• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Also, something strange i noticed is that Fassad doesnt have a spirit battle but is in a spirit battle (Salsas). i just find that kinda weird. Like, they took the time to add Fassad into the spirit battle as Wario but he doesnt have a spirit. And the spirit isnt "salsa and fassad" its just salsa.
Isn't it interesting as well that there are no enemies from the Mother series as Spirits at all? There is not a single one. There is no Porky, no Giygas, no King Statue, no Pig Mask soldiers, nothing. Porky is in a very peculiar position that no other Nintendo character is in right now. I really do think if we at least just get one Nintendo character in the Season Pass it's going to be him.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Isn't it interesting as well that there are no enemies from the Mother series as Spirits at all? There is not a single one. There is no Porky, no Giygas, no King Statue, no Pig Mask soldiers, nothing.
Starman, Master Belch, Ultimate Chimera, the ramblin evil mushroom, and Masked Man all have spirits.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Less than ten days to go Pigmasks!
What do we think will happen?
Hopefully a surprise direct if that’s happens I bet my soul Porky will be unveiled as a fighter. Another thing as I recall aside from the Masked Man is there a enemy spirit that serves Porky? Not Giygas

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Starman, Master Belch, Ultimate Chimera, the ramblin evil mushroom, and Masked Man all have spirits.
He meant that most of the main villains from Mother 3 are absent. NKC, pigmasks, the statue of porky, fassad, and buff pork trooper, claymen, giygas, and most importantly, Porky
There are prob a good few i didnt mention but someone did gather up all the possible spirits earlier in this thread

Also, question. Is the fighter pass for this year only or does it span into 2020?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
He meant that most of the main villains from Mother 3 are absent. NKC, pigmasks, the statue of porky, fassad, and buff pork trooper, claymen, giygas, and most importantly, Porky
There are prob a good few i didnt mention but someone did gather up all the possible spirits earlier in this thread

Also, question. Is the fighter pass for this year only or does it span into 2020?
The latest date for a character's release is slated to be February 2020.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
So do people here think we're getting something for Mother's 30th? I personally don't think we are, but as I've said in the past and others have as well, Porky is in a strange position since he has had lots of representation in smash but now has none so until I know why that is I will continue to be carefully optimistic.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
People been saying there’s going be to a minidirect on Wednesday, and that it turns out Porky will be a bonus fighter like Piranha plant and one more thing here’s another supposed leak of it.

[EDIT] It looks fake as hell, or it could still be in progress in terms of texture

2637215C-A467-49BC-8B79-69856CDF1663.jpeg

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
People been saying there’s going be to a minidirect on Wednesday, and that it turns out Porky will be a bonus fighter like Piranha plant and one more thing here’s another supposed leak of it.

[EDIT] It looks fake as hell, or it could still be in progress in terms of texture

View attachment 231937
Yeah it looks fake to me, but the model is nice. Not sure if he’d have those pudgy cheeks, though.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So do people here think we're getting something for Mother's 30th? I personally don't think we are, but as I've said in the past and others have as well, Porky is in a strange position since he has had lots of representation in smash but now has none so until I know why that is I will continue to be carefully optimistic.
As always, I expect nothing.

Boopadoo

Smash Rookie
Kind of in the same position right now. I do think that there are enough suspect absences/coincidences (Porky and PKS spirit, Earthbound Beginnings not on NSO, Earthbound missing from that list of datamined SNES games) to make me think something Mother/Earthbound related is going on, even if it's not necessarily Porky. That said, still expecting nothing.

View attachment 231937
Guys, this one is fake. They aren't putting Mario in Smash.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion

View attachment 231937
It looks like the model from Source Filmmaker:
porky3.png

If anything, the author of that fake should upload the original image without blur so we could have another good comparison of size and how he would look in the game if he was.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 231937
yeah thats probably fake. I also dont believe in the mini direct but who knows

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

View attachment 231937
The detail on Porky's mech on that model doesn't look accurate to Earthbound/Mother 2's sprite of it at all.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Geez, I must have missed a notification. As for that screenshot, it looks fake (and I’d honestly rather have him outside the mech and have that reserved for a Final Smash), unfortunately.

If it is real, and an early screenshot of him while he’s in development, I’ll still take it though. I’m not opposed to having him in his mech, I just feel it looks pretty weird. But whatever works, works.

One final thing is, from the character portrait in the bottom right, his render art looks like it has him out of his mech. And while we know nothing about it yet if this were to be real, maybe he only uses his mech for one attack and fights regularly otherwise? Which would be a bit strange, again, but just a thought.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I don’t think we are, but at the same time, I honestly wouldn’t be too shocked if we do.

Also something else I thought of. What if, we do get an announcement of an EarthBound Trilogy, but it won’t be available till later this year. Porky could very well end up being announced/released along with the later release of said Trilogy. In other words, I don’t necessarily think that Porky HAS to be announced this week, so long as we still get some EarthBound news later this year.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Its so stressful how Pokey can simply not be in the game. Always remember the cruel assist de-confirmations.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I tried to make a New Pork City level on Mario Maker 2, for anyone that have the game and is bored enough to play anything:
9D7-XJQ-QFF

andree123

Smash Ace
We're safe, Porkyfans.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We're safe, Porkyfans.
Someone pointed this out in the replies: that image with the sunflowers looks new. I don't really remember it from anything, either.

Hmm. 'Guess they could've just made a new render / look for the Sunflower Field just for a spirit event image for whatever reason, though, but why.

Also, nice that they're acknowledging the anniversary :)

edit: and the clouds themselves in the image are from Tortimer Island.

sigh...

Last edited:

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
We're safe, Porkyfans.
Hmm...Anyone else notice the sunflower background under Hinawa? What mother stage has that appeared in? I thought it could be Tortimer island but no, the flower layout is totally different. I could be looking into this a bit much.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hmm...Anyone else notice the sunflower background under Hinawa? What mother stage has that appeared in? I thought it could be Tortimer island but no, the flower layout is totally different. I could be looking into this a bit much.
The sky is the same as Tortimer Island, but the flowers are new.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The sky is the same as Tortimer Island, but the flowers are new.
Imagine if they screencaped that from a potential Porky reveal trailer that starts off with the Mother characters being in sprite form. I know that is very far fetched to assume, but I'm just throwing the idea out there.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Or another weird idea I saw floating around a while back: Porky’s stage would be Tazmily.
Since Lucas had New Pork City as the stage “associated” with him, perhaps Porky could have what should have been Lucas’s stage to even it out.
Maybe that could be where the sunflowers came from hahaha

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
We're safe, Porkyfans.
this is just a big middle finger to the porky community lmao

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if I'm too late for this but if possible you could add me on the supporter list! I'm not going to lie, I'm not a huge fan of all these third parties characters getting in smash and I really hope we get at least one first party in the fighter pass.

Porky is in a weird situation right now because he have thing that point to his addition in smash (the absence of Porky bosses and spirits, and Mother 30th anniversary). On the other hand, I'm not sure if Nintendo really want to put the antagonist of a dead franchise in the fighter pass, but who knows, maybe they planning a revival? I still have a hope for him and Earthbound is my favorite game of all time, so I hope it will happen.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Know I havdnt written here for a while, but just saw the tweet about the spirit! I acually thought he might show up there and he didnt! Porky is definitely still in the cards!

Zeox

Smash Champion
We're safe, Porkyfans.
I been checking every sunflower sprite from Mother 3 just to see if anyone fit it, but nope...
I don't want any false hopes, so let me try to justify why they used that:
They maybe didn't found the exact scene with sunflowers from M3, and because they were lazy they got some random unused sunflower sprites they had, and for the sky they grab the first one they had (Tortimer's island) and there, they put it together.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Well on the plus size he's not deconfrimed, theres gotta be something coming up for us i just know it.

Zeox

Smash Champion
And also if you want me to do the opposite and instead want hopes, there also exist the possibility that is a new Smash stage but they didn't made the skybox yet, so they used the one for Tortimer's island, which would made sense because they are working on so much stuff with all these new characters and stages that they didn't had time for that.
The fact that is the background of Tortimer's island confirms that is something Smash related, it has to be.
Also, Stages for characters don't necessary need to be a stage of the character itself, but it can be a stage of the video game the character is from, it could be a Tazmily stage, with some NPCs in the background and even Duster finally getting a 3D model.
Also, from the 6 images, 3 are from Earthbound games and 2 are from Smash Stages, if the sunflower field was from a new stage it would be 3 from games and 3 from stages.

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Seems like Sylux avoided a spirit bullet in this new Metroid spirit event.
Quick reminder, there was a spirit event for Metroid and it doesn't have Sylux at all, since Sylux isn't deconfirmed yet like Porky, could we be buddies with Sylux supporters?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Since I got internet on the Switch, I had been able to upload all the Porky related stuff I made:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Quick reminder, there was a spirit event for Metroid and it doesn't have Sylux at all, since Sylux isn't deconfirmed yet like Porky, could we be buddies with Sylux supporters?
Pig Mask Army and Sylux bros untie!

Since I got internet on the Switch, I had been able to upload all the Porky related stuff I made:

Your content is raid bro.

Top Bottom