• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Today’s the big day my pigmask brothers hopefully Nintendo will throw us MOTHER fans a bone this year. Whoops tomorrow lol

Last edited:

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
I honestly feel like if we don't get anything Mother-related this year, then it is never going to happen. The timing is just too perfect right now. I feel pretty good about tomorrow though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I honestly feel like if we don't get anything Mother-related this year, then it is never going to happen. The timing is just too perfect right now. I feel pretty good about tomorrow though.
Same here. I feel like E3 is all or nothing for both Mother fans and Banjo-Kazooie fans because if we get nothing for both, I feel like this is the end for both series. I pray for that Banjo & Kazooie and Porky double reveal to happen on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Alright, quick reprise:

* This year is Mother's 30 anniversary.

* Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound were top sellers on the Wii U E-shop.

* Yet the first one is missing for the Nintendo Online Services, and the second is missing from the leak of SNES games being added to online.

* Porky is the only Boss from Brawl to be 100% missing, not even a spirit.

* 2019 is also the year of the pig ;)

* Sakurai interest of villains and being one of the reasons why he added Piranha Plant.
MyWorld.png
Anything else that I forgot?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Alright, quick reprise:

* Yet the first one is missing for the Nintendo Online Services, and the second is missing from the leak of SNES games being added to online.

* Sakurai interest of villains and being one of the reasons why he added Piranha Plant.
I think you pretty much got all the evidence we have going for King P right now.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
He's going to be one of the first post-fighters pass fighters, just because Nintendo may not be interested of him joining in the fighters pass.
I could see him being a separate thing similar to piranha plant. What I'm worried about is him getting added as a spirit if we get mother 3 and then that be it for him.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I so strongly wish I had the ability to look forward to any Mother related news at this Direct. Or any Direct. One day Nintendo will remember the series exists. One day.

And if it's sooner than I expect, then it'll be a happy day for me.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Alright, quick reprise:

Spirits that are related to him (Pigmasks, Fassad, natural killer cyborg, etc) arent in the game either

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
That is actually one the strongest cases for us the pigmask army occupied the entire game chimeras count too
That is super weird, come to think of it. I mean, I guess you could say "but spoilers!" but Sakurai has shown very little evidence of caring about spoilers in the past. And you could say Sakurai just hates Mother or something, but then... why is Lucas even there?

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
That is super weird, come to think of it. I mean, I guess you could say "but spoilers!" but Sakurai has shown very little evidence of caring about spoilers in the past. And you could say Sakurai just hates Mother or something, but then... why is Lucas even there?
Bro Porky being a boss in brawl was the biggest spoiler of all

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
So, I wasn't the only idiot that when the "Heroes VS Villains" was show again, thought "oh **** is porky, now is gonna appear Ness after this!"

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
just another day of being an earthbound fan lmao.

but honestly we got some good reveals, luigi's mansion 3, animal crossing, and new BOTW 2 in development, and much more.

but no porky or mother 3 :(

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
They even showed the teaser showing all the villains like they did for K. Rool... I was so so excited to see Porky but Banjo is pretty hype too. However, this either means the devs are idiots and forgot to put Porky as a spirit or... honestly I don’t know at this point but I’m not giving up until this Pass is finished.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
I'm happy for Banjo and all but...They did not have to show all the characters fighting against their enemies like they did with krool....It literally gave me a heart attack. I thought it was Porky.

cinnabunny

Smash Rookie
rip porky....
that krool trailer literally had me believing it would be porky but nope. not to say i dont like banjo and kazooie but c'mon, that was just cruel.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
I'm happy for Banjo and all but...They did not have to show all the characters fighting against their enemies like they did with krool....It literally gave me a heart attack. I thought it was Porky.
exactly. That really pulled at the heart strings

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...
I thought the villain thing meant Porky as well haha
But tbh I don’t think Porky is very likely anymore.

I’m not 100% closing up shop yet, but no Mother 3 (or any Mother content) at E3 kind of seals it for me.
Either we are getting a Porky event spirit some time soon or Porky is just gone from the game.
E3 was a mixed bag, Animal crossing and Astral Chain look cool and BOTW 2 sounds exciting but everything else was a little meh.
Maybe next game Porky, if there even is a next game
https://youtu.be/QrSDPqsW7W4

Zeox

Smash Champion
There are still 2 characters left, but both of them will be for 2020, and I don't know if they would reuse the "heroes vs rivals" a third time.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Maybe we will get a mini direct or smthn that will give us Mother 3. Im staying hopeful, but as a Mother fan im pretty sure we have learned to accept defeat time and time again. We still have all of 2019 to see something Mother related, dont lose hope yet.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Kinda off topic but, this direct was really bad. Smash bros pretty much carried it like they did last year at e3. Don't get me wrong, Animal Crossing is pretty cool and I'm glad we got to see content on it but the rest was just Nintendo showing us games we've seen 1000x times already or third party. I wanna play Luigi's mansion and Pokemon, not get the entire game spoiled before I even try it. The lack of games being supplied by them is a huge problem. Don't even get me started on third party. This is supposed to be a Nintendo direct and yet there was more non Nintendo created games than actual 1st party games. They see how much we want Mother 3 and these other games like a new Fzero title and yet they just don't supply.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Alright, since the mood is pretty low, I'm gonna post this thing that I found on Reddit, so remember when the stage builder was revealed?

Now, check the dragon, the one next to the Chimera, the one spitting fire, because it looks extremely similar to the logo of Dragon Quest:

And also there was the "Witch Stage", that looks very similar to Gruntilda, the main villain from Banjo:

And like these, there was a lot of times were it was show the stage of the Chimera from M3:

What does this mean? probably nothing, but still curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
hey man you might be on to something, besides we still have 2 more chances

Last edited:

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of the tragic events of the E3 presentation (that's a lot of anime games there Nintendo:estatic:), it is still so weird to me that Porky and anything related to him does not have a spirit, especially since every Brawl boss has a spirit but him. Looks like we get to keep playing the waiting game to see what happens with that..

Top Bottom