• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Now this makes me think of something I have always wondered. Why is there a random Mr. Saturn being carried by Olimar's Pikmin on both the box and roster art?
I think I read somewhere that Sakurai and the Smash dev team really love Mr Saturn for some reason and he’s always appeared in strange places (like a sketch of him on the planning board for Smash 4’s roster).
Edit: Page 50 my boys woo hoo

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Not as dlc but just as a free update thing. No one would pay for boss fights.
Unless it was part of an additional campaign, and considering Darkhon makes an appearance in Hero's trailer this may not be so far fetched.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post; media-only reply
964A6943-F3B8-4F8D-8E8D-E3D01983DD9F.jpeg

Surprised with how many people thought this was going to be Porky
edit: adding words

Last edited:

RandomAdam

Smash Cadet
I legit think he's just not a Spirit to avoid Mother 3 spoilers. Which is weird, because they could have just used his Eartbound incarnation, but hey, devs gonna dev.
New Pork City is a stage, and Porky was a boss in Brawl. Sakurai doesn't really care about spoilers when it comes to Mother 3.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
New Pork City is a stage, and Porky was a boss in Brawl. Sakurai doesn't really care about spoilers when it comes to Mother 3.
Maybe not in Brawl, but he might be now for whatever reason. Especially if, like many here seem to believe, a Mother 3 localization is in the works.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Maybe not in Brawl, but he might be now for whatever reason. Especially if, like many here seem to believe, a Mother 3 localization is in the works.
the Claus spirit turns into the masked man spirit. Thats a spoiler.

EDIT: well kinda, you can figure out that the masked man is claus by looks but still

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I still want to know why he’s just absent from the game
635F3B05-353E-466F-B185-8BA0B41C0CA5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch that among DLC is Boss Run with additional bosses and Porky being among those. That would explain everything. ;P

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
The fact we have brand new bosses like Dracula, Marx, Ganon and that monster hunter dragon, instead of Porky (at least as of right now) is a good thing for us...I think.

I mean how much trouble could it have been to make him a boss battle again right away?

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
The fact we have brand new bosses like Dracula, Marx, Ganon and that monster hunter dragon, instead of Porky (at least as of right now) is a good thing for us...I think.

I mean how much trouble could it have been to make him a boss battle again right away?
That’s why I find it so weird he’s just...
Not there.
Porky’s boss fight was really basic and would have been even easier to copy over than Galleom’s probably was.
I’d really like at least one of the fighter pass characters to be first party but it doesn’t seem like that happening

Last edited:

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
That’s why I find it so weird he’s just...
Not there.
Porky’s boss fight was really basic and would have been even easier to copy over than Galleom’s probably was.
I’d really like at least one of the fighter pass characters to be first party but it doesn’t seem like that happening
Worst-case scenario, if they're not actively planning to use Porky in the Fighter Pass, his absence at least means that they're keeping the door open for him in the future - being absolutely nowhere in the game means that he's not deconfirmed, after all.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Worst-case scenario, if they're not actively planning to use Porky in the Fighter Pass, his absence at least means that they're keeping the door open for him in the future - being absolutely nowhere in the game means that he's not deconfirmed, after all.
Fr, this is why I have at least some confidence as opposed to literally any other 1st party character. The fact he's had a lot of representation in smash in the past and they just excluded him is pretty reassuring for me. Look at Ridley, Isabelle, and Little Mac. If he does gets added I feel like it will be like how Pirahna Plant was. I'm kinda starting to sound like a broken record, but we definitely have more going for us than any other 1st party character.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey all, new to this thread. Didn’t know this thread was even here, but seeing as Porky is the only character I’m actively supporting, might as well join this discussion.

I certainly find it weird that Porky is completely missing from the game other than the Absolutely Safe Capsule Spirit, which even uses the sprite without Porky in it. I should think he would have a Spirit of himself in the game, considering he’s one of the primary antagonists of the EarthBound series. (Also side note, why doesn’t Giygas/Giegue have one either?)

I think Porky would fight outside his mech, in a similar fashion to the concept created by Starman Jr. found here: https://m.imgur.com/a/yRRMP6t
And his mech would be reserved for his Final Smash.

My own personal final smash for him would be him turning off the Devil’s Machine, with Giygas coming out and using some PSI attacks WHILE Porky hops in his mech and fires 3-4 lasers that spin in a circle from an energy ball, similar to his attack in his boss fight from Brawl. In total, this would last for 9-12 seconds, plus another 2-ish for whatever cutscene he needs to turn on the machine.

Anyways, just thought I’d join this thread since he’s the only character I’m actually supporting so, hope to talk more with everyone about this topic/character.

UserKev

Smash Champion
The absence doesn't work in Giegue's case to be frank. It says more for Porky. There is no way Giegue is likely to be playable with how he even has competition with Ninten.

In Porky's case, its like he's passing the barrier. I don't expect him or really hype for the character but he really could bring an authentic moveset.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The absence doesn't work in Giegue's case to be frank. It says more for Porky. There is no way Giegue is likely to be playable with how he even has competition with Ninten.

In Porky's case, its like he's passing the barrier. I don't expect him or really hype for the character but he really could bring an authentic moveset.
Oh I don’t think it means anything in Giygas/Giegue’s case either. I’m just saying it’s weird that neither of the primary antagonists from the series have a Spirit. Porky definitely has much more of a chance than Giygas/Giegue. Though I would’ve thought both would have a Spirit.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Oh I don’t think it means anything in Giygas/Giegue’s case either. I’m just saying it’s weird that neither of the primary antagonists from the series have a Spirit. Porky definitely has much more of a chance than Giygas/Giegue. Though I would’ve thought both would have a Spirit.
It is strange. Giegue would be a sick spirit for Mewtwo and the timing couldn't be more perfect.

Smash mysteries at its finesse.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
what might be the case is that IF porky ends up being a character in the fighter pass, he will get additional spirits added with him like all the other fighter pass characters got. characters that could be included are fassad, NKC, Giegue then when leveled up enough turns into Giygas, Pigmasks, Leder, maybe a magypsie, Pork trooper (the buff pigmask), Clayman, and many more. It all just makes too much sense.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
View attachment 227904
Surprised with how many people thought this was going to be Porky
edit: adding words
ouch, hate how accurate this was.
but Banjo definitely cushioned the disappointment, some perfect opportunities might be interpreted differently.

Hopefully these at one of these picks is a first party Nintendo character View attachment 227521

HOLD IT GUYS WE STILL HAVE UNTIL JULY 27th it’s the 30 anniversary of MOTHER 1 we still have that beacon of hope
hey you shouldn't worry about anniversaries at this point, lol.
Dragon Quest III's 30th anniversary and Banjo-Kazooie's 20th anniversary was last year.
so there's a slight chance Porky can pull through without any reliance on the anniversary!

Me bored, so me made render:
where's that from?
looks familiar

Last edited:

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Man things are looking hopeless... we may have to wait until august to get any more character reveals since e3 just happened. Ive lost alot of hope but i still believe he will be included one way or another, as a spirit, fighter, or boss. And maybe not this game but the next is when porky will join the roster!

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Let’s all give up hope that way when he does get confirmed ( by divine intervention ) we’ll all be pleasantly surprised

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I guess we still need to see how/if Nintendo addresses Mother’s 30th anniversary.
I really doubt Nintendo will give us first party DLC (as much as I’d like them to) but I suppose we still have a month or so to wait

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Man things are looking hopeless... we may have to wait until august to get any more character reveals since e3 just happened. Ive lost alot of hope but i still believe he will be included one way or another, as a spirit, fighter, or boss. And maybe not this game but the next is when porky will join the roster!

I watched PapaGenos' like hour long smash dlc talk, and one "leak" pointed to Sylux, (a missing metroid spirit) will be added as a spirit along side Metroid Prime 4.

Maybe, Porky will get released as a spirit alongside Mother 3 or the full earthbound trilogy. But who knows.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I watched PapaGenos' like hour long smash dlc talk, and one "leak" pointed to Sylux, (a missing metroid spirit) will be added along side Metroid Prime 4.

Maybe, Porky will get released as a spirit alongside Mother 3 or the full earthbound trilogy. But who knows.
Huh...I never noticed Sylux was missing... (Probably just cause I’m not a huge Metroid fan)

I feel like, if we get an EarthBound trilogy, or even just Mother 3, it’s going to be around the 30th anniversary of the series, which is a little over a month from now. I doubt they’d have a Direct 1.5 months after E3, but I suppose it’s possible. Would probably be a Smash focused Direct with moveset analysis of the 2 characters we got at E3, maybe some new features coming in as DLC, and a character announcement which, if it comes around the time of the 30th anniversary (July 27), could very well be Porky.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Hold up what about F zero’s GX main antagonist Deathborn as far as I’m aware he doesn’t have a Spirit himself

Top Bottom