• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
B0E4A198-94F4-4B52-9E7E-7BFD95C19F17.jpeg

I love stealing memes

[Edit] me and the boys hoping for a July direct

Last edited:

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Aight so I just played through WoL for the first time, and I don't know if y'all played it (it was more tedious than fun imo), but right before the final boss rush there are two paths you can come from to get to it. If you come from the right side the last spirit you fight is Hinawa. If you come from the left side, the last spirit you fight is Claus. And not only that but the last reward you get for finishing the game is the Masked Man spirit. What does this mean? Nothing probably. Just thought it was interesting enough to share.

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet
Oh man. I just found this topic after browsing. Super cool that you guys used my old sprite sheet as an example of the moveset!
I always thought he'd be a great rep with a mech suit, but I think Jr kind of stole his niche.

When I was spriting him, I imagined Porky as a troublemaker kind of character who gloats and teases or seems disinterested (like drinking from a Big City Cola) while he's attacking, but freaks out at any sign of danger (like ducking down in the mech and covering his head, like in the original sprite sheet). His intro would be him climbing into the pod, which freaks out and cries as it tips toward him.

I always thought a funny up-smash would be the dome of the pod flipping open with a SPROING! and launches people up. Down smash could be a spin where the legs attack everything around him.

Anyway, keep up the fight! I'd love to see Porky make it!

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
The 30th anniversary of MOTHER is coming if Porky still doesn’t or does get included (as a Spirit) would you guys consider a good or bad thing?

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The 30th anniversary of MOTHER is coming if Porky still doesn’t get included (as a Spirit) would you guys consider a good or bad thing?
Probably more of a bad thing, but apart from Little Mac, I don’t think any newcomer has been announced on the anniversary of one of their series’ games. So I honestly don’t think it matters too much, though it would make sense/be ideal to do it then. But if I have to pick between it being good or bad, probably more of a bad thing.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
The 30th anniversary of MOTHER is coming if Porky still doesn’t get included (as a Spirit) would you guys consider a good or bad thing?
The only thing right now that would discourage me is if they add him as a spirit or if something is announced for mother and they did not show him alongside it.

Zeox

Smash Champion
The only thing right now that would discourage me is if they add him as a spirit or if something is announced for mother and they did not show him alongside it.
Well, if I remember correctly, they first announced a lot of Dragon Quest games for Switch, and then in a different stream they announced "The Hero".

Oddball

Smash Lord
To be fair nobody really cares about Deathborn. It's Black Shadow and Goroh who people love.
I like Deathborn better than Black Shadow. Black Shadow is just really plain looking. Deathborn looks so much cooler.

... Oh, should probably say something about Porky.

I'm not entirly sold on him being playable, but I do think he'd make a great boss in his mech suit. of course if he is playable that means you get to add a bunch of taunts to him and those could be quite fun.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
So... Porky will never get into Smash?
:(
Maybe Smash 6 (if there is one).
Like many have said already, he’s one of the only largely noticeable first party absences left and what with all of the fighter pass being third parties, I think the Porky ship has sailed.
But it does suck to think Porky will be completely gone from what will be the biggest smash bros ever

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
You negative Ness’s should take a nice warm relaxing bathes in the nice person hot springs, our king wouldn’t want us to give up ( not yet anyway )

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Like many have said already, he’s one of the only largely noticeable first party absences left and what with all of the fighter pass being third parties, I think the Porky ship has sailed.
But it does suck to think Porky will be completely gone from what will be the biggest smash bros ever
Until I know why Porky doesn't have a spirit when EVERY SINGLE OTHER BOSS from Smash has one, then I will remain optimistic.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
honestly, it would be stupid of nintendo not to release a second dlc pack. So i think that they could be saving first party reps for the next dlc pack.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
honestly, it would be stupid of nintendo not to release a second dlc pack. So i think that they could be saving first party reps for the next dlc pack.
Well please make sure you do not say that over in the newcomer speculation thread because apparently it's a sin to think that we are getting a 2nd fighter pass. What has Ultimate sold like 4 times more than Wii U? I would think a 2nd fighter pass could almost be called a given at this point, but I guess not.

Let's hope for 1st parties.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Well please make sure you do not say that over in the newcomer speculation thread because apparently it's a sin to think that we are getting a 2nd fighter pass. What has Ultimate sold like 4 times more than Wii U? I would think a 2nd fighter pass could almost be called a given at this point, but I guess not.

Let's hope for 1st parties.

a sin? i dont understand why but ill keep quiet about that topic

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I will support Porky, although I don't know him very well, although he already has a spirit (Absolutely safe capsule) spirits don't deconfirm.

I thought of having Porky without his spider mech, and the spider mech would be his final smash instead.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Here we are home stretch imo no direct - no porky
Sometimes Nintendo announce their directs super late for some reason (as late as three days before).
But I feel like we’ll get the Chibi Robo treatment where we just get a tweet.

(Edit) But then again I feel like it would be a bit strange for Nintendo to just end DLC support after the fighter pass ends, smash makes a lot of money and surely Nintendo will want to capitalise on it.

Last edited:

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
I will support Porky, although I don't know him very well, although he already has a spirit (Absolutely safe capsule) spirits don't deconfirm.

I thought of having Porky without his spider mech, and the spider mech would be his final smash instead.
The ASC is not Porky's spirit; it's an item. That would be like Mario being represented by a kart just because he sits in it.

There's also two different sprites for the ASC, one has him in it and one does not. The one that does not have Porky in the capsule is the one that is in smash so there isn't really a reason to think that Porky's spirit is the capsule itself.

But yeah, seeing the spider mech in smash at all would be beyond cool.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Quick question has there ever been a Nintendo direct on the weekend before?
I don’t know if there has, but I would think if we get a Direct this month that has anything related to EarthBound, we’ll get it on July 25 or 26, the Thursday or Friday directly before the 30th Anniversary.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Hold up what about F zero’s GX main antagonist Deathborn as far as I’m aware he doesn’t have a Spirit himself
i'm not betting on Deathborne even if he lacked a spirit
he still lacks a lot of history Black Shadow and Goroh had as rivals for Falcon and isn't even a popular F-Zero character either.
especially when he was deduced to Black Shadow's lackey in the popular F-Zero anime, like if there was some switcharoo in a AU of GX's story, haha.

it just seems like a lot of main villains are missing from ssbu. Strange.
Dark Meta Knight doesn't have one either (which is dumb)
with Hero's trailer having Dharkon invovled, i'm starting to get the feeling they're saved for a expansion of Spirits Adventure Mode titled World of Darkness.
Sakurai did say he had to cut a favorable amount of spirits from release. so who knows?

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman

Play Earthbound and Mother 3 you’ll definitely know him by then lol

Boopadoo

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised this hasn't really been talked about but here goes. There's a spirit associated with Porky that's missing: the Pig King Statue. It was the lead-up to Porky's bossfight in SSE, a trophy in Brawl and Smash 4, and it's even still in New Pork City, right there in the background. Why is it missing, you ask? Well, if we're going to go full Omega-Brain territory, then I think it's this: The PKS is part of Porky's Spirit Board. At the moment, it's the easiest thing in the world to make a spirit battle for the PKS: Giant Metal Ness on New Pork City with Porky's Theme. Based on Joker's Spirit Board, all of the new spirit fights have at least one piece new content from the DLC in question (Music, Stage, Fighter). My thinking is that the PKS spirit battle has the aforementioned fight (With Giant Metal Ness etc.) with Porky coming in as a reinforcement as a reference to the Brawl fight. This is all what-if territory, but I don't really know why the PKS would be missing with all the weirdo spirits in the game.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Found this catchy fan remix of Porky’s theme
https://youtu.be/G1mIKsjoUrc
Hey that’s pretty cool.
It isn’t as ‘in your face’ as his Mother 3 fight theme but it still works, like when the motif of the song changes to the “his highness’ playroom”, that again can link into Porky always being bored and the song motif changes because of it.

Having said that, I would have liked a superboss in EarthBound, and maybe it could have been Porky since this weird sprite went unused
7A53A90A-B49D-4A6C-AFC2-9D54276443A2.jpeg

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Hey that’s pretty cool.
It isn’t as ‘in your face’ as his Mother 3 fight theme but it still works, like when the motif of the song changes to the “his highness’ playroom”, that again can link into Porky always being bored and the song motif changes because of it.

Having said that, I would have liked a superboss in EarthBound, and maybe it could have been Porky since this weird sprite went unused
View attachment 230431
Imo I think it’s the hypothetical Porky boss or (mini boss) fight that would have happened after Buzz Buzz’s death (due to the embarrassment) or at the happy happiest village (out of anger)

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly Porky related, but check this out.
DB0B907C-E4EB-4A8D-AE06-91AC7E9D6AC4.jpeg

0194D694-CED4-4E3A-B9C4-213AF3FBF22F.jpeg
Apparently a GameCube version of EarthBound was planned at some point.
Weird that it so long for this to be made public, and the artstyle is very strange...
Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Maybe it was some kind of beta for Mother 3, before it was made into the GBA version?
I think it was said that it was a GCN version of Mother, so I assume the first game, especially since it has things from the first game and doesn’t have stuff from the N64 prototype for Mother 3.

I like the artstyle; just needed to be closer to the clay figures, which I’m sure it would’ve been since this was just concept art and was already clay-like.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Not exactly Porky related, but check this out.
Apparently a GameCube version of EarthBound was planned at some point.
Weird that it so long for this to be made public, and the artstyle is very strange...
Thoughts?
Yeah, the weird part is that suddenly it has been made public... being so close of an important date for Mother, is curious...
Not a fan of the artstyle, is a little too creepy.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the weird part is that suddenly it has been made public... being so close of an important date for Mother, is curious...
Not a fan of the artstyle, is a little too creepy.
Imagine Giygas in that aesthetic lol nightmare fuel

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Also, something strange i noticed is that Fassad doesnt have a spirit battle but is in a spirit battle (Salsas). i just find that kinda weird. Like, they took the time to add Fassad into the spirit battle as Wario but he doesnt have a spirit. And the spirit isnt "salsa and fassad" its just salsa.

Top Bottom