The flowers are 3D; if you look closely, they're all perfectly symmetrical and the petals are polygonal. I feel silly talking about flowers that show up so small on a picture but they could've used a screenshot from chapter 6 and they didn't. All the mother 1, 2, and 3 backgrounds on that anniversary picture are screenshots from smash bros (ninten's house, threed, and saturn valley can be seen in the background of the magicant stage) so I'm hoping the sunflowers are also a screenshot from smash. The idea of Lucas's stage being New Pork and Porky's stage being the sunflower fields is also cool haha

Zeox

Smash Champion
The flowers are 3D; if you look closely, they're all perfectly symmetrical and the petals are polygonal.
You have pretty good eyes, because I can't see if the flowers are 3D or sprites or a photo of anything else.
With this in mind, They still have Hero and Banjo too recent, if they were working on the next hero already, I doubt it would be anything ready to show for just a day or two, so I wouldn't expect big news for Mother in the day of the anniversary.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Quick reminder, there was a spirit event for Metroid and it doesn't have Sylux at all, since Sylux isn't deconfirmed yet like Porky, could we be buddies with Sylux supporters?
I'm down with that since those are the only two 1st parties that I want haha

Porky's still alive boys and girls

funnaming

Smash Rookie
https://ebssl.jp/fm2/enq/mother30th/q.php

"MOTHER" series 30th anniversary feature questionnaire

In the weekly issue of Famitsu September 12, 2019 (released on August 29, 2019), we will carry out a questionnaire on the RPG "MOTHER" series, which will reach its 30th anniversary. Please tell us about your feelings for the "MOTHER" series, such as lines of your memories and favorite characters. The deadline for the response is 23:59, Thursday, August 1, 2019 . [Only the part that can be answered is fine], so please cooperate.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
https://ebssl.jp/fm2/enq/mother30th/q.php

"MOTHER" series 30th anniversary feature questionnaire

In the weekly issue of Famitsu September 12, 2019 (released on August 29, 2019), we will carry out a questionnaire on the RPG "MOTHER" series, which will reach its 30th anniversary. Please tell us about your feelings for the "MOTHER" series, such as lines of your memories and favorite characters. The deadline for the response is 23:59, Thursday, August 1, 2019 . [Only the part that can be answered is fine], so please cooperate.
Done! hopefully they understand English answers oof

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I’m not sure what to believe with Porky anymore, he didn’t appear yesterday in any way shape or form like so many people thought the would.
We got a survey I guess, but whether or not it will affect outside of Japan is another question entirely

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
*Misses another notification so I miss the entire week on this thread*

Well shoot.

While it’s really strange that if Porky is in that they didn’t announce him over the last few days, I think it’s understandable. We already know the next 2 characters, they probably want a steady flow. He can be announced with any EarthBound/Mother related news and it would make sense. We still don’t have Porky as a Spirit either, which keeps his chances decently high should either of the last 2 characters be first party.

As for the sunflowers on the event banner, it’s odd that they would use completely new art, especially for a franchise which is highly unlikely to receive anything more than rereleases at this point. I guess it’s small and kinda simple, but still, why make the new art for a banner that won’t really show up much in game? Why go through the trouble?

Last edited:

Tom96

Smash Rookie
Sorry you guys didn’t get anything yesterday, but I wouldn’t lose hope just yet.

The way I see it, Sakurai probably wouldn’t drop anything on a weekend anyway. However, an opportunity still exists that he could announce side dlc or more echo fighters in the demo this Tuesday.

Maybe Porky or Ninten will be announced for 4.0.0, but won’t be part of the fighters pass, and won’t include fighter pass staples like music, stages and spirits (being part of an already well represented series and all).

I’m rooting for the Pig King, and the stars are aligning for something important within the near future

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
When i think about this, its just crazy. Mother fans have gotten crushed time and time again and if anything is gonna happen Mother related, it would be now. If nothing Mother related happens this year then im gonna be really confused. However, I am keeping my hopes low just so my soul doesnt get crushed again (skull kid). There is SOOO much going for him.

We got the missing mother 3 porky related spirits, (pigmasks, fassad, nkc, etc.)
Mother's 30th Anniversary
Missing Porky spirit/any direct representation of porky besides his stage
The new sunflowers in the announcement for Mother spirit event (possible stage)
The ASC is the one without Porky (kinda a stretch imo but i could see sakurai doing that)
Year of the pig (def a stretch but whatev)

Thats all i could think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
When i think about this, its just crazy. Mother fans have gotten crushed time and time again and if anything is gonna happen Mother related, it would be now. If nothing Mother related happens this year then im gonna be really confused. However, I am keeping my hopes low just so my soul doesnt get crushed again (skull kid). There is SOOO much going for him.

We got the missing mother 3 porky related spirits, (pigmasks, fassad, nkc, etc.)
Mother's 30th Anniversary
Missing Porky spirit/any direct representation of porky besides his stage
The new sunflowers in the announcement for Mother spirit event (possible stage)
The ASC is the one without Porky (kinda a stretch imo but i could see sakurai doing that)
Year of the pig (def a stretch but whatev)

Thats all i could think of off the top of my head.
And the fact he is the only Subspace Emissary boss that doesn't have Spirit in Ultimate. ;)

Another thing I find kind of interesting is Petey Piranha coming back in the game as Piranha Plant's Final Smash and a Spirit. What's Interesting about this you say? Well he was a Subspace Emissary boss just like Porky and Ridley. The fact that Petey uses his cages from his Subspace Emissary fight in Plant's Final Smash is interesting because it shows the development team haven't completely forgotten about Subspace Emissary. If Ridley has some of his Subspace moves in his moveset and Petey uses his cages, how in the living hell could they forget about Porky? At least make him a Spirit but no! We haven't seen him at all. This whole situation with Porky's absence is very suspicious and will keep getting more suspicious the longer we don't see him returning as a Spirit through a update or them just bringing his boss fight back.

I'm very confident Porky is in the Season Pass because if he isn't, he probably won't be in this game at all.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I'm very confident Porky is in the Season Pass because if he isn't, he probably won't be in this game at all.
I’m getting a little worried that might be the case.
But then again, if this does truly mean Porky isn’t in the game then I’m not too bothered about who the final two in the pass are.
I’m going to be cautiously optimistic but I still find it funny that my “never ever happening” tier character (Bayonetta) got into the game before him

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
It just seems odd that Porky is completely missing from the “ultimate” smash game. Surely he’s important enough to be a spirit at least

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The flowers are 3D; if you look closely, they're all perfectly symmetrical and the petals are polygonal. I feel silly talking about flowers that show up so small on a picture but they could've used a screenshot from chapter 6 and they didn't. All the mother 1, 2, and 3 backgrounds on that anniversary picture are screenshots from smash bros (ninten's house, threed, and saturn valley can be seen in the background of the magicant stage) so I'm hoping the sunflowers are also a screenshot from smash. The idea of Lucas's stage being New Pork and Porky's stage being the sunflower fields is also cool haha
You're right on that. The sunflowers from the field in mother 3 are different from the ones in the smash image, so why did they make a completely new render that's 3d for one image that is barely seen in the event image?
Here's a side by side comparison
jmuwrca40vqkob8irfen.png
7ec664bcbe94b80751b28599ba8b7e95.jpg

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
One thing ive been thinking about is if the sunflowers in the mother spirit event is in fact a new stage, would nintendo really just put it out there for the public to see?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
One thing ive been thinking about is if the sunflowers in the mother spirit event is in fact a new stage, would nintendo really just put it out there for the public to see?
I mean, everything else on the banner for that event matched something in the game already. It can be just as overlooked as anything else on the banner for those who don’t know the EarthBound series/speculate much. It blends in well, so people who don’t delve into things would just pass it up quite easily and thus it wouldn’t be giving away the fact it’s a new stage.

Boopadoo

Smash Rookie
I suppose it's also worth noting that, of the Mother tracks added in Ultimate, none were directly related to Porky. Those related to him are ports from previous games (Porky's Theme itself is just a port from Mother 3i). Even if he returns as a boss, it would be nice to have one of his actual battle themes.

Btw I can be added to the supporter's list

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It just seems odd that Porky is completely missing from the “ultimate” smash game. Surely he’s important enough to be a spirit at least
This. This right here is why I have so much faith in Porky's chances, because why would they not put a Spirit of him in the game and than just remove him completely.

There is only two explanations for why we haven't seen a Porky Spirit in a patch up to this point:

1. He's playable.

2. His boss battle is returning through a patch.

If you ask me, Porky being in the Season Pass sounds more realistic than his boss battle returning through a patch.

I suppose it's also worth noting that, of the Mother tracks added in Ultimate, none were directly related to Porky. Those related to him are ports from previous games (Porky's Theme itself is just a port from Mother 3i). Even if he returns as a boss, it would be nice to have one of his actual battle themes.

Btw I can be added to the supporter's list
Porky's theme in Smash isn't a port, it's a remix. I'll show you the comparison:

Also, welcome to the Pig Mask Army.

Edit: My phone was acting up when I posted this and for some reason the M. Bison "Yes!" Clip popped up on the media link instead.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Picture this guys. Imagine after the final two DLC fighters are announced Sakurai announces one more announcement.

Porky Minch as an last bonus free DLC fighter and Mother 3 being brought to the West.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Picture this guys. Imagine after the final two DLC fighters are announced Sakurai announces one more announcement.

Porky Minch as an last bonus free DLC fighter and Mother 3 being brought to the West.
Or, or, both of those things happen but they happen during the Fighters Pass so we can celebrate our victory sooner.

This. This right here is why I have so much faith in Porky's chances, because why would they not put a Spirit of him in the game and than just remove him completely.

There is only two explanations for why we haven't seen a Porky Spirit in a patch up to this point:

1. He's playable.

2. His boss battle is returning through a patch.

If you ask me, Porky being in the Season Pass sounds more realistic than his boss battle returning through a patch.

Porky's theme in Smash isn't a port, it's a remix. I'll show you the comparison:

Also, welcome to the Pig Mask Army.
I don’t know if I’m on it or not, but I know I never explicitly said to add me to the list. So if I’m not already, please add me to the list as well.

Edit: If you or someone else is adding on to the list anymore, that is.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That theme was a port from brawl and sm4sh.
Yes, but it isn't a port of the Mother 3 rip.

I don’t know if I’m on it or not, but I know I never explicitly said to add me to the list. So if I’m not already, please add me to the list as well.
I don't run this thread, but if your are already a supporter, your name should be on the Pig Mask Army supporter list on the 1st page.

Last edited:

Boopadoo

Smash Rookie
My mistake, I should clarify. Porky's Theme is a port of His Highness' Theme and LOG-O-TYPE from Mother 3i, the iTunes release of the Mother 3 soundtrack. Besides the quality, seems the only major difference is a little bit added in the transition between the two songs.

funnaming

Smash Rookie
Another thing to think about: if Porky is to be in his eb mech, then they can't reuse animations from existing characters. They'd have to animate his moves from scratch... which would take longer.

Top Bottom